Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:17 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,136,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This is not what I said. I said once the supporters are no longer around to come to his defense his own words and actions will be what he is judged by. They may look great to you today but then again Joe McCarthy and George Wallace had rabid supporters at one time too.

Now this is just my opinion obviously and you certainly have a right to yours. But in my opinion in 50 years they will look at this man and think he was off his rocker based on what he said and tried to do.

And? Why are you even taking about this?

You have no proof of any of your weird claims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
How is Kirsten Gillibrand Hillary 2.0?

She is exactly like Hillary. A Democrat that seems clueless on all issues besides "women's issues". She is just younger

Old 07-27-2017, 03:20 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,114,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Quote:
She is exactly like Hillary. A Democrat that seems clueless on all issues besides "women's issues". She is just younger
Ok, so you get all high and might about the burden of proof you feel the OP ignores, then your defense of Hillary Clinton and Kristin Gellibrand is that she "seems clueless?"

You can't possibly be serious?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:21 PM

16,374 posts, read 10,563,159 times
Quote:

Because it's a message board, a place to share our opinions. I'm sorry if mine hurts your feelings. But I firmly believe this will be the case. I mean in 100 years who will be there to defend him? Not you.

So history students will be left with an audio of a man bragging about grabbing women's private parts, they will see him talk about building a wall across the Mexican border and shake their head in disbelief just we do when looking back at things like George Wallace blocking AA students from entering the University of Alabama or Joe McCarthy ruining innocent people's lives with false charges..

Old 07-27-2017, 03:24 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,238,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You truly are a democrat, if you think McCain and Graham are true republicans.

And calling Trump supporters crazy just shows me you still don't get it......
Yes, McCain and Graham are real Republicans. Trump, who has been in government 6 months, is the one with unpredictable position changes, chaos in his administration every week, brags about a wall that will never be built, lashes out at staff publicly, is hostile to Mueller's investigation, is a whiny crybaby on Twitter, and is captain of a dysfunctional sinking ship...his administration, not America. Even most Republicans and independents are beginning to regret putting him in the White House, leaving just a small percentage of supporters.

Please check Trump's approval ratings next time you get the chance. That is proof that perhaps you still don't get it.

13,751 posts, read 9,842,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We look back now on the McCarthy era and wonder how the Hell people accepted such a madman with such a slanted agenda. And yet, here we are, in 2017, with another crazy SOB in the WH, and history will not be kind to us for allowing this to happen.

You would think people would learn and that people have gotten smarter over the years, but some are just as dumb, and have the same hatred and bigotry, that they had back then.
Perhaps these things move in cycles. The electorate becomes scared, frustrated with the status quo, mistrustful of conventional politicians. Forgetting the lessons from a prior 50 years - because that's too shrouded in mists of memory - there's yearning for a champion, an iconoclast, a plain-speaker unfazed by effete restrictions of decorum. This champion comes riding in, with ambitious and bombastic promises. Eventually he fails - but not before causing enough harm to rattle the populace for a generation or so... until the cycle begins afresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Because it's a message board, a place to share our opinions. I'm sorry if mine hurts your feelings. But I firmly believe this will be the case. I mean in 100 years who will be there to defend him? Not you.

So history students will be left with an audio of a man bragging about grabbing women's private parts, they will see him talk about building a wall across the Mexican border and shake their head in disbelief just we do when looking back at things like George Wallace blocking AA students from entering the University of Alabama or Joe McCarthy ruining innocent people's lives with false charges..

Ok but it's still sad it's all your pathetic and decimated Party has

Old 07-27-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Yes, McCain and Graham are real Republicans. Trump, who has been in government 6 months, is the one with unpredictable position changes, chaos in his administration every week, brags about a wall that will never be built, lashes out at staff and is a whiny crybaby on Twitter, and is captain of a dysfunctional sinking ship...his administration, not America. Trump is only for Trump, not for the nation. Most Republicans and independents are beginning to regret putting him in the White House.

Check Trump's approval ratings next time you get the chance. That is proof that perhaps you still don't get it.

Trump approval ratings have been low ever since he started running

His approval ratings were one of the main reasons people thought Hillarybwws going to have a landslide win

Looks like libs still think polls are going to save them. Pretty funny

Old 07-27-2017, 03:30 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,114,188 times
Quote:
Trump approval ratings have been low ever since he started running

His approval ratings were one of the main reasons people thought Hillarybwws going to have a landslide win

Looks like libs still think polls are going to save them. Pretty funny
Do you know what you and ISIS have in common?

You hate people who aren't like you. Don't you think that's a bit problematic?

I looked through your recent posts and nearly everything you posted was just you **** talking Democrats. That's it. Essentially nothing else, and anything that technically doesn't fall under the category, is still pretty close. Why do you have nothing good to say about anyone who doesn't agree with you? Why is it that hatred is all you seem to have to offer?

Why are you here?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,959,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you might need to check your history mate. I can name a whole lot of people who went down as thugs but had strong economies. it is not even hard, go check it out.
Name one American President. We have a system that prevents thuggery.

I know you believe Trump is different just like conservatives were predicting Obama to be a dictator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies