Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 06:12 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And you're gonna KEEP hearing his name brought up because he was killed despite having no criminal record, committing no crime, not being arrested, and having a legal firearm. He did everything right in life and was still murdered.

We aren't EVER gonna quit invoking his name into these matters until someone pays for killing him.
Really? So is it legal to carry a firearm in Minnesota while high on marijuana? I bet its not! He did everything right? He listened to a police officer? He didn't do everything right. However disregard it because with all due respect does not fit your agenda! You can invoke his name all you like. Means nothing! Actually it does. Just a reminder to people not to get high and carry a gun. Or a reminder to listen to a cop when he tells you what to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 06:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I keep on hearing about the Phillando Castille shooting being brought up in this thread. Over and over again the cop is being blamed. Making Yanez's actions as guilty. Guess what he went through a trial. A jury heard all the evidence and said NOT GUILTY!!!! Trying to equate the two cases is lame at best. They are not similar at all. Lastly about this post I see nothing wrong with him going through the program that he went through. In the NYPD they are part of the explorer program and there has been no evidence of cops going through this program that made these officers inferior to other officers.
Yanez executed a guy in his car. A guy that informed the officer that he was legally carrying. Don't throw your pearls before swine. Yanez is a disgrace.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yanez executed a guy in his car. A guy that informed the officer that he was legally carrying. Don't throw your pearls before swine. Yanez is a disgrace.
A jury heard all the evidence. A jury that had minorities on it. After hearing all relevant information. After watching video. The jury decided he was not guilty. No matter how you spin it a jury said NOT GUILTY!!

Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
A jury heard all the evidence. A jury that had minorities on it. After hearing all relevant information. After watching video. The jury decided he was not guilty. No matter how you spin it a jury said NOT GUILTY!!
You mean the information that the prosecutor that knew and worked with Yanez deemed "relevant"? There's no conflict of interest there? The prosecutor made that case what he needed as soon as he instructed the jury to use the Graham vs Connor ruling. He covered his ass and everyone blames it on the jury. There's no way they can vote guilty if he withheld evidence and gave them those instructions, claiming he can't prove intent based on fear. The DA and the prosecutor twisted the laws just like they usually do to lose the case, it's a political move to keep the cops working with the prosecutor.

You already know how this works, the jury barely has any say in this.
Why do you keep covering for this phony process? Because the cops win that way regardless how much of a crime they commit?

Old 07-25-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
He had marijuana in his system. No one said that he was high at the time.

Listen to a cop? So you believe in comply or die policing?

Tell you what, let your colleagues keep killing people. You think that cops are immune to blowback, but you cops can get it too...and you WILL get it!
So what are you saying? What are you advocating? Sorry Mr Castille is not as innocent as you would like to pretend him to be. The fact is he was on drugs. The fact is he did not listen to repeated commands. A jury found Yanez not guilty. I know you don't like it. However that's what happened. Get as mad as you like. Still changes nothing!

Old 07-25-2017, 08:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
So what are you saying? What are you advocating? Sorry Mr Castille is not as innocent as you would like to pretend him to be. The fact is he was on drugs. The fact is he did not listen to repeated commands. A jury found Yanez not guilty. I know you don't like it. However that's what happened. Get as mad as you like. Still changes nothing!
I'm advocating black people defending themselves from crooked police who are not some small minority. And if the cops wanna go on the offense, then they should expect to get shot, and I advocate that.

Get it now? Is that too cryptic for you?

Old 07-25-2017, 08:52 PM

221 posts, read 335,578 times
You ask me, Mohamed was just tired of years of racial and religious bigotry...and found a funny talking example of white privilege to take it out on in a dark alley. I mean seriously...approaching a police car without your hands up and not on command of the car's loudspeaker? Sheesh

Old 07-25-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I'm advocating black people defending themselves from crooked police who are not some small minority. And if the cops wanna go on the offense, then they should expect to get shot, and I advocate that.

Get it now? Is that too cryptic for you?
Wow! Feel sad for you. However it is good that you have shown your true colors.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
I'll say this much. In 5 years of posting on this forum, I've never seen a separate thread on the cop in one of these cop/civilian shootings, until now.

Hmmm. What a surprise.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post

Being politically correct, gets people killed.
This is nothing new. Ask Karl Marx and Joseph Stalin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies