Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 12:21 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't know why this is hard to understand.... if you order something at a restaurant, you want to get that thing. If it's an accident that it's wrong, then OK, but if you think they did it just to spite you, that's a violation. That's something that should get someone fired. Let's take out the fact that it's not YOUR religion.... if you went to a freakin Denny's, order pancakes, make it clear at some point that you're a vegetarian, and your pancakes come with a steak on top of them and a wink, WTF would you think.
I dont think anyone disagrees with that. I question that it was done in spite by an employee, I might be wrong. Mostly its the reaction they had to it, even if it was done intentionally. Go to the manager, voice your complaint. Go higher up the chain of command if need be. You dont take video and run to an organization claiming an act of religious bigotry and bombard the the media with the incident.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't know why this is hard to understand.... if you order something at a restaurant, you want to get that thing. If it's an accident that it's wrong, then OK, but if you think they did it just to spite you, that's a violation. That's something that should get someone fired. Let's take out the fact that it's not YOUR religion.... if you went to a freakin Denny's, order pancakes, make it clear at some point that you're a vegetarian, and your pancakes come with a steak on top of them and a wink, WTF would you think.
You are making far too much sense, please stop at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You clearly have never worked in a restaurant before. See NLVgal's post above.

Rule #1. Do not upset a cook.
I have worked in a restaurant before, and I never messed with someone's food, no matter how rude they were. It just simply didn't occur to me. Then again, I found most people were pleasant to me if I was pleasant to them, and when they weren't? I'm more the "kill them with kindness" sort. It's far more subtle, and no danger to anyone's health.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:23 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually Rule #1 is not to upset the person taking your order.
Well to be fair only if he or she is dating or good friends with the cook. Most of the magic performed is in the kitchen.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:24 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So as a FF worker you would say the employees in the back cooking and assembling the orders are fully aware of who ordered the particular food, their nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
NO!

The FF worker in the back cooking and assembling the order SHOULD SIMPLY FOLLOW THE ORDER - And ONLY assemble what he is asked for - This is what he is trained for - this is what he is expected to do and this is what he gets paid for.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You clearly have never worked in a restaurant before. See NLVgal's post above.

Rule #1. Do not upset a cook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually Rule #1 is not to upset the person taking your order.
And of course, this is what it comes down to. If it was intentional, then did the customers do anything to upset the counter person or the people preparing the food (open kitchens in any McDonald's I've been to, and they would have seen who was ordering) or was the mere fact that they were Muslims upsetting?

Sadly, it's clear that at least to some people, the mere fact that someone is Muslim is sufficient to justify mistreatment. We just don't know whether that is what happened here.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:35 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think anyone disagrees with that. I question that it was done in spite by an employee, I might be wrong. Mostly its the reaction they had to it, even if it was done intentionally. Go to the manager, voice your complaint. Go higher up the chain of command if need be. You dont take video and run to an organization claiming an act of religious bigotry and bombard the the media with the incident.
I think someone here said the bacon was cut up into little bits (maybe detail from a diff article), which is very unnatural, so that would certainly make me think it was done on purpose. I suppose that's why they still needed to investigate it.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And of course, this is what it comes down to. If it was intentional, then did the customers do anything to upset the counter person or the people preparing the food (open kitchens in any McDonald's I've been to, and they would have seen who was ordering) or was the mere fact that they were Muslims upsetting?

Sadly, it's clear that at least to some people, the mere fact that someone is Muslim is sufficient to justify mistreatment. We just don't know whether that is what happened here.
Maybe to some. Most of us would have returned to the restaurant with the offending sandwich and taken care of it that way. In this case the alleged victims made a federal case out of a $5.00 sandwich.
1. They really wanted attention and a possible payout.
2. I really can't think of any reason to go all public.
There is a reason that burger flippers are paid what they are paid. They are not the cream of the crop. They are either High school kids and so are also subject to juvenile behavior or they are unskilled and have no marketable skills. The third would be folks working a second job or retired working for extra cash.

Myself I have to question the attempt at getting attention here. I think they saw pay day. Not surprising due to the fact that Juries seem to love awarding massive payouts, often for frivolous lawsuits.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:47 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Linky:

Is McDonald's Halal (Permissible)?
Just Ask Islam - Is McDonald's Halal (Permissible)?

Answer:

Eat fish

Old 08-03-2017, 12:58 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, they shouldn't be fired!

I don't think McDonald's does "special orders." You buy what's on the menu. Read the damn menu!
As others have pointed out, bacon was not a part of their sandwich as listed on the menu.

And McDonalds absolutely does do "special orders." My boyfriend has some severe food restrictions, but also spends a significant amount of time on the road traveling for his business so he spends more time eating fast food than many. McDonalds will modify his burger toppings, no problem.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:02 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Bacon on a McDonalds sandwich gets more media attention than the low-level jihadi plots foiled or carried through every single day.

What a time to be alive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies