Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 01:28 PM

817 posts, read 753,221 times

Advertisements

Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media. This generation is in constant need for likes, fans, followers, and heaps of praise on a constant basis. Because the highly addictive “likes” have become social currency, the millennials find any form of criticism hard to take. Shying away from criticism has meant that they shy away from real-world connections with peers and superiors who might dole it out.

On My Mind: The millennials and a new work ethic | Marklives.com

I'm kind of scared for the future

Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media.

Sounds like we have a Millenial in the White House.

So I guess the answer is: when reality hits he just invent imaginary ones and call reality fake news.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:36 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Kids these days...

Old 08-07-2017, 01:50 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Sounds like we have a Millenial in the White House.

So I guess the answer is: when reality hits he just invent imaginary ones and call reality fake news.

Lol, so true. Obsessed with social media and hardly does any work.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:57 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
So which non-millenial group is the one that feels a constant need to bash other generations, makes inane stereotypes on a large swath of people, and fails to use the critical thinking skills needed to realize companies are still prosperous and moving forward despite having an "impossible to lead" millenial workforce? What do you think, OP?

I'm kind of optimistic for the future; if nothing else, there should be less people around to call millenials narcissistic and self-entitled while making the previous generation out to be the chosen ones.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:01 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Millennials are often accused of being impatient, self-entitled, narcissistic, tough to engage and impossible to lead. They place individuality ahead of community and they value extrinsic affirmation and constantly seek praise in order to get it. Modern society dishes it out to them much easier than it did to previous generations, thanks to the immediacy of social media. This generation is in constant need for likes, fans, followers, and heaps of praise on a constant basis. Because the highly addictive “likes” have become social currency, the millennials find any form of criticism hard to take. Shying away from criticism has meant that they shy away from real-world connections with peers and superiors who might dole it out.

Were you intentionally trying to describe Donald Trump in your OP or not?

Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:

You referred only to the first third of the article that discussed the negative aspects of Millennials and ignored the remainder, that was positive. A very dishonest way of reviewing something.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Really? The guy who blames President Obama for his lack of wherewithal to start his own business doesn't get to call out ANYONE for being "entitled" or to post articles about their "work ethic".

Learn to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and stop blaming others for your lack of success in life, you goddamn chump.

Last edited by Valhallian; 08-07-2017 at 02:10 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 02:25 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:

Translation: Getting old is hard and I'm confused.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:28 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Every generation has had similar criticisms of the one that came after them. Yawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies