Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:29 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times

Advertisements

If it had been the other way, it would have been headline news on CBS, NBC, CNN & ABC.

It's silence however. It doesn't fit their narrative.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:58 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If it had been the other way, it would have been headline news on CBS, NBC, CNN & ABC.

It's silence however. It doesn't fit their narrative.
WK..that's because the data is bogus...ZeroHedge picked a certain misleading view and ran with it. The OP parroted it here--in the thread are the various full graphs and studies..if you're interested.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
WK..that's because the data is bogus...ZeroHedge picked a certain misleading view and ran with it. The OP parroted it here--in the thread are the various full graphs and studies..if you're interested.
Data came from NASA. It's clear enough.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Sea levels fell for last two years.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:20 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,257,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't understand why conservatives are so against having a clean environment. They say it's because Jesus is coming back any time now so there is no need in preserving our planet since God is going to destroy it anyways. Beliefs regarding the end times and the second coming of Christ should never guide public policy.
Clean environment vs BS that's the problem. I now of no conservative (and that is primarily all I know) who does not want cleaner air so let's get away from the CO2 BS. The earth is a large globe that has 70 percent water and is spinning so naturally there will be climate change. And what caused the four major global warming periods this world has had since it cooled? Last one was over 70 million years ago, don't think it was due to cars and power plants and since the dinosaurs had not arrived (global warming allowed a longer growing period, allowed the earth to be green and lush everywhere) until after the earth warmed considerably (about 11 degrees warmer than today), the climate change was not due to dinosaurs passing gas.

So yes, clean up the air so places like LA, SLC, Denver have clean air and air you cannot see. But a small rise in temperature will not cause any harm if there actually is one, may not really be caused by man, and might actually be better. And any politician or scientist that says it is settled science is full of BS. Any honest scientist will tell you that science is NEVER settled.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't understand why conservatives are so against having a clean environment. They say it's because Jesus is coming back any time now so there is no need in preserving our planet since God is going to destroy it anyways. Beliefs regarding the end times and the second coming of Christ should never guide public policy.
Look at pictures of the aftermath following a TEA Party rally and a BLM rally and tell me who cares more about the cleanliness of the environment.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:24 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,616,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Look at pictures of the aftermath following a TEA Party rally and a BLM rally and tell me who cares more about the cleanliness of the environment.
Also, their is no racism, violence, nor destruction of property, and stopping traffic/commerce like with BLM riots.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:24 AM

24,019 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Considering how ~71% of the earth's surface are the oceans, you'd have to take a heck of a lot of debris out of the ocean to make a noticeable difference. Plus new ocean-going vessels are being added all the time due to an increase in world trade, making the debris you'd have to take out even more. Where would you put all that debris?

I am guessing it would be impractical on so many levels.
Are you aware of the Plastic island twice the size of Texas and weighing 3 million tons out in the Pacific?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are you aware of the Plastic island twice the size of Texas and weighing 3 million tons out in the Pacific?
And with the focus being on raising taxes in order to produce carbon dioxide, most people have no clue about real environmental issues.

It's like if you have an increasing number of unadopted children; why would your focus be on adding an additional tax to happy meals containing a toy if you're really concerned about orphans.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:45 AM

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
I wonder if removing all the debris from the ocean would have an impact? It's amazing how far the water level goes down when I get out of the bathtub.
Just look at the trillions of gallons of water that have been pumped from the aquifers around the world. So much of it ends up in rivers which drain into oceans. And what evaporates comes back down in increased rainfall.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:38 AM

24,019 posts, read 15,120,909 times
IMO, the entity that produces and uses the product causing any detriment to the earth and inhabitants should pay for cleaning it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies