Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:18 PM

810 posts, read 667,820 times

Advertisements

Once again, left wing nut jobs result to chaos, anarchy, and violence to further their agendas. As expected the mainstream media would rather talk about other things. CNN doesn't even have it mentioned anywhere on their front page. Most of them labeled the anarchy as protests or demonstrations. Last time I checked, burning $%&t and attacking police was called rioting.

special hat's off to Angela Merkel for staging the summit in Hamburg to rub Trump's nose in it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 11:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
Once again, left wing nut jobs result to chaos, anarchy, and violence to further their agendas. As expected the mainstream media would rather talk about other things. CNN doesn't even have it mentioned anywhere on their front page. Most of them labeled the anarchy as protests or demonstrations. Last time I checked, burning $%&t and attacking police was called rioting.

special hat's off to Angela Merkel for staging the summit in Hamburg to rub Trump's nose in it
Quick glance at a number of online sites right now and none of them are headlining the protests...even the precious Breitbart. Don't get your point on that one.

And who cares riots/protests -- why do we want to give these people any more press. They are disruptive and shouldn't get more attention.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:19 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
CNN doesn't even have it mentioned anywhere on their front page.
Easy fix: if you don't like CNN coverage, then don't watch it or look at the website.

I doubt that Fox and Breitbart ever cover what I think is important so I just avoid them.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:23 PM

I think the issue is that all of the media outlets gave it some air but they don't want to focus on that. More focus on Trump/Putin which is more important to us specifically.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:25 PM

And if the media outlets were all about liberalism wouldn't they focus on the riots as you call them and focus on the issues that these people say are the reasons for the protests and try to convince everyone that they are for the right reasons.

Absolutely no logic....

Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
In Germany? What's it to us?

Old 07-08-2017, 04:16 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Same type of riots when the G20 was in US a few years back, Seattle I think. Peaceful for the most part, Anarchist groups show up and start throwing rocks. They leave at the end of the meeting.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:22 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
Quote:

The election woke me up to CNN and the rest of the mainstream media. There is no such thing as journalism as is taught in school. CNN and the rest of them are spreading anti-Trump propaganda and other liberal agendas. You have to listen to AM talk radio, watch FOX cable news and get your online news from DrudgeReport these days. Paul Joseph Watson has some good commentary on YouTube.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:19 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
I'm so disappointed MSNBC and CNN were my favorite sources for news.

I really liked morning Joe. I used to tune in just to watch him walk all over his co-host. I always wondered why she took his abuse. She had all the excitement of a talking board who's lips never moved. Its true she seldom had anything thoughtful to say. Once in a while she would talk about something meaningless and not be interrupted by rude Joe. It made you wonder why he didn't interrupt her. Why in the world would he let her complete a thought when, clearly, she knew nothing about what she was actually saying. If she went on to long, I would be like " come on Joe !!, step on her and save us" but no, he let her finish. Joe would look at her in wonderment. You could see him thinking what am I going to do now to try and save the show. Low rated as it is, still, I need to try !!!

CNN was a favorite because I like citrus and that Limon dude never disappointed. He was a smooth talker. A real snake oil salesman. He would finish a segment and it left you sour. I could take a shot of tequila and all I need was the salt when watching the Limon dude.
Then there was this weird pasty dude that came on later. Some guy with two last names. Anderson Pooper or something like that. I didn't watch him much because my son in-laws name was Anderson too. My SIL shot himself cleaning his pistol. I thought he had to be smarter than that if he was on TV. I would tune in every now and then just to see if he was still alive. He look so pale. I was sure he had a leg wound. But it never seemed to bother him, if he did.

I was so disappointed when I found out they were fake news. I haven't really watched sense. I was planning to tune in but I heard they weren't covering the truth about what was happening in Germany. I know they like violence, so I thought they might cover the violence in Germany. I suppose its the violence they promote here in the US that they really like. Oh well, Fox has the hot ladies. Not a bad place to be and they covered the riots in Germany too.

Last edited by phma; 07-08-2017 at 05:32 AM..

Old 07-08-2017, 05:47 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
The protests are the sideshow to the G20 so how much diversion, i mean attention, should be paid to them?

Was watching CNN last night when a reporter on scene was running as the police were throwing tear gas and flash bangs. Oh wait, that was all fake news...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies