Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 05:03 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
You really want to quote Jindal, didn't he destroy Louisiana with debt.
Jindal is the son of legal immigrants, a father who is a civil engineer and mother who worked in nuclear physics and who has a doctorate in physics. They both went through a great deal to legally enter the country the right way.

Alot of people think sanctuary mayors should face punishment including the ICE chief Homan. we actually have a president with balls who wants to enforce our nations laws, unlike the previous President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 05:10 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Bobby Jindal is irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
And also an idiot.
Actually. .....no, he's not.

A few months ago Charles Krauthammer was discussing how Trump could legally do exactly what Jindal is talking about.

All he has to do is have a federal arrest warrant issued for a specific criminal illegal alien who is known to be living in a sanctuary city.

If the mayor refuses to cooperate, they can be charged with obstruction of justice.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yeah... bullying them into submission will work.
Enforcing the law is now bullying? The ability of liberals to twist things to suit their agenda has no bounds.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:55 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
There goes Disney. But is there a law Broken? I can see the police state taking form.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:14 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
What is Mr. Jindal up to these days now that he's unable to continue taking Louisiana down the toilet with him?

Old 07-29-2017, 07:18 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
liberals defending illegal immigration

going to lead to more losses in 2018 and 2020
Apparently asking people to follow the law is now considered "bullying".

Every day the left makes me laugh. At them. They have an excuse for everything. It's really pathetic...funny as hell, but pathetic.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Enforcing the law is now bullying? The ability of liberals to twist things to suit their agenda has no bounds.
Didn't see this one before I wrote mine. Yeah, it's ridiculous, isn't it? You wonder, sometimes, if they actually believe what they say.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:27 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
So the 50% of the country that did not vote for Trump and perhaps live in places that local preferences prevail over Federal ones should be punished both financially, judicially, even perhaps physically ?

I thought Trump supporters were against Federal Government overreach ?
How is enforcing federal law federal overreach?

Old 07-29-2017, 07:32 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
So they should wait until after an illegal immigrant commits a violent crime, in other words, injures, rapes or murders someone, and then deport them? Not only is that idea stupid, it is harmful to communities that have to deal with illegal immigrants.

The very reason that we have immigration laws is to select who gets to come into the country. We don't need to wait until someone gets hurt first. Deport as many illegals as possible to discourage more from coming and lock up those that protect them. Many have already left out of fear of deportation and many more will leave when enforcement is ramped up.
As a liberal, yes, the immigration laws are stupid and need to be fixed. That way some immigrants could come in the right way and we wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

We need to fix immigration so that good people can get here by other means than marrying an American or being filthy rich. Currently, except for a lottery, those are basically the only ways. That's what's forcing people to come here illegally.

1. Fix the broken immigration system.

2. Look at allowing SOME illegals to stay--those who were born here or brought here as kids through no fault of their own. They did not break a law.

3. Deport everyone else who is here illegally. I don't care who they are, they are already criminals for breaking our immigration laws.

4. And hurry up because people are fed up. Sick and tired of losing jobs to illegals and fed up with a few people coming in LEGALLY while others sneak in.

Last edited by in_newengland; 07-31-2017 at 09:16 PM..

Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
So full of crap, both of them........"I'm thinking about arresting those who will not do my job for me but be prepared for me to threaten to actually do my job".

Old 07-29-2017, 08:11 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,535 times
I would like to see the mayors held civilly liable, but criminal charges may be a bit too far. Unless of course the mayors aided or abetted. I do like Jindal though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies