Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 08:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,065,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'll answer question.

High tech manufacturing being brought to America due to Trump's policies.

Try to give Trump credit for anything positive and the Trump Deranged go to DEFCON1 in attempt discredit it by any means possible. False controversy is created. Hence it is in controversy section..

You attempted it here. Amazon part time warehouse jockey jobs /= high tech manufacturing.
????What policy? There are promises of policies but no policies yet, That's the key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,759,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That doesn't fit their strategy for the last few years. The purposely set an agenda years ago for global expansion - -the USA was/is one of the biggest targets WHOEVER is in office.

Trump's promises to corporations are still promises. Nothing concrete yet. I doubt very highly that corporations would make million dollar investments with the 'hope' of more favorable corporate taxes/laws. Given the inability of the govt. to pass legislation right now, that would be a gamble -- if that was the only reason to expand in the USA right now.

Businesses aren't like emotional voters...they don't jump on board in the hopes that a new administration will address their emotional needs.
I agree, but I think it does play somewhat of a role in their decision.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:11 AM

Having said all that - -while I don't think there is any Trump policy that is responsible for bringing new businesses to the USA or creating mass expansion I don't think there is a Trump policy that is hurting it either.

The economy has been on a slow, steady growth for some time. Major corporations have been expanding, announcing expansions into the USA for a few years and continue to do so. It shows how great the USA is and speaks to its resilience after the worst recession in years. I was concerned that Trump's foreign trade rants during his campaign would adversely affect further growth and expansions but I will give him credit for backing down from those rants. He's adjusted his way of thinking as he learns more about the process. Thankfully!!!

Old 07-27-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I agree, but I think it does play somewhat of a role in their decision.
As I said -- I don't think it hurts -- but millions of dollar aren't spent by some CEO going -- oh look Trump says he is going to do A (after Trump has flipped flopped on major campaign issues)....nah...not buying it.

But look -- the economy is doing well. I don't think (except for his early trade policies which have been nixed) that any of Trump's policies could hurt businesses in the USA. It's all good.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:14 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,588,165 times
Quote:
I'll answer question.

High tech manufacturing being brought to America due to Trump's policies.

Try to give Trump credit for anything positive and the Trump Deranged go to DEFCON1 in attempt discredit it by any means possible. False controversy is created. Hence it is in controversy section..

You attempted it here. Amazon part time warehouse jockey jobs /= high tech manufacturing.

You have obviously never been on an electronics assembly line. A warehouse job is far better than working on a SMT assembly line.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:42 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's dimwitted minions may believe that Trump was responsible for this, but the rest of the world knows this is just another lie.
Foxconn said it was due to Trump.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:43 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,103,222 times
Hopefully they follow thru on the promise, if they do it would be good for the country

Old 07-27-2017, 08:45 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
You have obviously never been on an electronics assembly line. A warehouse job is far better than working on a SMT assembly line.
I have a masters in electrical engineering and have seen and been involved in numerous Electronic lines. SMT & PTH card manufacturing in the USA is automated. They need highly skilled people to maintain those advanced lines, develop testing processes, process & logistics engineering, burn-in, qualify components, etc etc etc.

Making it about me, simply means you lack argument.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:46 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,000,292 times
Wisconsin is no longer a swing state after this....its gonna be red for the next few elections...especially after this investment in the rust belt... which is/was hurting really bad under obama..... thats why trump won--->JOBS

Old 07-27-2017, 09:51 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
Quote:
Foxconn said it was due to Trump.

Source? Not mentioned in the cited article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies