Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 06:47 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Ask 2 Jewish Scholars and get 3 different answers as the saying goes. My Jewish friend who studies and is working every day to be more and more observant says the answer to whether there are 'loopholes' is different depending on who you ask. And not all are so observant to begin with. As with Muslims. Only one of my Muslim friends won't eat pork. The rest of them cram it down like other good Americans! Only one observes Ramadan to the letter. (he really loves that first cigarette after sundown!)
A Observant Orthodox Jew will not walk into a McDonalds. Period. Your friend who is learning to be more observant is known as becoming a Ba'al Teshuva. Look it up as it has nothing to with this thread and he can do whatever he wants until the day he becomes a true Observant Orthodox Jew. His opinion means little as he is still in the learning phase. If your Muslims friends eat pork then that's their choice and is no different than anyone else in any religion who has assimilated and pick which parts of their culture to follow. They are Muslim when it suits them or some need arises.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:54 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
A Observant Orthodox Jew will not walk into a McDonalds. Period. Your friend who is learning to be more observant is known as becoming a Ba'al Teshuva. Look it up as it has nothing to with this thread and he can do whatever he wants until the day he becomes a true Observant Orthodox Jew. His opinion means little as he is still in the learning phase. If your Muslims friends eat pork then that's their choice and is no different than anyone else in any religion who has assimilated and pick which parts of their culture to follow. They are Muslim when it suits them or some need arises.
That isn't true. You are an extremist. Saying that people are not really Jewish or Muslim or Christian unless they are extremists about it is not true, and irrelevant to the thread.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
That isn't true. You are an extremist. Saying that people are not really Jewish or Muslim or Christian unless they are extremists about it is not true, and irrelevant to the thread.
Whatever. Until proof that the situation that this thread is about shows up as being real, I'll end my conversation with you with the following:

... And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.
Qur'an 59:7.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Whatever. Until proof that the situation that this thread is about shows up as being real, I'll end my conversation with you with the following:

... And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.
Qur'an 59:7.
Great. A lesson on Islam from a Jewish person. Lordy. Let's just stick with your real issue here. You think it's a hoax. It could be. Has happened before. But don't pretend to be an Islamic scholar using links from anti-Muslims sites and proclaiming who is and is not really Muslim.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:25 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
So-called Muslims? all but one of the Muslims I know eat pork. That means they are not real Muslims?

This is another weird myth. That Muslims are either extremely devout or not really Muslims. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN is total BS! Most people in all three major religions fall somewhere on a scale of observance. It's why there are terms like 'fundamentalist' and 'Orthodox' and 'Ultra-Orthodox' to describe the MINORITY of extremes. Christians are notorious for picking and choosing which sins are actually important! Lordy.
Quote:
Oh please. Let's not even go there. The point is that extreme adherence is not required to make one a 'real' Muslim.

Although the Taliban and AQ and ISIS would agree with the OP on that.
Don't go where?

You might want to explain the bold, op is not even a Christian.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:30 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
You stated that Jews would never 'use the Jew Card'. I corrected you. The end. There are other instances besides orthodox on planes, but I don't want to digress. I merely wanted to correct you. You have a bias, so I will leave you to it.
It's rare though. Incidents involving Muslims are all too typical. Think cartoon jihad.

For example, Pamela Geller threatened to be beheaded by Islamic radicals in the US for drawing Muhammad.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Don't go where?

You might want to explain the bold, op is not even a Christian.
OP is Jewish. I was referring to all three major religions. The majority are on a scale of adherence. The OP thinks if one is not an extremist, one is not really of that religion. Yanno, how the Taliban teaches.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It's rare though. Incidents involving Muslims are all too typical. Think cartoon jihad.

For example, Pamela Geller threatened to be beheaded by Islamic radicals in the US for drawing Muhammad.
Right there is bold it says RADICALS.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:49 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
This metro area has around 75,000 Muslims. The local population has never reported a issue related to food in this metro area. Yet fourteen Muslims come down from New York and they state they hit a issue related to food and immediately call CAIR. Something is wrong here and it's not McDonalds.
Some want to run the place by sharia law. Being a minority is not OK with some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies