Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself proud to have Donald Trump as President?
Yes 88 30.34%
No 202 69.66%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:06 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Foreign leaders need to grasp the concept that our election process is different than theirs and Trump is our president for the next 3 1/2 (possibly 7 1/2) years. The US does not exist to make every other country like us. It will be easier for you once you get past this misconception.
Foreign leaders are thinking past Trump. What good will come of sabotaging their relationship with a major world power because of one President? Sorry, he doesn't deserve that much credit. Don't think they aren't throwing up a bit in their smiling mouths when they have to deal with him though. At the end of the day, 3.5 or even 8 years is a drop in the bucket. Foreign leaders have faith in the laws of this country, not in Donald Trump. Once he starts trying to consolidate his power with corrupt overreach, which I wouldn't put it past him to do, you will see a very different response from the developed world.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:18 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump only won by 70,000 votes in three districts. Trump lost the popular vote by millions in spite of all his desperate claims. No, I am not proud to have him as president and think he makes the country a laughing stock. All the whataboutism in the world is not going to change the embarrassment I have regarding Trump. Obama left office with a higher approval rating than Trump has ever had. Trump has the lowest approval ratings of any president in history.
The point remains that the total popular vote for the four "conservative" candidates (Trump, Johnson, McMullin and Castle) still exceeded that for the two "progressive" candidates (Clinton and Stein) -- by about 300,000, IIRC. What might have happened if the Constitution had provisions for a runoff is anyone's guess.

But the constant clamor for invalidation of the results, for an election based upon the largest plurality, rather than an outright proven majority, and all the other cheap tactics of the Klinton Kiddie Krusade simply serves to illustrate that many of those who turned out on November 8 recognized a blatant power grab, and appeals to short-sight and shallow thinking for what they were.

Mr. Trump was legally elected, in accordance with a set of rules which have served the nation well for nearly 230 years. Those who dissent from them have every right to challenge and change but in accordance with the rule of law -- rather than the clamor of a disappointed mob of melting Snowflakes.

Trump is a demagogue, a buffoon, and an occasional embarrassment; but better him than the gang of totally-unprincipled schemers who gave us Barry, Meaux. and Curly Bill.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-22-2017 at 09:40 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 09:31 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah I am. oreign leaders warmly welcome the office of the President.They know Trump doesn't speak for the majority of America], and America will continue to be America long after Trump is six feet under. Trump is ephemeral, this country is not. If they need to placate his enormous ego for now, fine.

evidence of this or are you just trying to talk crap? do you have affidavits from all of these other Foreign leaders stating such? Ill wait..

Old 07-22-2017, 09:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Foreign leaders are thinking past Trump. What good will come of sabotaging their relationship with a major world power because of one President? Sorry, he doesn't deserve that much credit. Don't think they aren't throwing up a bit in their smiling mouths when they have to deal with him though. At the end of the day, 3.5 or even 8 years is a drop in the bucket. Foreign leaders have faith in the laws of this country, not in Donald Trump. Once he starts trying to consolidate his power with corrupt overreach, which I wouldn't put it past him to do, you will see a very different response from the developed world.
Well, we can be sure "foreign leaders" are eagerly awaiting another fool like Obama that will pander and bow to them. They know they are not getting billions in taxpayer money to be their friend. Threatening Trump unless he gives them free money and technology aint going to work.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:48 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
I respect you for staying true to your moral convictions.
The best that I could do was my best. At one time I might have done "the lesser of two evils". However, I'm seeing that we're coming up with more and more unhinged people seeking office. It is almost like being brutish and/or corrupt is a requirement to run for the highest office. And that is scary.

I'm also learning the way the system is set up. The more I learn, the more grim I see the future.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I have seen no stance in solidarity with the LBGT community since inauguration. he has publicly supported Christians, anti-abortion, and Jewish communities but not minorities. Please prove me wrong with my first sentence.
And even many Christians and Jews aren't in support of him.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:04 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And even many Christians and Jews aren't in support of him.
Still haven't proven my first sentence wrong. It's a open question to anybody.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:08 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I love my president and am extremely proud of him. President Trump doesn't speak like most presidents have, but his love for America is clear and unbreakable.
We finally have a president committed to constitutional conservatism and to securing our borders and enforcing our immigration laws. I have never regretted my decision to vote for Donald John Trump.
I'm so glad you love him because I find him a disgrace. His love is not for our country, his love is only for himself and the accolades he gets. That's why he leaves DC so often. No one can stand him in DC

Old 07-22-2017, 10:08 PM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He's causing a major Constitutional crisis and a breach of our Democratic institutions. It's more thanign relations. He's also the most corrupt man to ever sit in that office. A traitor talking about pardoning himself and his family for their treason.
Treason? If he had been freeing Terrorists, that he was told would be sure to go back and kill Americans, that would be treasonous.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Still haven't proven my first sentence wrong. It's a open question to anybody.
I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I was adding more to your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies