Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 02:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Trump cares about the coal companies, not the miners.
The interests of the coal companies are the interests of the coal miners, especially now.

--------------

Following along with my above post. He did not tell the out of work roofer looking out his front window at illegal immigrants putting a roof on his neighbors house that they were welcome here. What he told the out of work roofer was that he was going to enforce immigration policies and that is exactly what he is doing. If that roofer was a flaming Democrat for his entire life he voted Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 02:58 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Let me explain something because you people still don't seem to get it. Donald Trump did not lose the election because of the things he has said and done that he shouldn't have. He was elected because of things he has said and done that he should have.

For example he didn't tell coal miners his policies were going to put them out of very high paying jobs with the promise of different jobs. They have heard those broken promises before.... He told them he is going to put them to work.
How many has he put back to work so far? I haven't been keeping score.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The interests of the coal companies are the interests of the coal miners, especially now.

--------------

Following along with my above post. He did not tell the out of work roofer looking out his front window at illegal immigrants putting a roof on his neighbors house that they were welcome here. What he told the out of work roofer was that he was going to enforce immigration policies and that is exactly what he is doing. If that roofer was a flaming Democrat for his entire life he voted Trump.
Isn't it illegal to hire illegal immigrants? If so, then why isn't the owner of the roofing company in jail?

If not, what have the republicans been doing with their time since they control both branches of Congress?

Bottom Line - If Obama had said or done any of the things Trump did the republicans would be screaming to crucify him.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm no Maher fan but that was on point. And it didn't even cover 20% of what Trump has said.
It bothers me how Maher lumps all who believe in God as fools, so I have some issues with him a lot of the time, but that may have been the funniest and truest thing I have ever seen. And it could have gone on for hours.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:37 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times
I think the bigger question here is who cares? "thinking" people? liberals are completely out of their minds. it's sad at this point. they are now trying to exist in a hypothetical world to justify their mania. get a grip. 2020 ain't that far away.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:40 PM

33,584 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Taratova. Hmmm, that sounds Russian. Taratova is a Russian troll!!
You racist and bigoted against Russians? Typical racist.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:42 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Bill Maher is simply bitter. Nobody listens to him, except maybe the Trump Deranged, after his show was completely discredited here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ9Z7ybXSnM

That certainly didn't age well. LOL!

Old 08-06-2017, 04:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How many has he put back to work so far? I haven't been keeping score.
It's far to early to make any assumptions about what Trump's policies are going to do for the American worker. What I can tell you is coal production is up, oil production is up, illegal immigration is down and ICE is aggressively deporting those that are here.

I would expect the illegal immigration trend to continue and that is the only thing that can be attributed to Trump's policies. We will just have to wait and see, these things do not happen overnight.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:47 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Trump cares about the coal companies, not the miners.
Trump cares about Trump and being in the spotlight....and not much else.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:51 PM

809 posts, read 747,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama said his grandmother was a racist.. this woman who raised him.. and then said she was a typical white person.. Obama called us all racists.. those that are white.
As other's have asked, are you paid for your posts? Here's what our last president actually said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ne...-clinton-aides

I don't know if you are capable of clicking on a link so I'll share the key points:

"An Obama spokesman noted that the Illinois senator was trying to say that his grandmother has the same fears shared by many in her "generation."

"... specifically, the statement that his white grandmother gets nervous when a black man approaches her on the street.

Obama told the radio host, "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies