Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:55 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times

Advertisements

Responding to another thread here I had a thought.

If the Dems continue their scorched earth goal of blocking everything Trump and they continue to dump on him with negativity, some warranted some not and people believe what they are spewing they could put almost anyone up for election and they would win.

On the other side of the aisle are the Reps. and some of them hate Trump while others sit on their hands afraid to appear on his side in matters because it might cost them their cushy jobs.

If the government continues to block Trump on the many things that he campaigned for and the people voted him in to do there will be problems come 2020.

I wonder who the Dems will nominate ?
I wonder if the GOP will nominate Trump the way so many dislike him so instead they will nominate someone else.
I then wonder if that should happen if Trump would run third party?

If what we have been seeing out of DC continues and Trump had to run third party he would actually have a good chance of winning.

Trump sure has made politics interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 08:00 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
No. This is like a three ring circus and it's not getting better. I think Trump will hang in there due to wanting to save face and still wanting to "win" but he may not even serve out his full term. I think his anger is boiling over the top and he hates seeing his family exposed for the frauds that they are. His health won't last either.

So either he is forced out by the Republicans or, more likely, he will dream up some reason to resign after another year or so. He didn't know what he was getting into and he hates this job. His son says he is miserable.

He'll mange to go back to wheeling and dealing and trying to be a tv celebrity again. He's not really that interested in politics.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:02 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
The GOP will never alienate trump. They know the doing so makes the dems easy winners in most elections. Half of right leaning voters will go GOP, half trump, while the dems would have a unified front and get all their usual votes. I would love it if trump went rogue but the GOP will continue to ride whatever coat tails he provides as long as he can keep them in power.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:07 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Would he still wind up with the same congress full of status quo self-interested hacks by running 3rd party ?

He could win running third party but what good would it do ?

As bad as it is, the best thing to do, is encourage President Trump to primary anti-Trump agenda congressmen and vote in more Repubs. IMO
If not the loons are going to be back in power.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
I do not believe that Mr Trump will run again.

However, if he should consider it he will not get the nomination from the Republicans, he is damaged goods. The only option open to him would be as a third party candidate.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:57 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Responding to another thread here I had a thought.

If the Dems continue their scorched earth goal of blocking everything Trump and they continue to dump on him with negativity, some warranted some not and people believe what they are spewing they could put almost anyone up for election and they would win.

On the other side of the aisle are the Reps. and some of them hate Trump while others sit on their hands afraid to appear on his side in matters because it might cost them their cushy jobs.

If the government continues to block Trump on the many things that he campaigned for and the people voted him in to do there will be problems come 2020.

I wonder who the Dems will nominate ?
I wonder if the GOP will nominate Trump the way so many dislike him so instead they will nominate someone else.
I then wonder if that should happen if Trump would run third party?

If what we have been seeing out of DC continues and Trump had to run third party he would actually have a good chance of winning.

Trump sure has made politics interesting.
Tastes good what you guys did to Obama, huh? Only problem is, your side controls everything. But deflect your leader's inability to get anything done all you want.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:02 AM

192 posts, read 131,287 times
What party would he even run under?

Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
The Delusional Megalomaniac Party.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:14 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post

Amalgamated Swamp Critters of America

Old 07-28-2017, 09:27 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,967 times
Trump won't run third party, there would be even more division then there is now. He's either the GOP nominee or he doesn't run for a second term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies