Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 01:11 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Pretty much. It seems he did believe he was the Father, and there's no way he didn't notice the CS garnishment. The word I'm searching for I believe is "aquiescense". He did. Yes, I bieve it's wrong that a man be liable to support a child who is not his, which often enough just goes to the Mother for things unrelated to the child. New cars, vacations, nice clothes etc. That does frost a guy.

But as others have said it's ti.e for these Father's rights/men's rights groups to stand up. Here's a case that can set a precedent for reform. Which does need to happen. If they truly want to implement change this is the type of case to do it with. Strike whilst the iron is hot. If these groups don't take positive action in cases like this then they're just bit***** and nobody will take them seriously.
Well, I don't think that women are all spending child support on their fingernails or new shoes, but I get your overall point. Men's rights groups do need to set about working on logical reforms if they want to change the way things are done now in family courts. Nobody's going to do it for them.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:12 PM

8,446 posts, read 4,765,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I do not disagree. I mentioned men specifically because there's a man in this story that doesn't want to pay child support.
"I do not disagree. I mentioned men specifically because there's a man in this story that doesn't want to pay child support for a child that isn't his."

Yes I've seen the arguments for both sides but without the bolded you are not giving an accurate summary of the situation. Start with your sentence but with the bolded included and then give your reason why he should or shouldn't have to pay it after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Yeah, things like this makes me glad I am with a woman I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. Scary as hell. I wonder what it would take to see mothers having to pay CS?
Mothers making more than the fathers make and fathers having primary custody. It happens right now, as a matter of fact.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:14 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You get food stamps.
Non custodial parents dont get government assistance to provide support for their children when their economic situation takes a downturn.
Well I don't specifically. But even so, I have to pay my mortgage payment every month despite my economic situation. There is not government assistance for those.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:15 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,142,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Man ordered to pay $65K in child support for kid who isn’t his | New York Post

Really awful situation. There's no way this should be allowed. Stories like this just make the MGTOW guys feel they are in the right.
MGTOW guys ARE in the right..........

Old 07-24-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
But this is a thread about child support for a child a man did not create. When you say "keep it zipped if you're not ready to pay for a child" in that context it looks like your saying a man should keep it zipped if he doesn't want to pay for another man's child.
This particular gentleman should not have agreed to pay child support for x amount of year, then decide to question paternity. He had already established responsibility in the courts eyes.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You get food stamps.
Non custodial parents dont get government assistance to provide support for their children when their economic situation takes a downturn.
I don't think that was fair to say to her at all.

What if she got no sort of support at all?

Would she just let the kids starve if their dad wasn't paying his child support?

Hell, even if a person's finances take a downturn, they should be trying to pay SOMETHING, even if it means they are forced to get a roommate or sell something to make sure their kids are fed and have running water.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:17 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,578,589 times
Go after the GF for fraud. Ensure that he is repaid with interest from her income.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
And every single divorced father I know religiously pays their child support fees but have to struggle to get the "visitation" they are supposedly allowed to have.

We've all got our anecdotes, and they often contradict each other.

Maybe in a split 50/50 custody situation these fathers you know of might feel more invested in their children's' futures?

"You'll never see your children again...now send me my money!" might not be the best incentive.
Ahh yes my ex use to tell all our mutual friends that he was "up to date" on his child support payments as well. I use to post his arrears account monthly on social media. Our friends were shocked when it reached the level of money that one could purchase a brand new car. The proof was right there.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
And every single divorced father I know religiously pays their child support fees but have to struggle to get the "visitation" they are supposedly allowed to have.

We've all got our anecdotes, and they often contradict each other.

Maybe in a split 50/50 custody situation these fathers you know of might feel more invested in their children's' futures?

"You'll never see your children again...now send me my money!" might not be the best incentive.
Personally, I would rather my ex go away and not pay a cent. His measly amount of money is not worth the headache and aggravation he brings to our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies