Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 AM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Wow. It looks like a 5 year old's artwork. I guess I'm not surprised since Trumpty Dumpty is basically a nasty toddler in an old man's body.
It doesn't look any more like the art of a five-year-old than does much of modern art. If a "modern artist" would have drawn this, it would have been celebrated as a "profound statement of genius" and all the intoxicated patrons would swoon over its "simple lines," and "subdued sophistication via profound understatement."

Having said that, yeah it sucks. But no worse than a lot of the so-called art by so-called artists I see these days. Then again, I'd doubt Trump ever claimed to be an artist. It's kind of hard to have time to draw pictures when you are trying to stop the nation from plunging over the precipice it has been speeding toward for the past eight years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 09:01 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Everyones a critic.
I thought the libs loved freedom of expression?
This is a concept the right just can't grasp. Yes, anyone is free to have and state and opinion, they are free to paint or sculpt or write or say whatever. THEN, and here's the big disconnect, I am free to say,
'That is horrible'
'What a stupid idea'
'What are you, a friggin' moron?'

See how that works?

Old 07-25-2017, 09:09 AM

25,765 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, Hitler was actually a very talented artist.
His architectural artwork was actually quite good.

Too bad about the psychopathic genocidal tendencies. He should have stuck with the artwork. True, Hitler the talented architectural illustrator would not have made much of a worldwide historical impact, but I think in this case that would have been a good thing.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:10 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It doesn't look any more like the art of a five-year-old than does much of modern art. If a "modern artist" would have drawn this, it would have been celebrated as a "profound statement of genius" and all the intoxicated patrons would swoon over its "simple lines," and "subdued sophistication via profound understatement."

Having said that, yeah it sucks. But no worse than a lot of the so-called art by so-called artists I see these days. Then again, I'd doubt Trump ever claimed to be an artist. It's kind of hard to have time to draw pictures when you are trying to stop the nation from plunging over the precipice it has been speeding toward for the past eight years.

He was trying to do that in 2005 when the 'picture' was drawn?

Are we sure that it's the NYC skyline- nothing looks recognizable, including Trump Tower.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:10 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
President Trump’s Drawing of NYC Skyline up for Auction.
The starting price is $ 9,000 Its a steal at that price but will likely be purchased by a High End Art Connoisseur .

Original, "very rare" artwork by President Trump is up for auction.

It’s a signed sketch of the New York City skyline, including Trump Tower. Trump drew the skyline sketch for charity back in 2005.

The drawing is extremely rare and only a few of the president’s drawings are known to exist. Likely hidden away by serious private collectors interested in protecting their value and investment.

What would you pay ? Remember this is an auction for charity.

President Trump
Looks like a child's sketch. Fitting for Donald Trump.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:18 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,192,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Looks like a row of middle fingers given
to NYC.
That's what I thought too. The ol' middle finger, plus.. man part. Hilarious. He probably didn't do it himself, maybe a staff aide, who injected a hidden meaning.

(short for f$#& u d%$&#)

Last edited by Izzie1213; 07-25-2017 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Added

Old 07-25-2017, 09:28 AM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Trump should plaster his art work all over DC just to trigger the left to new heights of insanity.
A new way to trigger. great idea

Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The signature makes it collectable. It does not make it art.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking What woud you pay ?

A dollah three ninety-eight.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh ... that's gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies