Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 11:00 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
We had 2 awful choices, each with its own smallish but passionate fan base. One of the terrible choices had a more passionate fanbase than the other.

I don't think most Americans were excited about either of them. I think a whole lot of people held thier noses and chose what they considered the most pragmatic choice of the two.

And now we're stuck with this guy.
Who are you kidding? I was thrilled he was running! I had been waiting since middle school for the day he'd run!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 11:01 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
It's pretty simple...Trump got elected because most Democrats are simply wrong about their positions on everything.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:02 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Who are you kidding? I was thrilled he was running! I had been waiting since middle school for the day he'd run!
LOL. Well at least your dreams came true. Somebody gets to be happy.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:03 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Yes, it is fear and most of it is irrational based on years of brown-shirt talk radio artists and Trump's phony rhetoric. Trump played himself as some sort of savior who, alone, could save everyone from their fear-fantasy but it isn't working. Much of the blustery anger expressed by Trumpers on this forum and others is a mask for fear that frustrates them because it doesn't actually fit reality...they can't quite put a finger on it. Cognitive dissonance makes them angry. That's why they fall back on the crazy name calling (communists, leftists, etc.) and foolish statements because they have nothing else to hold on to.

Almost any other Republican candidate (with the possible exception of Ben Carson) would be a better functioning president than Trump but they didn't have the fear mongering aspect.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:04 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Way off there bub...

Try failing economy, try overstepping boundaries and wanting to go after firearms, try sanctuary cities, globalist open borders, try a failure of health insurance policy.

Fear is what the left campaigns on...
Failing economy??????????

June was the 81st. consecutive month of POSITIVE job growth in the US since the recession!

76 out of those 81 months occurred under the Obama Presidency.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:05 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If that doesn't tell the public how BAD Hillary is, nothing will.
Quote:
Way off there bub...

Try failing economy, try overstepping boundaries and wanting to go after firearms, try sanctuary cities, globalist open borders, try a failure of health insurance policy.

Fear is what the left campaigns on...

There were other choices besides Hillary.

Failing economy? I guess you didn't click on the link. Being a Trumpist I'm betting you didn't.

I didn't agree with the ACA myself no one should be forced to have healthcare. For many people it helped and some it didn't. But at least it wasn't a tax break for the rich. No one knocked on my doors asking for my guns? Did they knock on yours? I'm going to guess no.

Please show me where the left is into fear mongering.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's pretty simple...Trump got elected because most Democrats are simply wrong about their positions on everything.

That's true for both parties.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:08 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
I finally know what got Trump elected.
The electoral college.
The rest of us learned that in the sixth grade.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:10 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Actually TrumpPutin got elected because of the Electoral College and fear mongering about Muslims & Mexicans.

3 million more votes for Hillary suggests the Dems weren't simply wrong about their positions on everything.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:14 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Trump barely won. He lost the popular vote by 3 million and barely won the electoral college by 1% in 3 states. And the only reason he won those states is because of his popular economic message which he cannot deliver (because of automation and a changed economy) and they will soon realize that as time goes on that they have been sold snakes oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies