Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 03:46 AM

14,835 posts, read 12,121,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Beautifully Spoken! I have to ask the posters here: What if that was your newborn baby? Would you want to make the decision for your baby or let someone else do it for you? Trump cares about this child and he is offering his support in whatever way that can be offered.
The parents are in no shape to make that decision, its not surprising they don't want to let him go they are his parents but their grief is blinding them to something that is obvious to the rest of humanity, look we are talking about a baby boy SUFFERING, do you WANT a baby to suffer? Its a terribly sad situation there is no denying that but medical experts believe the boy (who is going to die anyway) is suffering and that should be more than enough for decent human beings to do the right thing and bring his suffering to an end, the parents will know this in the long run, in fact I am sure they are already starting to come to terms with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 03:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,462,093 times
As usual, the libs, statists and their doctor hirelings "know better" than everyone else.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
As usual, the libs, statists and their doctor hirelings "know better" than everyone else.
Perhaps the fact that Dr's know better than everyone else has something to do with their years of medical training?

Old 07-05-2017, 04:13 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,310,948 times
Quote:
The picture I saw of him in the hospital didn't show him suffering at all.

He looked very healthy, well-fed, with good color, and was peacefully sleeping.

Oh. So, in the case where he may not feel any physical discomfort, his dying little body should be fair game for any experiments that can be done on it?
Ah, what the hell. He can't feel anything anyway, right?

Old 07-05-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Perhaps the fact that Dr's know better than everyone else has something to do with their years of medical training?
It's obvious that these doctors were carefully selected to tell only one side of the story.

Other doctors are willing to treat the boy.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Oh. So, in the case where he may not feel any physical discomfort, his dying little body should be fair game for any experiments that can be done on it?
Ah, what the hell. He can't feel anything anyway, right?
Wait, I thought that allowing him to continue living was "torture".

You guys need to get your stories straight.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
It's obvious that these doctors were carefully selected to tell only one side of the story.

Other doctors are willing to treat the boy.
Obvious? Is it? Do you have something to back up this claim?

Old 07-05-2017, 04:50 AM

27,552 posts, read 13,771,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Obvious? Is it? Do you have something to back up this claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian

Medical experts in Spain were even consulted to for a second opinion about the efficacy of the US treatment proposed for Charlie. They supported the view of doctors in Great Ormond Street hospital that the therapy was experimental and, given his condition, unlikely to have a beneficial outcome.

Charlie Gard's parents make emergency appeal to European judges - Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Winston

The problem is that you have to make a judgement about the kind of mitochondrial mutation that is present in those cells. Presumably [the authorities] must have looked at this in some detail. The fact that one child with a different cells has improved doesn’t mean [this child will].”

"These interferences from the Vatican and from Donald Trump seem to me to be extremely unhelpful and very cruel, actually, because this child has been dealt with at a hospital which has huge expertise in mitochondrial disease and is being offered a break in a hospital that has never published anything on this disease, as far as I'm aware."

The leading scientist and 'Child of Our Time' broadcaster warned that undergoing further treatment could be more detrimental to Charlie: “I agree with you. The probability is that this will be even more tragic and even more disturbing for this child to be travelling to Italy or wherever it goes.”

Charlie Gard: Vatican children's hospital offers help - BBC News

Charlie Gard: Piers Morgan and Robert Winston CLASH amid Pope's ‘interference’ - Daily Express

Old 07-05-2017, 05:36 AM

59,527 posts, read 27,669,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
The child is terminally ill, and brain damaged. There is no hope or help for him. Trump's tweet on the matter is just hypocritical bs. He wants to help a British child who is beyond help, while working to deprive US citizens of their health insurance.
So, are you suggestion bullet in the head or a pillow over his face?

I thought the libs were supposed the "compassionate" ones and cared so much.

I guess NOT!

Old 07-05-2017, 05:39 AM

27,552 posts, read 13,771,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, are you suggestion bullet in the head or a pillow over his face?

I thought the libs were supposed the "compassionate" ones and cared so much.

I guess NOT!
Pain relief and turning the machines off that artificially keep the child alive is what usually occurs in such cases.

If nature had been left to take it's course, this child would have died a long time ago and even with the aid machines the child is still terminally ill and will die eventually.

Charlie's rare disease has left him with ireversible brain damage and unable to cry or communicate, unable to hear, unable to swallow, unable to eat, unable to move, unable to breathe without machines and the child according to leading experts at one of the top Childrens Hospitals in the entire world have stated he is in pain and suffering and that undergoing further treatment would be detrimental and just cause further suffering and pain.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-05-2017 at 05:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies