Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 04:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
The last time I was there, it's been a few years now, there was a transvestite employee working. A dude, dressed as a woman, in a Target uniform. Thanks anyway Target, but I will pass on shopping at your stores from now on. Bye!
Tolerance does require a certain level of emotional maturity. Not everyone has it.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Boy, you'd think Target would get the message.

First, they embraced letting hairy men imitating women in their restrooms. That caused a boycott from those on the right.

A little while after that...business started to tank. Now, lack of sales maybe were not because of the transgender issue but it didn't help.

Now...they come out with this...

Yeah...that will go over big with Trump supporters possibly still shopping at target.

Say bye-bye target....you can kiss my business away!!!
But I bet you support companies like Apple, Microsoft, and Google (along with hundreds of other companies) who have long, deep histories of supporting gay rights.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:11 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
The day target came out with this gem was the last time I ever bought anything from them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDJIZ...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
breitbart? lol. If you want to be taken seriously you should post real links to real new sites....not crazy right wing propaganda sites! And you think Target is getting "too political" when you post links like that?

I shop mostly online anymore...but love Target!

I love Target too. I think I'll shop there today!

Old 07-24-2017, 12:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
The last time I was there, it's been a few years now, there was a transvestite employee working. A dude, dressed as a woman, in a Target uniform. Thanks anyway Target, but I will pass on shopping at your stores from now on. Bye!
Surely, it must have been Halloween or Crazy Daze!

Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Quote:
I was once contracting at an electric company where a transgender person worked. Would you also stop buying electricity from that utility because someone you don't approve of works there? Why?

Old 07-24-2017, 02:36 PM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
The day target came out with this gem was the last time I ever bought anything from them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDJIZ...ature=youtu.be
Most of the stores and restaurants we use have a no firearms sign on the door. Bet they would lose more customers if people carrying loaded guns were shopping.

Some fool is always shooting themselves or others with an unloaded gun in a store or restaurant.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:46 PM

810 posts, read 667,992 times
It's funny when celebrities or companies try to do something so politically correct that they're crucified for it. Too funny. I could really care less where Mrs. Doubtfire takes a dump honestly...

Old 07-24-2017, 02:53 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Target is supposed to be a retailer. All retailers should be focused on one thing and one thing only - offering the best selection of consumer products for the best prices possible. Target keeps interjecting politics and social justice into their way of doing business. Any corporation that sinks into playing politics or practicing social justice deserves to be boycotted until they are out of business. I am sick of corporations being political (although I lean conservative, I was and remain dead set against that Citizens United Supreme Court decision).

I was never a big consumer of Target but I have refused to go into any Target location for over three years now: first it was their anti-veteran stance, then the bathroom nonsense and now this. None of that has anything to do with retailing, what the hell is wrong with their executive management?
Who manufactured the computer or phone you are typing on? How likely is it that that company has lobbyists in Washington, gunning for more free trade deals so they can get the computers made cheaper? What about the shoes you're wearing? The food you buy?

I agree. Corporations shouldn't be playing politics. But the fact that you think Target is unique in some way leads be to believe that it's not the involvement in politics that's the issue, it's which party those politics tends to side with. Maybe I'm wrong. But I'm skeptical of your intentions.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:53 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
The senior management of Target needs to be fired by their Board of Directors. They are not acting in the stock holders best interest, and they are violating their fiduciary responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies