Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 11:46 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

Almost any other Republican candidate (with the possible exception of Ben Carson) would be a better functioning president than Trump but they didn't have the fear mongering aspect.
Nope. A lot of Republicans are/were sick of so-called "better functioning" Republicans. We wanted our immigration laws enforced, we wanted jobs, we wanted the constant Federal government involvement in our lives reduced. I saw no other Republican candidate who had done much of anything regarding this, with the possible exception of a couple of the governors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 11:50 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
You are overgeneralizing things, but in the end, do we want future generations to suffer under global warming? Vote Republican. Do you want healthcare to go back to the way it was with 45, 000 deaths a year due to lack of coverage? Vote Republican. Do you want to see more middle eastern wars like the Iraq debacle? Vote Republican.

The Left is not perfect, but they are way more sane then the Republicans at this time.
Lack of coverage! How the hell could you not afford health insurance premiums PRE ACA!!! Did it ever occur of those figures, some folks voluntarily didn't purchase health insurance for they felt they didn't need it? Isn't it funny how under ACA you could claim a certain faith and be void of having health insurance and waived paying the fine?

Global warming... such a farce... to have an entity tax, fine, penalize and sell "carbon credits" to push industry out of this country... and you wonder how China is gaining economic status...

As for your middle east theory that would have happened with Jeb and George continuing what their daddy started. That dynasty needs to go away...

Old 07-09-2017, 11:59 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
There were other choices besides Hillary.

Failing economy? I guess you didn't click on the link. Being a Trumpist I'm betting you didn't.

I didn't agree with the ACA myself no one should be forced to have healthcare. For many people it helped and some it didn't. But at least it wasn't a tax break for the rich. No one knocked on my doors asking for my guns? Did they knock on yours? I'm going to guess no.

Please show me where the left is into fear mongering.

OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U

Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't forget the whole he's out against women's rights thing either...

Don't forget the whole phobosisticismist claims either....

Don't forget the whole he will destroy this nation as the accusers go out and literally destroy the nation... from their inauguration day riot, Berkeley riots, to their 9th circus court.

I didn't go smash windows burn cars books and scream injustice over obama winning twice. Nor did I go on a looting and pillaging spree either.
MAGA!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:12 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Just trumps campaign words, Make America Great AGAIN...got me me immediately. Those who voted him in, did not GET IT. They have nothing good to say about America. Why do people keep trying to come here? No it's not perfect, but what is? Death.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
You are overgeneralizing things, but in the end, do we want future generations to suffer under global warming? Vote Republican. Do you want healthcare to go back to the way it was with 45, 000 deaths a year due to lack of coverage? Vote Republican. Do you want to see more middle eastern wars like the Iraq debacle? Vote Republican.

The Left is not perfect, but they are way more sane then the Republicans at this time.
I voted for Obama twice. His administration ended up being the second most corrupt in my lifetime, with Nixon being first.

Do you want continued racial divisiveness? Vote most of the current Dems. You want one world/globalism and Soros calling the shots? Vote most of the current Dems. You want the problems they experience in Europe right here in our own country? Vote the current Dems. You want politicians putting everyone first BUT Americans in the name of political correctness? Vote the current Dems. You want a continued flow of millions of illegals entering the country? Vote the current Dems.

Until people like you understand WHY the Dems lost, they'll keep losing. And guess what? Given the current dopes in DC - I'm okay with that.

I happen to hate both sides - they don't represent any of us, but until Democrats get their act together, I'll just sit right where I am in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Repped for truth!
This guy gets it!!! Now I'll wait for the berniecrats and hilacrats to come tear this guy apart and call him a traitor like what happened in the thread on why dems should keep losing
Too late - see above....lol.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
So I've been wondering why/how Trump got elected.. I finally figured it out.

Fear.

The right has always played the fear card. Fear this country, fear that group of people, the list goes on. The left does the same but mostly it's fear the right.

The right loves to tell us that everyone is coming to kill us, take the country from us, etc.
My mom used to watch Fox News and listen to them tell everyone how afraid we should be of Obama and his Muslim brotherhood. She even thought Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Which I find interesting because the crime rate dropped while he was in office.

According to the FBI’s most recent annual compilation of crime reports published Dec. 14, there were 2,216 fewer murders and deaths from no negligent manslaughter in the U.S. during 2014 than in 2008, the year before Obama first took office. That’s a 13 percent reduction in the number of homicides.
The drop in all violent crime — including homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault — is even greater. There were 229,078 fewer violent crimes in the U.S. in 2014 than in 2008, a drop of 16 percent, according to the FBI.
And because the U.S. population was growing, the violent crime rate dropped even faster than the absolute numbers. In 2014, the homicide rate was 4.5 per 100,000 inhabitants, down from 5.4 in 2008.

If you keep reading the link overall we as a nation were in more then decent shape.

Granted nothing is perfect or ever will be in our country or any place else.

Obama's Numbers (January 2016 Update) - FactCheck.org

You can't sit there and watch this video below and tell yourself that it's not fear based without lying to yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qxbfjtj1II
His winning goes a lot deeper than fear. Hillary wasn't the best candidate, the Dems were sure she was the winner and Trump, regardless of your love or hate for him, is an excellent campaigner plus people really were ready for change. He certainly wasn't my first or even my second choice, but I did like the idea of change and we certainly have seen a lot of that since Jan. 20th.

As for videos, I would think the one we saw at the wrestling match would be enough to make people realize what can be done with a camera in today's tech world. We all need to do ourselves a favor and not take any of them as fact/ Ytube is a joke.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Who are you kidding? I was thrilled he was running! I had been waiting since middle school for the day he'd run!
Well, you'd probably be counted as among his passionate base as compared to the average ambivalent voter.

I remember rooting for him the first time he tried to run, as I thought that as a businessman, he'd create a true free market out of the USA, for both businesses AND individuals.

But that was when I was a bit more idealistic. I don't think the government or big globalist corporations will ever allow that, so that's why I started seeing things like H1B abuse, illegals, rampant offshoring, and expensive healthcare as problems that simply have to be addressed head on.

Though in elections I still do and will vote for the most libertarian candidates because I'm a stubborn little ****.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:52 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:

Fear.

The right has always played the fear card. Fear this country, fear that group of people, the list goes on. The left does the same but mostly it's fear the right.
You've got to be kidding. The left does nothing but peddle fear: guns, racism and bigotry where none exist, the big, bad white male, etc. You're delusional.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:

Fear.

The right loves to tell us that everyone is coming to kill us, take the country from us, etc.
My mom used to watch Fox News and listen to them tell everyone how afraid we should be of Obama and his Muslim brotherhood. She even thought Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Which I find interesting because the crime rate dropped while he was in office.

According to the FBI’s most recent annual compilation of crime reports published Dec. 14, there were 2,216 fewer murders and deaths from no negligent manslaughter in the U.S. during 2014 than in 2008, the year before Obama first took office. That’s a 13 percent reduction in the number of homicides.
The drop in all violent crime — including homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault — is even greater. There were 229,078 fewer violent crimes in the U.S. in 2014 than in 2008, a drop of 16 percent, according to the FBI.
And because the U.S. population was growing, the violent crime rate dropped even faster than the absolute numbers. In 2014, the homicide rate was 4.5 per 100,000 inhabitants, down from 5.4 in 2008.

If you keep reading the link overall we as a nation were in more then decent shape.

Granted nothing is perfect or ever will be in our country or any place else.

Obama's Numbers (January 2016 Update) - FactCheck.org

You can't sit there and watch this video below and tell yourself that it's not fear based without lying to yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qxbfjtj1II
Of course it's fear. After watching what Obama has done for eight years, many of us really feared what Hillary would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies