Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 09:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
What party would he even run under?
He could just start a new one, call it the Nationalist Party. His combination of positions do not fit neatly in either of the other two parties, so maybe that makes more sense.

I think he could run with someone like Steve Bannon as his running mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 09:35 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Trump won't run third party, there would be even more division then there is now. He's either the GOP nominee or he doesn't run for a second term.
True, he can forget about 2020, he has pissed off too many people and made too many false promises. Among Independents, a group larger than either Dems or Repugs, he's hovering in the 30s approval rating.

THAT isn't gonna get him reelected. He would be lucky to last a full 4 years at the rate he's going.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:39 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
He could just start a new one, call it the Nationalist Party. His combination of positions do not fit neatly in either of the other two parties, so maybe that makes more sense.

Running 3rd party may have made sense in 2016 and he possibly may have done the country a favor by crashing the 2 party system. That's an opportunity here and gone. With his utter failure to make good on so many campaign issues I doubt he'll have the base to run for anything but retirement in 2020.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
True, he can forget about 2020, he has pissed off too many people and made too many false promises. Among Independents, a group larger than either Dems or Repugs, he's hovering in the 30s approval rating.

THAT isn't gonna get him reelected. He would be lucky to last a full 4 years at the rate he's going.
You don't know who is going to run against him yet. No one thought he had a chance against Hillary.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:45 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

That is a good name for a party but to some the word "Nationalism" is a bad word due to it's context that those who believe in it want to put America first. I don't know what is wrong with American first but some say that they want to turn back the clock to the days of the 1950's where of course the minorities sat in the back of the bus but who says they need to return there?

Nationalism is all about America first and you either get on board or get out of the way. There is room for everyone as long as they are trying to move forward.

I do wonder though with the way that the GOP is treating Trump if he would be their pick in 2020.
They have to make a decision and become a united party. They run the Gov. right now but the Dems are still more or less calling the shots.

They need to unite and be upfront with the Don. if his ideas are good enough they need to go at it 100%. if they are not up to snuff then they need to get together and make it better.

This whole health care mess is stupid and need not happen.
Both parties need to get together and do something.
Are they that afraid to let Trump succeed ? Imagine a DC outsider actually making America great again.
It could happen if they would get on board and we wouldn't need to be speculating about 2020.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
He's not going to run again. He's going to cite the dysfunctional nature of government, blame Congress, blame the media, blame Hillary, blame Obama, and pretty much anyone else who he can blame and then he'll jump in his gold-plated jet and fly back to Trump Tower and his old life, while plotting the sales of his "Inside the Presidency" reality TV show.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:16 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He's not going to run again. He's going to cite the dysfunctional nature of government, blame Congress, blame the media, blame Hillary, blame Obama, and pretty much anyone else who he can blame and then he'll jump in his gold-plated jet and fly back to Trump Tower and his old life, while plotting the sales of his "Inside the Presidency" reality TV show.

Or he'll just simplify and say something like 'America isn't worthy of me'.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:26 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Responding to another thread here I had a thought.

If the Dems continue their scorched earth goal of blocking everything Trump and they continue to dump on him with negativity, some warranted some not and people believe what they are spewing they could put almost anyone up for election and they would win.

On the other side of the aisle are the Reps. and some of them hate Trump while others sit on their hands afraid to appear on his side in matters because it might cost them their cushy jobs.

If the government continues to block Trump on the many things that he campaigned for and the people voted him in to do there will be problems come 2020.

I wonder who the Dems will nominate ?
I wonder if the GOP will nominate Trump the way so many dislike him so instead they will nominate someone else.
I then wonder if that should happen if Trump would run third party?

If what we have been seeing out of DC continues and Trump had to run third party he would actually have a good chance of winning.

Trump sure has made politics interesting.
He makes everything he touches with his little hands filthy and yucking.....

Old 07-28-2017, 10:30 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
What party would he even run under?
the Whigs?

Old 07-28-2017, 11:51 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
No. This is like a three ring circus and it's not getting better. I think Trump will hang in there due to wanting to save face and still wanting to "win" but he may not even serve out his full term. I think his anger is boiling over the top and he hates seeing his family exposed for the frauds that they are. His health won't last either.

So either he is forced out by the Republicans or, more likely, he will dream up some reason to resign after another year or so. He didn't know what he was getting into and he hates this job. His son says he is miserable.

He'll mange to go back to wheeling and dealing and trying to be a tv celebrity again. He's not really that interested in politics.
I agree, in fact i would not be surprised if it happens sooner than later. Trump still has a lot of fans, but they are very angry how he has Treated their little racist pixie (sessions) and many are grumbling . Even drudge has taken a couple of gentle swipes at Trump. And if Drudge turns against Trump that is the end of Trumpland. Drudge rules the right many take their cues from Drudge and with him Trump may well lose the biggest layer in his Onion of fear, hate, racism, confusion, desperation, anger, disenfranchised etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies