Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:11 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times

Advertisements

It leaves me feeling sad...just sad that the owners did not show leadership and protect their players from the madness. All over the country arm in arm knee by knee the players did the PC thing. Look my friends. Everyone gets the picture. Black men are suspected of crimes and disproportionately seen by police as suspicious. It's wrong and it needs to be changed. But that is not the issue. The issue is honoring the country, sucking it up, working for justice (how many of these men contributed to Francisco Castillo's defense?).

Despite all the long faces Axelrod is right. Trump wins because he is exposing in living color the two most common reasons for failure. Hubris and Greed. (and yes he risks it too).

He's got the players by the balls, and just because they think they're "right" they have put themselves into a corner and unless they all man up quickly they will be further marginalized as dumb black jocks.

The lone Steeler standing and saluting the flag makes all these knee takin "men" look like crybabies. You may not agree with it but IT IS THE WAY IT IS. Now, don't go blaming' white folk. This you did entirely to yourselves following a not so bright Kapprnick into the dog tired dead horse viewpoint marinated in hundreds of years of racism.

Trump 1. Black Racism 0.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It leaves me feeling sad...just sad that the owners did not show leadership and protect their players from the madness. All over the country arm in arm knee by knee the players did the PC thing. Look my friends. Everyone gets the picture. Black men are suspected of crimes and disproportionately seen by police as suspicious. It's wrong and it needs to be changed. But that is not the issue. The issue is honoring the country, sucking it up, working for justice (how many of these men contributed to Francisco Castillo's defense?).

Despite all the long faces Axelrod is right. Trump wins because he is exposing in living color the two most common reasons for failure. Hubris and Greed. (and yes he risks it too).

He's got the players by the balls, and just because they think they're "right" they have put themselves into a corner and unless they all man up quickly they will be further marginalized as dumb black jocks.

The lone Steeler standing and saluting the flag is makes all these knee takin "men" look like crybabies. You may not agree with it but the IS THE WAY IT IS. Now, don't go blaming' white folk. This you did entirely to yourselves following a not so bright Kapprnick into the dog tired dead horse viewpoint marinated in hundreds of years of racism.

Trump 1. Black Racism 0.
Your post exposes yourself.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:31 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,003,732 times
It's amazing how meaningless things become when you don't have this, oh what was it called, oh yes, "TV".

Old 09-25-2017, 05:33 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your post exposes yourself.
Doesn't it though.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:35 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,691,381 times
Quote:
Odd isn't it. People complain when protests aren't peaceful and they state that to get people on their side they have to protest peacefully. Here we have people protesting peacefully and they are still told they need to stop.

Many simply do not want to face the reason people are protesting.
Very well said. People dont like the reasoning why these players are protesting. Once the focus moves on that particular cause, the protests will end.
This has happened in the past also.
1968 Mexico City Olympics. I was not born at that time but I am sure that noone called for boycott of Olympics. Focus was on the reason why they did that.

Now one more important question. As per NFL regulations, is their any ban on any type of political protests or message? If there is any Ban, this kneeling down will come in it??

Old 09-25-2017, 05:42 AM

613 posts, read 463,850 times
I mean, it's really easy to tell people to stop talking about issues you'll never have to deal with. I really don't know why people are STILL in denial about how people are treated differently because of their race. Police brutality towards Black men isn't made up. We have video footage of these actions, and the murderers are STILL getting off. I commend the players for kneeling during that slave song.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I've only gone in-person to 3 NFL games in my life because 1) I don't live nearby a team, and 2) I don't have the money to regularly drop about $600 on a Sunday outing.

If any of you are SO upset about the protest that you're going to get rid of your tickets, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for what you say on here that they are now worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

If anyone has any Eagles tickets for games at Lincoln Field, let me know!
Same goes for Bears tickets. Anyone who is disgusted by these players actions and is a season ticket holder, please PM me and I'll help you to do something with your tickets.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Odd isn't it. People complain when protests aren't peaceful and they state that to get people on their side they have to protest peacefully. Here we have people protesting peacefully and they are still told they need to stop.

Many simply do not want to face the reason people are protesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
I mean, it's really easy to tell people to stop talking about issues you'll never have to deal with. I really don't know why people are STILL in denial about how people are treated differently because of their race. Police brutality towards Black men isn't made up. We have video footage of these actions, and the murderers are STILL getting off. I commend the players for kneeling during that slave song.
Agreed.

You guys said it better than I can right now.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:03 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Very well said. People dont like the reasoning why these players are protesting. Once the focus moves on that particular cause, the protests will end.
No, they don't. And more focus on black grievances will not make them any more popular.
Quote:
This has happened in the past also.
1968 Mexico City Olympics.
And many people didn't care for that either. Fortunately, it was a one time thing, or the popularity of Olympic athletes would have taken a severe hit.
Quote:
Now one more important question. As per NFL regulations, is their any ban on any type of political protests or message? If there is any Ban, this kneeling down will come in it??
The players' actions are indeed against NFL rules.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:06 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Bang! Shoots self in foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies