Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 06:57 AM

12 posts, read 9,988 times

Advertisements

How many politically involved evangelicals are dominionist in the US wanting to implement theocratic and barbaric Biblical law in the country.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:06 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,372,535 times
If I had to guess I'd say there were more Muslims and liberals that want to implement barbaric Sharia law than Evangelicals that want biblical law.

In either case, it wouldn't fly. Nobody has the power (yet) or the ability to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. If that day ever comes you and I will be long gone.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If I had to guess I'd say there were more Muslims and liberals that want to implement barbaric Sharia law than Evangelicals that want biblical law.

In either case, it wouldn't fly. Nobody has the power (yet) or the ability to overthrow the Constitution of the United States. If that day ever comes you and I will be long gone.
I know of no liberals who want to implement barbaric Sharia law. That is just a talking point from the right to promote anger, hatred, and division within our country.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:15 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
And I have several close friends who are evangelicals; some of them used to be Catholic or Orthodox. They didn't suddenly start ranting about it; it was a conscious decision made over a period of time -- what worked for them and their children. They also recognize that I view such an embrace as too much of a simple answer. When I visit, I respect their beliefs, as they do mine.

The problem here is with a few individuals, usually male, who are drawn to the power that goes with a leader's role; that phenomenon can be found within any organization or social group. and unfortunately, it intensifies rapidly when times are hard.

So unless a cohesive, and very strident group (and I believe that the Social Justice Warriors fit this pattern far more than the Trumpsters) are trying to force a rigid agenda on all of us, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Liberals want no religion at all in our government. That's all the conservatives' territory.
Please curb your own over-simplification; the Social Justice movement is little more than a secular "religion" of its own -- and is every bit as intolerant.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-18-2017 at 07:40 AM..

Old 10-18-2017, 07:17 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:

Considering the only groups that advocate for a theocracy are conservative Christians in this country, I do not know why you would have to "guess" anything.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I know of no liberals who want to implement barbaric Sharia law. That is just a talking point from the right to promote anger, hatred, and division within our country.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:19 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
In school we learn that the Puritans were heroes and escapees from religious persecution. In reality they were the worst kind of people and s strong strain of their thinking still survives in America today. Some of it out in the open and some of it In Traditions we don’t even think about.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't know any liberals who want any kind of theocracy, and damn few conservatives who do. I find the dominionists scarier, though, because they have a larger potential voting base: people who may not agree with their theology, but are either unaware of it or who are, but prefer any Evangelical to a more liberal candidate.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:29 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpan View Post
How many politically involved evangelicals are dominionist in the US wanting to implement theocratic and barbaric Biblical law in the country.
A few, at least. This is an interesting 'opinion' article from the Washington Post concerning Ted Cruz (born in Canada) and his father:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.1660ddc73626

Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Liberals want no religion at all in our government. That's all the conservatives' territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies