Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 11:39 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
How exactly did Obama double the national debt? Please be specific on policies that did that without accounting for the Great Recession?
What part of (round numbers) 9.5 Trillion dollar debt in the spring of 2009...... to 19 Trillion dollar debt in the spring of 2017.....do you not understand?

Oh, & Bailouts weren't necessary. (at least 90% of them weren't). Obama & his predeccessor (the two worst presidents in our history), took the advice of Investment Bankers & Big Banks (who were the ones bailed out) at the expense of the American taxpayer.

The Great Recession would have worked it's way out in another year anyway. AND UNLIKE THE GREAT DEPRESSION, Obama didn't put people to work nor do we have any Capital Projects to show for the Trillions that he p*ssed off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 11:50 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
in my humble opinion, when you rise on wedge issues, you will eventually reach the point where the wedges work against each other.

I think historians will start looking at the GWB years and the Karl Rove approach as a campaign that reached a crest of wedge issues, then crashed hard.

Barak Obama also used that approach and in his first term, benefited from the backlash to the previous conservatives wedges falling apart.

But, the cycles speed up and what we just saw was the American Left come apart because their wedges began to work against each other.

I honestly don't know where we are now. its far easier to look into the past and see what happened.

Trump does have his wedges and the dems have theirs. what will be interesting is to see if either party can get past that and get back to stuff that has depth.

Both Reagan and Clinton ran straight up economy campaigns and both focused there for the most part of their presidencies.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:51 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
I am a blue collar/union worker. Of my 75 or so co-workers, the vast majority are low info. Two or three are liberal-left, and 10 or so are conservative-right. The union of course is now all-Dem-all-the-time, although 30 or so years ago that was not the case.

A lot of my co-workers are gun owners, and Democrats tend to lose them on that issue.

Old 07-24-2017, 11:53 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
What part of (round numbers) 9.5 Trillion dollar debt in the spring of 2009...... to 19 Trillion dollar debt in the spring of 2017.....do you not understand?

Oh, & Bailouts weren't necessary. (at least 90% of them weren't). Obama & his predeccessor (the two worst presidents in our history), took the advice of Investment Bankers & Big Banks (who were the ones bailed out) at the expense of the American taxpayer.

The Great Recession would have worked it's way out in another year anyway. AND UNLIKE THE GREAT DEPRESSION, Obama didn't put people to work nor do we have any Capital Projects to show for the Trillions that he p*ssed off.

Bingo. Ford, being solvent, would have bought the few parts of GM that were functional. Toyota and/or Honda would have bought some, too. As for banks, same principle. There were healthy banks, who would have bought healthy pieces of dying banks, at big discounts.

But the 7 figure employees at the carcasses convinced dupes nationally a bailout was in USA's interest.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:51 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Blue collar whites were never liberal, they were labor. Republicans killed organized labor and there's no shop foreman to tell the bigots to vote Dem.

My union tell us to vote for Democrats all the time but they can't tell us why we would ever want to.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:05 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I love my country and I love my profession, and I understand how democrats and illegals have damaged both.
You should really blame the capitalists who hire them.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:22 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
My union tell us to vote for Democrats all the time but they can't tell us why we would ever want to.
One big reason, Republicans are anti-union

Old 07-25-2017, 06:50 AM

937 posts, read 699,966 times
^ You also should add; ^

anti blue collar
anti poor
anti environment
anti rail transit
anti Amtrak
anti regulation of any kind
anti choice
anti gun control (in spite of what happened a month ago)

Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So basically without Obama, the Dems are screwed

LOL, that's like saying "without American Motors US Auto Manufacturing is screwed"

Old 07-25-2017, 08:08 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
You should really blame the capitalists who hire them.

Sure, but the illegals themselves are equally guilty of breaking the law. They know what they are doing coming here illegally and taking a job they aren't lawfully entitled to. They also know that stealing a SS is against the law. No one drags them over the border to work here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies