Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:07 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hey guys, I am as anti-trump as the next, probably more so than most, but come on, it was wrong to attack Mrs. Obama and it is wrong to attack Melania. She did not ask for her position as 1st Lady, and from what I can tell she does not like the role, giver her a break unless she does or says something really awful. I was not all that impressed by the speech but I would say she did ok, how well would most of you do if thrown into the same situation? Heck if there is anyone in their family I have any sympathy for it is her, hopefully she will have a long happy life after trump is gone.
Now, back to whatever it was you were doing.
The majority of Americans greatest fear is having to give a public speech lol, so most Americans would be quaking in their boots if they had to give the speech she gave.

Considering she is working for free, there is hardly room to criticize her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 09:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Melania's "speech" was brief, competent, innocuous, inoffensive and unmemorable. There was nothing exceptional or "great" about it in any way. It was appropriate and courteous, but had little substance and revealed very little about the speaker.

Standard fare for such an occasion - and such a First Lady.

Edited to add that Melania's speeches remind me of the first public speeches delivered by a very shy Princess Diana, during the first couple of years of her marriage. They were also brief, innocuous, and certainly not memorable - people were impressed that she even spoke, as they'd heard so little from her previously.

Boy, did that change.

It will be interesting to see if what Melania has to say also will change in the time yet to come.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 07-06-2017 at 09:22 PM..

Old 07-06-2017, 09:14 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Was she wearing clothing?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hey guys, I am as anti-trump as the next, probably more so than most, but come on, it was wrong to attack Mrs. Obama and it is wrong to attack Melania. She did not ask for her position as 1st Lady, and from what I can tell she does not like the role, giver her a break unless she does or says something really awful. I was not all that impressed by the speech but I would say she did ok, how well would most of you do if thrown into the same situation? Heck if there is anyone in their family I have any sympathy for it is her, hopefully she will have a long happy life after trump is gone.
Now, back to whatever it was you were doing.
Yes. She didn't ask for this job and she didn't do anything out of line. She did what was expected of her. Not really fair to attack the women who happen to be married to these boors. I don't like Trump but to be fair, she never said she was qualified for the job.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:43 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes. She didn't ask for this job and she didn't do anything out of line. She did what was expected of her. Not really fair to attack the women who happen to be married to these boors. I don't like Trump but to be fair, she never said she was qualified for the job.
Melania speaks 5 languages. Most people can't even master one.

Melania is enjoying it as her family and Ivanka is also close to Melania. I believe she is enjoying the trips and the meeting of many different people and seeing many interesting parts of the world.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:46 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Some people who can only speak English can barely speak English. You may not want to call attention to that.
Exactly. I think Trump could really use English as a first language tutoring from his non native speaking wife. She is a much more eloquent speaker than he.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:56 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
That's because, technically, she's the ONLY First Lady.

The rest are 'former'.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:05 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
What I find hilarious is the subject of her speech. Science? They visited the Copernicus Science Center!??? Her comments on its significance... LOL.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left loves those wind bags who talk and talk and say nothing of value. Obama comes to mind.
To be fair, it only sounded like “nothing” to people with limited vocabularies.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Can we have her give all the speeches? I’d rather listen to her than her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies