Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 08:02 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I just paid $1.98

"Under Obama, we were seeing record low gas prices"

I recall Under Obama it was OVER $4.00 a gallon.

"Gas prices are notorious for fluctuating wildly. During Obama's tenure, the national average for a gallon of regular gas has been as high as almost $4 in 2011 and as low as $1.85 a gallon the month he took office."

Gas prices - The Obama economy in 10 charts - CNNMoney

So, under Obama it went from $1.85 to $$4.00.

I can tell by your lack of mathematical ability you are a trump voter.Under Obama gas or the price of a barrel of Oil has gone down and production has gone up,it's called supply and demand.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/21/inve...oom/index.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier.../#72655381c10f

THANK YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 08:13 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Oh no, gas prices have gone back up to where they were when Trump took office! What a TERRIBLE PRESIDENT!! No doubt he's colluding with Russia to make Exxon richer -- IMPEACH!!!!

Don't you folks ever get tired of starting completely stupid threads like this?
In fairness, these completely stupid threads blaming presidents for gas prices are about a decade old or so.

Started in earnest with Bush then continued from there.

Partisan posters just can't help themselves, just too wrapped up in us vs. them plus likely other factors like dementia, drugs and basic tribe mentality.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:33 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump supporters are the first to rave about how Donald Trump is causing positive things to happen, like a rising stock market, so how about them accepting responsibility when things go south ?

Under Obama, we were seeing record low gas prices, and they stayed down. In the past month or so, our gas prices locally went from $1.99, and overnight it jumped to $2.15. It slowly started to come back down, but they skyrocketed back up to $2.29, where it is staying right now.

What is up with that ? I thought Trump was going to make things better for us, or was he just interested in making his oil buddies more money ?
What is with you people?

You not only have it wrong about presidents (any presidents) having much to do with gas prices, but when your own teams president has prices that are high, you acknowledge that they have little to do with it. Yet when prices go down, you claim it was because of them.

Some of the highest prices ever were under Obama, this is a fact if you care to look it up.
Yet most of it was not by his own doing. This despite he is one of the few presidents to actually say higher prices was a goal to force people into less energy consumption, and it having a positive influence for renewable energy.

Now you want to say prices are a little higher today than a point where Obama was in office, and expect people to get worked up about it?

The price of a gallon of regular gas was around $1.79 when Mr. Obama took office in 2009. In 2011 under Obama, the national average was $3.58 with the highest being $4.14 in Santa Barbara, CA.

Care to comment?

Old 07-28-2017, 10:21 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I detest Trump, but I will say what I say to everyone who blames the president on gas prices: He has little or no control over them. And this includes him.
Yeah, I also have to laugh when people post stuff about how the new President is going to be starting Martial Law because they see military equipment moving on trains, but they are ignorant to the fact that this is how companies have been moving artillery for decades, under many different kinds of presidents.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In fairness, these completely stupid threads blaming presidents for gas prices are about a decade old or so.

Started in earnest with Bush then continued from there.

Partisan posters just can't help themselves, just too wrapped up in us vs. them plus likely other factors like dementia, drugs and basic tribe mentality.
I notice Don spent the night making another eleventy billion anti-Trump posts but totally overlooked this thread - the one of his own making. Guess it just didn't turn out the way he wanted.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:23 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
An epic owning of a Trump Derangement Syndrome victim. Too bad he won't be able to apply a now unaffordable petroleum jelly salve to his torched credibility.

Last edited by Wee-Bey; 07-29-2017 at 08:58 AM..

Old 07-29-2017, 08:25 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
The president doesn't control the price of gas.
Bush didn't, Obama didn't, and Trump doesn't. The free market does.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:27 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The president doesn't control the price of gas.
Bush didn't, Obama didn't, and Trump doesn't. The free market does.
Oh stop blithering on about facts. They ping off a liberal's skull like BBs off an M1 tank.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:30 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Thanks Trump ! Higher gas prices ! ...
Dang! Every time I start to think there is hope for you........

Gas prices are fine.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Oh stop blithering on about facts. They ping off a liberal's skull like BBs off an M1 tank.
LOL I know.
When Bush was President the left blamed Bush when gas prices surged. When Obama was President the left said he had no control over it. This is just another attack Trump topic. The sad thing is there is plenty of legit issues to attack Trump on, the re is no need to fabricate ridiculous issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies