Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 11:26 AM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times

Advertisements

If the republicans were smart they would use these media "Russia orgies" to pass healthcare this week

Old 07-11-2017, 11:27 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I can define "corrupted". They DID say they had "dirt on Hillary". That's why the meeting happened. If they simply wanted to share information, why bother to have a meeting? The Russians could have simply gone ahead and given it to Wikileaks, they could have sent it anonymously to Fox News, they could have released it on RT. A meeting suggests that the Russians wanted something in exchange. The question is what? Because that's how we determine corruption.
and apparently, the President knew about this.

Rhona Graff. Trump’s longtime assistant. Goldstone suggests that he could contact the candidate through Graff but chose to contact Trump Jr. first. She is mentioned on Page 4 of the emails.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.334d7af892af

Old 07-11-2017, 11:28 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who cares. Anyone that is in elected office and some that are running for office meet with representatives from foreign countries.

Maybe they met with the Russian attorney over private business matters that were not tied to the Presidential run and once again who cares?
Maybe they were getting tips on how to beat Hillary? maybe it was this Russian guy that came up with the chant of "Lock her UP!" That could have been the reason she lost?
You'd care if the shoe was on the other foot.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:28 AM

184 posts, read 143,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think you might be on to something.

Putin's goal wasn't to make tRump a big success. He wants America paralyzed by continual chaos.

Looks like "mission accomplished."

Meanwhile...

I have thought exactly this - that Putin hacked both sides and is just f*****g around with the US - from the very start. People on all sides were just too divided to focus on it.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:29 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You do have to admit, that is funny. I guess he is like dad and doesn't listen to others who are supposed to advise you.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:30 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, I see things as them supporting a despotic leader in Syria who will kill his own people rather than relinquish power. I understand your point of view, but I disagree with you. The Russians have taken a position to make themselves our enemy in Syria.
We are killing the very same people. We have been killing the very same people we condemned Saddam for killing now for the last 14 years. As bad as Iraq might have been, it was a far, far better place than it is now.

I've asked this over and over without an answer. Why is it wrong for Assad to kill those who look to overthrow him but it's not wrong for us to kill them?

Quote:
Your reference to Mexico does not make sense. The United States shares a border with Mexico. Russia does not share a border with Syria. Russia and Syria have been allies, for economic reasons, but Russia's alliance with the ruling family does not mean that Russia has Syria's best interests at heart. Syria is collateral in the Russian equation, just as it is in the American equation.

And yes, we've tried to influence elections in Israel and many other countries. To promote our own interests. Russia worked to get Trump elected. To promote Russia's interests. The issue is to what degree did the Trump campaign collude with Russia, and did that campaign promise anything to the Russians in exchange?
Russia didn't believe for a second that Trump could win.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ah, I see. So if someone attempts to subvert our elections but doesn't obtain the information that can accomplish it, they are innocent of all charges? Intent counts for nothing?

I think you will be surprised to find out that intent is going to be the key here, not what information was or was not actually passed.
Israel does the same thing. Why aren't we invading them?

Old 07-11-2017, 11:32 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Putin doesn't care about either side of the aisle, he just wants to be the puppet master and watch us all lose our ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think you might be on to something.

Putin's goal wasn't to make tRump a big success. He wants America paralyzed by continual chaos.

Looks like "mission accomplished."

Meanwhile...

He has a long list of others to get in line behind there.

NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I heard on TV that attorney was also connected to the Democratic party. I think that explains a lot. Obama knew the Russians were meddling, Trump didn't. Nothing like setting Trump up for trouble. THE WRONG PEOPLE ARE BEING INVESTIGATED. It should be the previous administration. There was a lot going on there that shouldn't have been including death.

Last edited by NCN; 07-11-2017 at 12:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies