Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:06 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times

Advertisements

I wonder..just how many transgender military there are? 100...200?

I think the issue here is more about a citizen..demanding the full responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.

To take away the right to defend your country..because of gender identity...makes them less.

I can see their point..me..as long as they can shoot and pack their load--let them serve.

Besides, I think Trump brought up this issue just to distract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 08:07 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,061,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump broke a promise to them:

“Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs,” Trump had written in June last year.

Twitter Reminds Donald Trump of His False Promises to LGBT Community
Keeping crazy muslims from murdering them cannot be equated with buying them surgery to satisfy their wants. Only extremely selfish imbalanced people would do that, and so they prove Trump right.

They're about as sane as the ISIS horde who wants to slit their throats.
They can't see beyond themself and can't get out of their own way. They will not win.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:11 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Republicans to a soldier: We're not paying for trannies and we're not paying for your artificial leg! Frogs grow a new one ...why can't you!

Old 07-26-2017, 08:12 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Where do we draw the line on what HC is offered to our soldiers?
That's side issue, the main issue here is security. You can be discharged from the military for any medical condition that requires constant attention.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:13 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
I'm disappointed in this decision but I don't have all the facts yet.

I'll tell you I know of a few who wish to join the military but because of past disorders documented as kids, even though they are gone now, they deny them. It's harder to serve than you think. But, in a group of well armed and efficient men, you have to consider safety issues.

As far as the money a few transgenders cost the military, I think unnecessary army bases and sponsoring mini wars costs us a heck of a lot more. I wish that was cut instead of transgenders.

I don't have to be happy about everything the president decides, and I never have been regardless who they were or if I voted them in. You can't have everything you want. If you get half of it that's a win!

Old 07-26-2017, 08:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I wonder..just how many transgender military there are? 100...200?

I think the issue here is more about a citizen..demanding the full responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.

To take away the right to defend your country..because of gender identity...makes them less.

I can see their point..me..as long as they can shoot and pack their load--let them serve.

Besides, I think Trump brought up this issue just to distract.
It was designed to distract:

Donald Trump made a lot of waves today with his announcement (via Twitter) that the military was not gonna let transgenders in anymore. Or something. Like John McCain, I’m not entirely sure what the announcement actually meant.

Anyway, Trump’s announcement was strategically planned. It was meant to take all attention off the turmoil brewing within his cabinet regarding his treatment of his own attorney general, Jeff Sessions.

With Friends Like Donald Trump...

Old 07-26-2017, 08:14 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post

Can they do that both physically and mentally if cut off from the medical attention for weeks or months ?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's side issue, the main issue here is security. You can be discharged from the military for any medical condition that requires constant attention.
Shouldn't it be merrit-based? And if not, why not?

If a soldier is performing their duty, what does it matter?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Keeping crazy muslims from murdering them cannot be equated with buying them surgery to satisfy their wants. Only extremely selfish imbalanced people would do that, and so they prove Trump right.

They're about as sane as the ISIS horde who wants to slit their throats.
They can't see beyond themself and can't get out of their own way. They will not win.
"They will not win."

So, it's us vs them eh?
I thank you for your honesty..it's refreshing to have someone just come out and say it..rather than get all mealy-mouthed.

Of course...if this is a conflict..than you'd expect your enemy to do whatever they can. Protest, use the ballot box--bring social pressure.

Would it surprise you to find out that there might be more of 'them' then you?

Why anyone should care is beyond me--with all the bs in the world, you're concerned about what gender someone wishes?

This is just a squirrel Trump sent out to distract while the healthcare bill is coming to a vote---and to get the multiple investigations out of the limelight.

He will not win.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Can they do that both physically and mentally if cut off from the medical attention for weeks or months ?
Short answer..it depends..preoperative..pills and shots---operative...several operations and recovery time--Post-operative--some pills--some follow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies