Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself proud to have Donald Trump as President?
Yes 88 30.34%
No 202 69.66%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:43 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
They never welcomed Obama like that, even after he bowed to them, which was disgraceful.
Perhaps he should have curtsied to them as trump did.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:45 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Religious belief, like sexuality, is a private matter; the problems begin when those beliefs are ridiculed and stereotyped, as with the Ku Klux Klan in 1920's -- and by the most strident of the Social Justice Warriors of the present day.
All DEMOCRATS, too.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:47 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Ashamed.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
No, he's a dumpster fire. Threat to the principles that America was founded on.
How so? Examples, or just throw around enough slime until it sticks? Kinda childish.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:50 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,123,635 times
Quote:
How so? Examples, or just throw around enough slime until it sticks? Kinda childish.
Maybe this?

Trump explains why the First Amendment has ‘too much protection’ for free speech
Quote:
“Our press is allowed to say whatever they want.”
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-firs...n-37e72ee16ea2

Old 07-23-2017, 08:50 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,415 times
Something else I saw on Facebook today.

Quote:
Trump supporters 6 months ago:
“There were no meetings with any Russians.”

Trump supporters 3 months ago:
“They just forgot to report the meetings with Russians.”

Trump supporters last week:
"There's no evidence of collusion with Russia!!"

Trump supporters 3 days ago:
"Who cares if the Trump campaign colluded with Russia?"

Trump supporters yesterday:
“It’s Obama’s fault for not stopping the meetings with Russians.”

Trump’s lawyer Jay Sekulow yesterday:
“It’s the Secret Service’s fault for not stopping the meeting with Russians.”

Trump supporters tomorrow:
“Трамп собирается сделать Россию великой снова!”

Old 07-23-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Great. I personally thank those who protested for Gay right's, because without them, you would not have been welcomed anywhere saying you are Gay. That's like African American's saying the civil right's movement wasn't necessary and there is no discrimination against African Americans today. I am glad that there are those who support trump like these whopping 18 supporters for the "gays for trump" rally in DC.

Gay-organized Trump rally draws just 18 attendees
I never said it wasn't necessary. I believe the battle has been won. It's time to consider the fundamentals now. Trump is the only one talking about securing and controlling borders and choosing who we allow in. Stopping the flow of drugs and gangs and possibly terrorists across the borders. Border security is one of his most fundamental duties, is it not?

Confronting rogue states like North Korea and putting an end, finally, to their evil regime and nuclear weapons, unlike the past few presidents who ignored it because they had no guts.

Lowering taxes to encourage the repatriation of BILLIONS of dollars stored over seas because it's just too expensive to bring it back right now. That would infuse so much investment into the economy, without having to borrow from China, or just printing paper money.

There's many reasons I am proud of him. Hillary would've been the continuation of the same scandals, corruption, and left turns in our government, and no one would've respected her unless they were afraid of her yelling at them. She would have to buy "respect" by giving things away, as most democrats do. Like she sold favors after getting donations to her slush fund. Giving away uranium. God knows what else.

I believe it was the Clintons who came up with the false idea of russian collusion. If anyone did, it was the Clintons. John Podesta had definite, solid close business ties, lots of money in entanglements, with Russia. So they cover it up by accusing the opponent of what they themselves tried to do, knowing the news media would eat it it all up. Goebbels said repeat a lie loudly and often enough, and it eventually becomes the truth. People really get hung up on this, because how could Trump possibly even come close to beating Hillary Clinton?!? Well, he did. Get over it.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Maybe this?

Trump explains why the First Amendment has ‘too much protection’ for free speech

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-firs...n-37e72ee16ea2
And they do, even if they know it's a lie. There's no way to stop it. All that can be done is efforts to explain the other side of the story. You're reading too far into a tweet.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I never said it wasn't necessary. I believe the battle has been won. It's time to consider the fundamentals now.
I'm glad you feel that way. There are still gays who get killed, bullied, and commit suicide everyday. I still get harassed every day and told i'm a sinner and go to hell. So it's not a "won battle". Did you know Texas stripped Gay's marriage privileges? Doesn't sound like a "won battle".

Old 07-23-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
And they do, even if they know it's a lie. There's no way to stop it. All that can be done is efforts to explain the other side of the story. You're reading too far into a tweet.
Hey, i'm not the one tweeting it. I'm not sticking my head in the sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies