Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 07:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yeah, the cops went over the line in the Rodney King case. Especially the cop Powell, who was literally just teeing off on King. Looked like he was practicing his golf swing. Then when the crap hit the fan after the verdicts the cops got the hell out of Dodge.
I don't remember the cops names, so I'll defer to you on this, but I do remember feeling utter disgust by what I was viewing. They were far more criminal than he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
And then there's the rest of the drill.

The media ignores whites getting killed by cops, people are distracted by blacks getting killed. The governments hide how they work the entire system so that when cops kill people they absolve themselves of the responsibility.
The DA and prosecutors work with the cops, so they don't let them get convicted, the laws are twisted in court preventing convictions, And they make it look like the jury decided it. If it even goes to the jury.
People still don't realize this is going on, and the scam goes much higher than the cops themselves. The DA decides if a special prosecutor should be used in officer involved shootings, and of course they are rarely used.
Harry, you're right, that's the rest of the drill.

We all need to wake up. The government has this all in place for a reason and we're puppets just going along.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:09 PM

35,137 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
One of the most disgustingly shocking things shown on television - and the first sign that something wasn't quite right with at least ONE police department WAS the Rodney King case. How can some of you sit here and act like it was justified?

It's the job of the cops to apprehend those who are breaking the law. It is not their right to be judge and jury, to dispense any type of punishment upon the person they've apprehended. To engage in such activity is an abuse of power and is criminal activity in itself.

This is such a simple concept that even young children understand it. Why can't you? I suspect if one of your children was stopped for speeding, started to run once cornered, and looked like beaten Rodney King did the next time you saw him - that you'd have a huge problem with it. Don't pretend you wouldn't.

No matter what your feelings are about any person or any group of people, cops do not have the right to do anything beyond apprehending a person using the minimum amount of force necessary to do so.

Anyone saying a person 'deserves what they got' should do some serious soul searching.
One of the first things I taught my two children when they were young was always to respect and obey police. You can obey first and argue later. If you don't obey first you may well not survive the experience.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
One of the first things I taught my two children when they were young was always to respect and obey police. You can obey first and argue later. If you don't obey first you may well not survive the experience.
Good lesson given a world where some of our cops are just thugs with badges.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 PM

35,137 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Quote:
Whether they are thugs with badges or have a heart of gold they possess a monopoly on the lawful use of violence. Battling a cop is impermissible and often deadly.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:41 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,953,789 times
Quote:
Even a better reason to obey the cops.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Whether they are thugs with badges or have a heart of gold they possess a monopoly on the lawful use of violence. Battling a cop is impermissible and often deadly.

Bull. It is not their right to be judge and jury, to dispense any type of punishment upon the person they've apprehended. To engage in such activity is an abuse of power and is criminal activity in itself.

Cops do not have the right to do anything beyond apprehending a person using the minimum amount of force necessary to do so.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:59 PM

224 posts, read 134,477 times
This thread is a classic example of this country's divide and inherent racism. 63 pages and counting on a topic where very little detail has been released. This is the equivalent of Fox or CNN reporting about the same garbage day in and day out. Time to move on.....

Old 07-26-2017, 09:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Even a better reason to obey the cops.
"Obey the cops?"

That's right. Obey your masters.

How about the cops obey the public's demand not to shoot innocent people?

Old 07-27-2017, 07:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
I went to help my son move one day. I get to the house and no one is there. My phone rings. He says they were pulled over up the street. I head up and ask them what was going on. They said they were pulled over for riding in the back of the truck. (Perfectly legal for adults in WV).

I pulled the law up. The police were sitting in their car with the D.L of all 5 people. We wait and wait.

They get out and I ask "why were they stopped"? I was told "because two were riding in the back". I flashed them the law and said that was perfectly legal. Give them their D.L. back. They then said "we just wanted to warn them to be safe". I said "you can do that without asking for the D.L."

I told my son, "know the law and don't let them bully you when you are doing nothing wrong".

They got in their car and left.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:33 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,568,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
"Obey the cops?"

That's right. Obey your masters.

How about the cops obey the public's demand not to shoot innocent people?
It is a badge of honor for some to defy, fight back, run, cause a scene, do anything and everything to not conform to a request. You can fight a ticket in court or after the situation ends with a lawyer or self representation. Some people will never get that a cop, whether you like it or not, has the control in most situations. Of course, explaining that to some is impossible. You can lead a horse to water......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies