Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Being forced to purchase a product from a private corporation or entity. If not specifically addressed in the founding documents, it was certainly not in harmony with any of them.
So, health care for everyone sets you off.

Let's see, the constitution tasks the feds to "Provide for the common welfare..."

And the GOP dominated SC rules the ACA constitutional.

Quote:
Should the government also be able to force me to buy a home? A car? A new big screen TV? That would be no different, so I guess they should be able to force me to buy those things, right? They should be able to force me to buy anything they deem appropriate. Nothing like 21st century slavery... worse than the old kind.
Yeah, that's a biggie.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 11:20 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
I'm missing the bully part. He seems just like a NYC stereotype, which under the surface gruff is pretty much just like anyone. But I guess if one is offended easily and like to complain about things...sure, maybe bully is something you can call that
If you are missing the "bully" part that is on YOU, the rest of the world can see it with ease. Trump attacks, bullies and betrays at will. "punching down" describes it very well. Trump attacks people with less power and little ability to fight back. We sure as hell know the Drudge Report could say Trump is transgender and Trump would keep his mouth shut because Trump needs Drudge a lot more than Drudge needs Trump.

Trump is bullying now because he know no other way to control.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:25 AM

10,783 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
If you are missing the "bully" part that is on YOU, the rest of the world can see it with ease. Trump attacks, bullies and betrays at will. "punching down" describes it very well. Trump attacks people with less power and little ability to fight back. We sure as hell know the Drudge Report could say Trump is transgender and Trump would keep his mouth shut because Trump needs Drudge a lot more than Drudge needs Trump.

Trump is bullying now because he know no other way to control.
But if you don't like someone, you are supposed to bully them.
So is Trump really in the wrong?
He's only bullying people he doesn't like.
He's extremely pleasant and warm to people he likes.
He's known for being especially good one-on-one, certainly appears to be a lot more friendly than the ice cold Obama.
I remember even the Australian PM said his meeting with Trump was far more relaxed than his meeting with Obama.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:30 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,694,341 times
Don't blame Trump. He is a sick person suffering from dementia and senility. The elitists are using him as the front man and when it all goes bad they will blame him.
America needs to get Trump out of office before he does anymore damage.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:03 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
Of course not!

Old 07-27-2017, 02:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
To Katarina Witt. The point of my "now deleted" post(by overreacting mods), was not to troll or to make a personal attack. It was to drive my point.

Old Gringo pretends as if we are friends, when in reality, most people in this country, literally wish he would leave the country and never come back.

But this isn't limited only to Old Gringo, it applies to basically everyone. Most of the people in my state, literally wish California would fall into the ocean.

Thus the notion that we are "all friends", or anything of the sort, is a delusion.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 07-27-2017 at 02:49 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 02:50 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
... Most of the people in my state, literally wishes California would fall into the ocean.

Thus the notion that we are "all friends", or anything of the sort, is a delusion.
If your state is Oklahoma, then I believe what you say it absolutely true.

I lived in Oklahoma a few decades ago. Some of the dumbest people I have ever met in my life. Most of them couldn't put two and two together and resented anyone who could.

Oklahoma was settled by people who fought each other over land that would barely grow turnips. They cut up the sod to build dreary, dank sod houses. A dismal existence at best. I don't believe the gene pool has improved much since.

When I read that a number of school districts in Oklahoma have dropped Friday classes as they are running out of money, my heart sank.

If there was ever a group of students that desperately needed the advantages education could offer, it would be those in Oklahoma.

In any case, I have no doubt that most who live in Oklahoma believe they could do just fine without California and all those liberals.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I lived in Oklahoma a few decades ago. Some of the dumbest people I have ever met in my life. Most of them couldn't put two and two together and resented anyone who could.
Nice anecdote. I've lived all over this country. Where do these geniuses live exactly? California? Don't make me laugh.

Quote:
Oklahoma was settled by people who fought each other over land that would barely grow turnips. They cut up the sod to build dreary, dank sod houses. A dismal existence at best. I don't believe the gene pool has improved much since.
Do you even know the history of Oklahoma? You do realize there were people here before the land-run? And that the land-runs only happened on about 1/4th of the state.

Land Runs | OHSkids!

Prior to the that period, most of what became Oklahoma was "Indian territory".

Secondly, Oklahoma is the 22nd most-profitable agriculture economy in the country($7billion). Earning more than New York($5.3billion), and nearly as much as Florida($8.2billion).

States That Produce The Most Food (By Value) - Beef2Live

If Oklahoma was the geographic size of Texas, our agricultural sector would be more-profitable($27billion vs $22.7billion).

Quote:
When I read that a number of school districts in Oklahoma have dropped Friday classes as they are running out of money, my heart sank.
This is the best thing that could happen. Many other states/districts have moved to four-day schoolweeks, and it has not led to a reduction in academic performance.

Four-day school week linked to better academic performance, study finds - ScienceAlert

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/09...ool-weeks.html

School functions primarily as a free babysitter so that parents can work, and for social-engineering(making citizens), not "real" education. Most of your time in school, as it pertains to actual education, is wasted.

Quote:
In any case, I have no doubt that most who live in Oklahoma believe they could do just fine without California and all those liberals.

At least you accept my premise. Which seems to be lost on other people, who prefer to believe that all Americans more-or-less love each other, and just have minor differences of opinion.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I have never in my life met anyone, regardless of where I have lived, who resented anyone who could do basic math.

Nor have I ever met anyone who resented someone for having a degree. Though I don't think people from Oklahoma place as much value on a college-degree as they do in many other states. And there is a general belief that universities are centers of left-wing political indoctrination, especially in regards to Liberal-arts colleges/degrees.

Basically, in my experience, all people, everywhere in the world, value education. The only difference is in what constitutes an education.

Just as well, everywhere in the world, knowing things that most people don't value, is seen as a waste. And the person who possesses this knowledge is often seen as a "know-it-all".

And that term, regardless of where you are, is used pejoratively.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:51 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Nice anecdote. I've lived all over this country. Where do these geniuses live exactly? California? Don't make me laugh.
I don't know where the geniuses live, but I can guarantee you they don't live in Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies