Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:41 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,596 times

Advertisements

Drip, Drip, Drip

Those Kool Aid drinkers need to keep the excuses coming.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:42 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That is where you're making your mistake. The meeting was not about any such "info." It was about the Russian lawyer operative lobbying on behalf of Russia and Putin to get the Magnitsky Act repealed. She even used the same tactic on DJT Jr that she used on everyone else: Russian Adoption.

WHY did Loretta Lynch and the Obama DOJ allow a Russian operative to be present in the US without a visa to lobby on behalf of Putin and the Russian Government, even after complaints were filed when she did so?

Exclusive: DOJ let Russian lawyer into US before she met with Trump team | TheHill
Mystery solved? Timeline shows how Russian lawyer got into US for Trump Jr. meeting | Fox News

Keep trying to excuse the Trumps.. How funny.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:43 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Why do Trump supporters always use Obama's actions as President to deflect against accusations of dishonesty by the Trump administration? Because that's all they can come up with! SAD!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,223,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Chance and Change: I admire your passion and patriotism, and understand your frustration at the apparent passivity of many of your acquaintances in regard to current events.

I would urge you to use that passion not only online, but in real life.

Continue to contact your senators and representatives. Join organizations which work for the same goals you care so much about. See what you can do to assist your local party of choice. Help register voters. Write letters to your local paper. Attend rallies for the causes you support. Contribute when and if you can.

Continue to speak out. Choose your words carefully and keep things as succinct and to the point as possible. Most people have fairly short attention spans, unfortunately, so choose your main points and concentrate on making them understood. Keep things simple - this is a lesson the opposition needs to learn from those currently in office.

Avoid ad hominem accusations (which the opposition is so fond of). Listen to others, even if you don't agree with them - find out what's driving them, and work from there. You may have to agree to disagree with some, but there will be others with whom you can find common ground.

Above all, don't lose heart. This, too, shall pass, and good folks like yourself can expedite that passage. Meanwhile, find others who share your passion for democracy and work with them to make the change you want happen.

Do not waste time and energy on those who refuse to see reality and are entrenched in supporting their hero at all costs and despite the ever-increasing evidence of corruption. Find those traditional conservatives who love their country and who are still open-minded and willing to admit that there may be problems, even if they originally supported those who promised more than could possibly be delivered. They are victims, too. Offer them understanding, sympathy - and hope for a different future.

Best wishes to you. Keep on keeping on.
Thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated. I do truly understand the generalized short attention spans, but in that regard, I think it very necessary for people to work on re-grooming their minds to learn the value of 'details", because the "devil is in the details" and it must be exposed.. Thus so, I try to address multiple factors in the writings. I know most won't read anything that has more than three lines of Text, but I try to write to reach those who do care to see the multitude of details, that they may too reach others. It is good that some are able to write short burst that address a particular issue or matters.

I write very fast, so covering multiple details and utilizing researched data via likes and reflecting back on previous subject matter come with great ease when I write. I've long understood the common thread about brevity. In my personal experiences, I have found that we suffer many consequences via the acts of brevity, not only in life, but in work. Everyone likes to skim everything, and pretend that brevity gives them the substance to move forwards, and for many many years I found within work. Those who build their base on brevity, result to come back six months later, asking for the same details I offered them in the beginning. It is a form of stagnation and lackadaisical spins, that constricts forward motion, and in the longer term, it is costly... both in economical terms as well as in progress terms be it civilly, socially and operational performance.

I've ran many various programs and created programs that work on a global level, and it was done by focus on details, to truly grasp the context... I've moved programs that other found confounding, by simply reading and learning the details, not just the over-view, and been able to change and modify for clarity how to move it along.

Years ago, based on brevity, in a Union shop, they had a vague assumption about work rules that led to poor usage of manpower that persisted for yrs. I read the details, and the supporting documentation and uncovered the mis-interpretation that was based on vague over-view... thus I changed the process, it not only improved moral, it provided the benefit of improving the operations by better managed usage of the manpower. When I approached those who pushed the wrong plan for years, their response was, they did not read the supporting info that outlined the variance as well as allowance in how to utilize the options. There are many reasons I am not hooked on brevity, I may selectively utilize it when I'm, speaking to a large group, or teaching a class, and even in some presentations, depending on what it is. I often advise people, that any "class" attended, if it provides material, 'then consider it to be a self help class"...if one is investing their time, then get the most from the attendance and put in the work of self study and review..

Again, I appreciate your comment about "effective communications", thankfully, this comment form does not force word count. When I write where there is word count, it is necessary to condense and minimize the number of variables engaged.

I am quite sure, many who see the wall of text of some of my post, will not read them, but even if one or two reads it. Its good. Because if there is such as 6 degree of separations, 2 can become 20, and 20 can become 180... even if they get only on point they move forward with their own infusion of commentary and focus.

I participate in various forms and the general format is two liners and the liners.. and many people come for entertainment and slap stick comedic commentary... its ok, if that's their thing. It just is not my thing.

We have a diverse society, and if we look around in daily life, brevity has cost us a great deal. People got lost in the brevity of media commercials and never figured out what bills and measures were of value, they only paid attention to who was the better attack dog in the commercials. That is not what campaigning is about. It's about" Discuss your value and platform and how YOU can REPRESENT the people, not how a politician can push the agenda of who gives them the most money. The voice and vote is more important than that.
I ignore to a greater degree most political commercials, other than to see the idiocy, and then go find the facts... which make sit easy to dismiss the idiocy, and support those who promote good principles and will honestly respect and represent the people. Not who'e the most belligerent.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
So, a KBG spy was also present......

This is not good fellas.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,223,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Chance and Change. I feel your passion and devotion to pushing back on right wing extremism. When you are online please shorten your posts. Not everyone is an intellectual and most of what you write will go over their heads. Trump won because he was the master of the "dumb down". Bush also used that strategy. I agree with you 100 percent. We should not be silent in the face of injustice but we have to present our argument s in a format blue collar America will understand.
I hear you and I understand... what will be of benefit in association to what I write, if for those who can extract some value and promote it in simpler form... if they do so... that will be a good things, that is better because it becomes teamwork... I appreciate those who can do that. It is far better for me to speak to people who can do that... and I simply provide some expanded details for them to digest and utilize for shorter burst.

We have to become a smarter society... the Right Wing wants to dumb down people. I care to expand the people and broaden their awareness. If those who are crafty at shorter points of brevity, that is good, they can push forward via that methods... and for those who want more details, they can link to a post of greater detail for those who care to follow the link.

There is just so much that we have to address which is so multi-dimensional... that we have by some means a need to become a more informed society on a broad matter of things....

Old 07-14-2017, 08:10 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
When all else fails....... Blame it on the Black GUY huh?
SOP. Blaming the Black Guy is default. Blame a Liberal if you can't find a Black Guy.

Bonus points for a Black Guy who is also a Liberal. A Black Woman Liberal to blame is the Holy Grail.

Last edited by cuebald; 07-14-2017 at 08:31 AM..

Old 07-14-2017, 08:13 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

This is not good fellas.

No- this is GREAT. Expose the Trump's for what they are- traitors AND idiots.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:23 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No- this is GREAT. Expose the Trump's for what they are- traitors AND idiots.
See, it's actually not. I think Trump is an abomination and Americans who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves.

But what you are going to end up with is Pence and a GOP house and senate that thinks THEY have a mandate to push through a bunch of right wing garbage. So that's from the ideological side.

From a non-ideological perspective, the whole episode takes our nation down a few notches in how it is perceived.

So while it may make you feel jovial to see a jerk get what is coming to him, it's not good.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:28 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

This is not good fellas.
In my wildest most paranoid nightmare I could have never imagined that the election of Trump would ever take us to this place. We all knew it was going to be bad. But very few ever speculated that we would be talking about meeting with Russian lawyers and KGB agents and openly discussing collusion with our greatest enemy. Main reason was that I assumed Trump would surely have been clever enough to hide any "arrangements" that he had made with Russia about influencing the election. What we are learning is that not only is Trump a traitorous self-serving crook, not only is his family corrupt at the very deepest level - but we now understand that they are stupid too.

I had been holding off on voting in the poll for this thread, but with these latest revelations there is little doubt that the Trump campaign cooperated with Russian foreign nationals to influence the 2016 election. Have no idea what that means from a legal point of view, but from any practical point of view it means that the Trump Administration will be dysfunctional from this point forward.

This is a big deal folks. No matter where you stand on the political landscape, this is going to affect all of us for decades into the future. Not in a good way.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 07-14-2017 at 08:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies