Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 11:19 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
There were other choices besides Hillary.

Failing economy? I guess you didn't click on the link. Being a Trumpist I'm betting you didn't.

I didn't agree with the ACA myself no one should be forced to have healthcare. For many people it helped and some it didn't. But at least it wasn't a tax break for the rich. No one knocked on my doors asking for my guns? Did they knock on yours? I'm going to guess no.

Please show me where the left is into fear mongering.
Oh Andy Cuomo made mine into a felony charge worse than child molester receives... he passed that "safe act" out of fear. Get caught with an AR and magazines with more than 7 or the capacity to hold more than 7 unless at a shooting range where you were granted 10... see what that gets ya. Confiscation hefty fine and nasty felony charge. Passed in the middle of the night... turned every gun owner into a felon unless they registered. Nope. Mine went missing in a tragic boating accident then the currents dragged them to Florida

And that's where NY and CT were headed. Knocking on the door with forefieture without reimbursement if you did not comply. Again, out of fear.

Let's see... my investments were stagnant under obama. Election night forward they've been going gang busters...

If it came down to Rubio, or romney vs sanders... I may have gone for sanders. He was vehemently against the anti gun agenda that HRC posed. Ever go to Vermont? It's the north easts version of Texas when it comes to firearms.

As for health insurance, my provider dropped me, I had to take a chItty Empire Blue plane through work and for what? 200% increase on premium price, and for 30% the coverage I once had... and that's affordable... okie dokie...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 11:23 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Oh Andy Cuomo made mine into a felony charge worse than child molester receives... he passed that "safe act" out of fear. Get caught with an AR and magazines with more than 7 or the capacity to hold more than 7 unless at a shooting range where you were granted 10... see what that gets ya. Confiscation hefty fine and nasty felony charge. Passed in the middle of the night... turned every gun owner into a felon unless they registered. Nope. Mine went missing in a tragic boating accident then the currents dragged them to Florida

This being a forum we need links or it's hearsay.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:24 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
So I've been wondering why/how Trump got elected.. I finally figured it out.

Fear.

The right has always played the fear card.
You mean fear of losing Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, housing or is there something else you are talking about.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:25 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Let's see... my investments were stagnant under obama. Election night forward they've been going gang busters...
Are all your investments in Trump stock? lol. Seriously though, the stock market has been rising for a long time now. As well as the economy. In fact, on a monthly basis before last jobs report, economists thought the job creation was slowing down since Trump got elected. http://www.businessinsider.com/may-2...r-trump-2017-6

Old 07-09-2017, 11:25 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:

Failing economy? I guess you didn't click on the link. Being a Trumpist I'm betting you didn't.

I didn't agree with the ACA myself no one should be forced to have healthcare. For many people it helped and some it didn't. But at least it wasn't a tax break for the rich. No one knocked on my doors asking for my guns? Did they knock on yours? I'm going to guess no.

Then why in the name of hell did the DNC clear the field for Hillary and why did the celebrities and Wall Street and Goldman Sachs and most Demcratic politicians push Hillary from the beginning??!?

Having Hillary, a candidate that could lose to Trump, be the nominee was 100% on you Dems. You made your bed and you now must Sleep in it

Old 07-09-2017, 11:29 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You mean fear of losing Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, housing or is there something else you are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Then why in the name of hell did the DNC clear the field for Hillary and why did the celebrities and Wall Street and Goldman Sachs and most Demcratic politicians push Hillary from the beginning??!?

Having Hillary, a candidate that could lose to Trump, be the nominee was 100% on you Dems. You made your bed and you now must Sleep in it

Didn't click on the link did you? Didn't think so. I was against ACA myself.

Dems?? You're point your finger at the wrong person.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:32 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Didn't click on the link did you? Didn't think so. I was against ACA myself.

Dems?? You're point your finger at the wrong person.

Who should I point my finger at for having Hillary as the nominee then?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:

By the time we walked into our polling places, there were only two viable choices and Hillary was one of them. Throwing your vote away on someone who isn't going to garner enough votes to be elected? You might as well stay home.

I'm Democrat. The loons on the left fear monger all the time. Oh my God - they want to rob us of having control over our own bodies! They'll reverse Roe v. Wade! The Republicans want to tear parents away from their children and break up families! Guns are the cause of all the killing! It's easier for black impoverished youth to get a gun than it is for them to access a computer!

And let's not talk about shaming people and their false accusations whenever anyone says something they disagree with. They scream Islamophobia if someone says they don't think women should be allowed to wear a burka for a drivers license photo, yet demand someone not wear a shirt bearing the American flag because it's insensitive. Or they state people are against immigration and anti-Hispanic if they're pro-legal immigration but not illegal aliens.

These are the people who have moved me further to the center. They're NUTS!

The right hasn't cornered the market on fear mongering - that in itself is nothing more than loony left fear mongering.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:35 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Are all your investments in Trump stock? lol. Seriously though, the stock market has been rising for a long time now. As well as the economy. In fact, on a monthly basis before last jobs report, economists thought the job creation was slowing down since Trump got elected. May 2017 jobs report holds some worrying signs for Trump - Business Insider
His investments might have been in the Russian stock market instead!

Only a fool would have lost money in the stock market under Obama's tenure.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:35 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Fear of Hillary being President was a huge motivating factor for most of us.

We did not vote for Trump, we voted against Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies