Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 12:15 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This thread informs me that there are two types of people - those in favor or net neutrality and those who have no understanding of what net neutrality is.
Basically, add in that they are easily manipulated in their ignorance.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Basically, add in that they are easily manipulated in their ignorance.
I have no idea what's going on but I don't think I'm being manipulated on this one.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:41 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I have no idea what's going on but I don't think I'm being manipulated on this one.

All they gotta do is tell you its a law from the government and you are against it, no need to understand what it actually does.

You don't even take the time to realize that the law itself is what is putting fetters on how heavily the telecoms can censor and control the internet content you see, or think about the fact that the law itself actually stops the government from being able to conspire with the telecoms to control speech on the internet like China's government does. This particular law is a RESTRICTION both on the power of the telecoms but also on what the government itself can make deals with the telecoms to do. It is a law that DIMINISHES government power over speech on the internet.

Repealing it will INCREASE the power of the telecoms to control speech on the internet, and open the door for the GOVERNMENT TO HAVE MORE CONTROL AND INFLUENCE OVER FREE SPEECH ON THE INTERNET.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 11-28-2017 at 12:54 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 12:49 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Think of it this way:

Would you want five mega-corporations to own every highway in the US, with the ability to dictate who can use it, where you go, how fast you go, and how much you pay depending on if you go to their store or somebody else's?

That's what the FCC is getting ready to do to us.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:28 PM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
It's obvious that FCC chairman Ajit Pai only cares about serving his corporate masters AT&T and Verizon who are both heavily invested in the U.S. fiber backbone. Allowing higher cost fast lanes on the internet by repealing net neutrality will be a huge windfall for both companies at the expense of just about everybody else.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
funny thing is if trump gave a damn about his supporters he would ask congress to pass Net Neutrality into law.

low hanging fruit that will be there for the dems come 2020... Hell all the dems need to do is get Obama to demand Trump reverse this and then it will ensure Pai gets away with it and the dems can add NN to their platform for 2020.

Trump is the worst politician i have ever seen, this was yet another easy win he turned into a loss.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
It's obvious that FCC chairman Ajit Pai only cares about serving his corporate masters AT&T and Verizon who are both heavily invested in the U.S. fiber backbone. Allowing higher cost fast lanes on the internet by repealing net neutrality will be a huge windfall for both companies at the expense of just about everybody else.
PAI will be on at least one of their boards and will get a a big fat pile of backdated Options...

Pal killed the bill open to up the cable box market. he killed low income isp subs, he killed pricing limits on ISP and Cable where they have monopolies. He killed the Zero coupon case against V, He is killing Net Neutrality

and more, those are just off the top of my head i am sure i missed a few..

Old 11-28-2017, 02:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Think of it this way:

Would you want five mega-corporations to own every highway in the US, with the ability to dictate who can use it, where you go, how fast you go, and how much you pay depending on if you go to their store or somebody else's?

That's what the FCC is getting ready to do to us.
Your ignorance is appalling. Try reading a little about this issue.

Here is a good place to start;

FCC Head Ajit Pai: Killing Net Neutrality Will Set the Internet Free - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Old 11-28-2017, 02:45 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
funny thing is if trump gave a damn about his supporters he would ask congress to pass Net Neutrality into law.

low hanging fruit that will be there for the dems come 2020... Hell all the dems need to do is get Obama to demand Trump reverse this and then it will ensure Pai gets away with it and the dems can add NN to their platform for 2020.

Trump is the worst politician i have ever seen, this was yet another easy win he turned into a loss.
By 2020 it will be clear that killing Net Neutrality was a great move for the American people. Killing Net Neutrality will bring us innovation, lower costs for consumers and more investment in these products.

You are just butt hurt over Trump reversing Obama's Big Government programs.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:49 PM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Twitter and others warn FCC of disaster if net neutrality is reversed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6NjRqDxRz0

Quote:
Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and Airbnb were among 200 firms that signed a letter warning FCC Chairman Ajit Pai not to roll back net neutrality, according to Broadcasting & Cable. Dated on Cyber Monday (November 27th), the letter notes that record Black Friday sales are "a testament to the power of the free and open internet to encourage entrepreneurship, drive innovation, make our lives easier, and to support a healthy economy."

The letter was delivered three weeks ahead of the upcoming December 14th vote, in which the FCC is expected to reclassify wired and wireless internet services providers (ISPs) as "information services." That would reverse the recent FCC decision under Tom Wheeler that classified internet providers as utilities, subjecting them to stricter regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies