Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:29 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I don't think this will reach 100 posts. Without any idea of purpose or result of meeting they might as well have met with Putin himself.

If on the other hand Mueller concludes the Trump team hatched a crime, each person at the meeting and the attorney himself may be asked what was discussed.

To which all predictable would say...I don't remember.

Now that's funny.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Default Those who do nothing are inviting shame, as well as violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I agree with you . He prob will be re elected. The people on here who hate Trump are the same ones who are not even registered to vote . They talk a bunch of trash but don't show up at the polls . Then they throw tantrums when Republicans are In charge.
The sad reality is Democrats don't write enough... even when they see in the media that info has told them that Russians used public forms to push the Right Wing message, and still Democrats don't write. I've shared commentary with many people and tried to urge them to write, and they do absolutely nothing. The sadder this is even though many republican know they are wrong, they will side up with each other because it makes a group, where as the Democrats are too passive, as well as the Democratic party. They should be out canvasing this nation getting their message out.
Trump beat them, because he was on that plane everyday pushing his message. Even though it was divisive and basically anti-american, and whining and desecrating everything about America... the people who fell in behind him, were the type to follow who 'shows up in their areas"... if people have a "bad message brought to them, vs No Message, they are going to choose the bad message.
What really gets me... is far too many democratic people make everything more important than having a voice and then they sit on their arse when it time to vote. They don't get on these forums and talk about issue, they won't even get on and endorse issue, they will tell you they believe is true in conversation as if that is suppose to spread the world.

I won't change my values from being of care about what benefits the people of this nation and I will not support programming by Republican who's only message is, cut this or that, take this or that from the people, don't give the people fair pay, and I can't stand that every republican Adminstration is obsessed with giving the wealthy a tax break.
Over the few yrs I've posted on here, not one of the people I share it will, has posted one word to stand against the Right Wing Madness.

I certainly respect the Democratic minds that do get on here and speak, and take the time to state their views and show their respect for Diplomacy with our global nations, to support programming with "our" American Tax Dollars to help and assist American people. and to address the needs for better care for our young people and their education and certainly to care for the elderly.

Here we are facing a Regime that has the evil madness to cut Medicare to give money to the wealthy and not even the Right winger will speak against it. They would cut their own throats for party and for the madness of their evil to detest seeing anyone other than themselves get assistance.

Its a given FACT that the greatest volume of users of Public Services is Right Wingers, but they have allowed the bought and paid for politicians sell them out, and they act oblivious to reality.
They have amassed themselves to be and remain being exactly what LBJ said;

Quote:
I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it. If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Too many democratic people, both black and white act like they are still under Jim Crow oppression's, where whites were afraid to speak out for fear of reprisals against them for standing up for diversity, and too many minorities who still act like they have to hide their voice, the same as was done during Jim Crow Era. The average Asian is not going to say anything, but ride the coattails of advances that others who fill the streets in protest achieve, and there are other immigrant groups who still hold to silence, but enjoy the benefit that were won of social and civic integrity during the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

I respect the Democratic white minds and the few minorities who get on here an stand up for Justices, Democracy, Diversity, and Respect for the Constitution and the support of a Multicultural society.

It's disenchanting to know minorities both professional, semi-professional and general working society, and even the non working minorities, who say absolutely nothing. The sadder things it is some of those who sit back and don't even vote. They sat silent after President Obama said. "it will take the help of everyone", they sat on their arse and let him get attacked by Right Wingers of every type, all behind their racism, and still the people sat on their arse and some even had the audacity to want to make critique about Obama because he did not create some biased programming. When President Obama said clearly, that he support All Americans. There is no way he could have got up and said.. he was making "specifically black promotion programs'... the Right Winger whites would have gone crazy !!!!! yet the same right winger whites want to say.. See, he did not do anything for black people".. and they use that as if one would use child psychology of reverse madness, just to support their racism, when they knew if he's said... he was going to promote black university and pump monies to help inner city blacks... the working poor and dire poor white would have raised more hell, than they raised about "affirmative actions programs"... they would have raised hell if he had said anything that he was going to do that specifically helped blacks rise up from the decades upon decades of denials and discrimination having been suffered from the long period of segregation.

Program Cuts will hurt whites 7:1 more than it will hurt blacks, beause more white people are on programming. I see them at the stores with the EBT an using other programming. I don't resent them for doing so, I feel as much compassion for them, as I do for minorities.. But whether they are right wing or democratic, I fell compassion for their needs and concerns as to utilizing public assistance.

Sadly, there are some Right Wingers who have sufficient income, who denigrate the poor whites, whether they are democratic poor whites or republican poor whites. And the sad thing in all that, is the poor whites will still side with the Right Winger, when they know they are cutting off their own assistance, yet some get on here and get caught up in the Right Winger hatred..... It's like during Jim Crow, a great many whites fell in the "get caught up in the madness", because they did not want to be known as being poor and in need of the same benefits they complained that minorities used, and many were fearful of "white right wingers" who would attack them and call them "lovers of black people', so they tried to hide in the background.

Black people sit silent while they see a whole generation of young racist white kids on college campuses pushing the same hate their parents taught them, and the same hate their parents pushed, and still they don't flood these website and express their views about 'Public Respect, Democratic Values, Diversity in American and the Respect of America's Multicultural foundations.

There are others both black and white, who sit silent while the Right Wing Evangelical push a racist based religious ideology, which is the same racism they pushed in Churches across american in support of Jim Crow Segregation... still people sit silent and won't call them on their abuse of even the use of God, to twist and contort to promote their racism and bigotry.

I keep writing because I refuse to be so callous and passive... and sit silent while people promote madness for the sake of promoting their hate....and I see such ones who will cut their own feet, to keep from supporting honorable things that promote the dignity and unity of society.

JFK said:
Quote:
I believe in an America that is on the march — an America respected by all nations, friends and foes alike — an America that is moving, doing, working, trying — a strong America in a world of peace. That peace must be based on world law and world order, on the mutual respect of all nations for the rights and powers of others and on a world economy in which no nation lacks the ability to provide a decent standard of living for all of its people.
~
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

JFK said:
Quote:
“And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.”

“In the final analysis,” he continued, “our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.”
~
“We are confronted primarily with a moral issue. It is as old as the Scriptures and is as clear as the American Constitution,” Kennedy said. “The heart of the question is whether all Americans are to be afforded equal rights and equal opportunities, whether we are going to treat our fellow Americans as we want to be treated.”
~
Those who do nothing are inviting shame, as well as violence. Those who act boldly are recognizing right, as well as reality."— John F. Kennedy
Sadly too many Democratic minded people are too caught up in their small circle of vanity as well as self consumption of thinking they have it made, with a new car, some labels of their clothes and bling in public image ego quest, and they become Politically Passive.... while the Right Wings circle the wagons of discord around them and attack them from every angle... and still they sit quite and go silent. We saw in the last Election.. many sit on their arse as if voting was the responsibility of others, but not themselves.

We had others, who did not pay attention to truths, and allowed the gaming of distraction bring them to stand against their own principles, by their silence and not voting.

We watched Bernie Sanders, who gather the young voice, and got caught in his own ego, and did not turn his people to Support the Democratic Nominee and allowed the Republican Trump to pit him against Hillary even after she had the Nomination, and cost many not to vote, or to purposefully throw their vote away. They gave the election to Trump, by their own passive stand and being gullible to fall for the drama and madness. Many sit silent even during the gaming about Benghazi as a precursor to Republican games to turn people against their own Candidate, even after people found out it was Republican Responsibility to provide more security, they sit passive and gullible and allowed the Right wing to turn them against their own awareness of truth.

I certainly wrote many post about it, they not only would not write, they would not even endorse the commentary, and many won't even share the fact that forums like this exist to promote each other to share commentary. While they see everyday, the uniformed and vile of Right Wingers gather each other to come to these forums and spread their hate filled madness.

I've sent out 100's of mails, I don't need to be patronized by simple one liner responses, it is far better that individuals become "self motivated to write and support their own belief", if it inspires them to do so, that is the aim of the sharing , it to inspire them to take up a voice and express it. Still ... they do absolutely nothing.

Until they learn, that in today's society, forums such as this is were people are building grass-root connections, they will be lost and behind and sit silent because Right wingers use this tool, to promote messages of division, hate and their detesting stand against diversity and multiculturalism.

The even sadder part is I have made effort by directly asking people to 'share post" or share their thoughts and many don't even acknowledge they received the messages.. But they will rush to post picture on facebook and share any pointless chatter on such forms, but they don't gather a thought, that their voice matters in various forums, including facebook or any others, to speak up about the madness they see.

They watch Trump flip one lie after the next, and violate every ethic that exist, and propose aims that will damage the future of their own kids, and still they sit silent. some of them are aging more every day, as Trump plans to cut things that will make hardship on them in later years and still they sit silent and passive and refuse to speak up even in web forums. It's purely insidious.

B]Those who do nothing are inviting shame, as well as violence. Those who act boldly are recognizing right, as well as reality."[/b]— John F. Kennedy [/quote]

Democratic senators sit and do nothing as to getting out among the people but the people don't urge them to get out, and let them sit around playing "politically correct" do nothing, and they even watch the media pivot and covertly back the madness that Trump promotes, and still they don't even speak up against the media giving this stuff a pass.

All they are interested in is sitting back pretending to be anonymously silent, while the platform of justice and diversity is being taken from under them. Even if they read, they won't follow a like, because it takes more than 20 seconds, and they have to get back to their own vanity and thus have no time, when everything political impacts their lives in ways they allow it to pass, and when trapped under the oppression when they can do nothing after they let it get establish.. They grip and wine and then fall in line to their own pending ultimate destitution based on the policies their silence let come to pass.

There is not one American that should be sitting silent when the revealation of even the recent act by Don Trump Jr. has made it OVERTLY clear that Russian collusion has promoted a man in office that is dismantling American for the sake of his own greed and the greed of the wealthy who hide in the backgrounds and support anything he does for their benefit of self enrichment.

The heath care plan is stated that it will kick off 22 million people, and people sit silent and say nothing , they won't even write two lines to voice their opposition, not on a forum and not even to their congressional people.

The people of the past, stood up, spoke up and move their voice forward and many today enjoy the benefits of the gains of the Civil Right Passage, and they have become so passive as if they got it made, when they see right wing hate, bigotry and bias trying by every means to promote anything that takes civic liberties away from them... and they sit silent thinking they've got it made, while the future of their own children is being made difficult.

It's Insane!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is too busy with their own spins to realize they are tossing away a future that many fought for over many decades... and we now have a society of people choosing passivity white the Right Wing amasses themselves against everything that supports diversity and democracy for All people.

What does it take to awaken people... is it only when they can't get a new car, or a designer label of go to some comercially promoted eatery ... while all the time, the money is being stripped away from public education and university is made unaffordable to your kids and this Administartion had one nothing but find more ways to make it even more difficult for the poor whites and minorities to educate their kids.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-14-2017 at 06:47 AM..

Old 07-14-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why would Loretta Lynch and the Obama DOJ allow the Russian operative lawyer to remain in the US without a visa to lobby Congress and the State Department to repeal the Magnitsky Act?

WHY?
Yes she called Lynch and asked to remain in the US.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
New twist breaking to the story.

Russian Lawyer Brought Ex-Soviet Counter Intelligence Officer to Trump Team Meeting - NBC News

What does Trump need to do for his cult followers to realize he's not innocent?
Yes I heard this on a number of networks, it appears Jr left this small detail out in the Hannity interview. He and Kushner have a rather large problem.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:39 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Don Jr.'s lawyer is now saying there may have been a 6th person in the room.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:39 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
To lobby Congress and the State Department to repeal the Magnitsky Act? Why would Loretta Lynch and the Obama DOJ allow that? Especially after official complaints were lodged against her for doing so?

Old 07-14-2017, 06:41 AM

37,214 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
CNN should change it's name to LNN "The Left News Network" because both CNN and the Left (who watch this garbage) hate President Trump so much...
They don't hate Trump. They just accurately report what he says and does and his sycophants think it's hate.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:41 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
To lobby Congress and the State Department to repeal the Magnitsky Act? Why would Loretta Lynch and the Obama DOJ allow that? Especially after official complaints were lodged against her for doing so?
This thread is about Don Jr. and the Trump team meeting with the Russians. Take your nonsense Obama deflection to another thread.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
New twist breaking to the story.

Russian Lawyer Brought Ex-Soviet Counter Intelligence Officer to Trump Team Meeting - NBC News

What does Trump need to do for his cult followers to realize he's not innocent?
So what? This is no big deal. Let he who amongst you who hast not met with former KGB agents with the express intent of obtaining damaging information against your political opponent from the Kremlin during a presidential election and then conveniently forgotten about said meeting until the New York Times was about to expose you cast the first stone.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:48 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Can you cite a source for this?

My own supposition is that it's likely she just slipped under the radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies