Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 04:10 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Buzzfeed article, doubles INFOwars Life sales!!

Overnight, sales have exploded!!
Backfired!

Buzzfeed had to have spent over $50,000 in testing, to see if it met Cali standards
Well, it's nice to know that twice as many dumbtwits are spending their hard-earned cash on worthless crap. I really hope they enjoy the possible placebo effect they may receive, since there are no measurable or proven health benefits to most of his products. I guess his buyers can take pleasure in belonging to an even bigger company of fools.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It comforts idiots to know they're not alone.

But 10,000 idiots who happily give their money to a con man are still all idiots.

Are you number 10,001?

Alex Jones hopes you are, for sure.

I don't believe this is like insurance... No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to support INFOwars ability to report about breaking news and have time to really break it down with guess that know their chit and not a 2 minute segment skimming over it.

Liberty... You have yours and everyone else has theirs. Problems arise, when I start thinking for you. So, don't feel you need to think for me.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:27 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
The lab finds there is nothing in it, that is not listed on the containers.
They could not find that Jones was lying about anything, to discredit him over.

All they could do, is slam the private labeled products he resells as ineffective. LOL!!!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarz...9x7#.reprAAw12

They are trying to figure out a way to shutdown this guys funding.... But Alex Jones has thought far enough in the future, to have been way ahead of them.

Buzzfeed found exactly what one would expect, cheap junk sold at super high prices to folks who believe anything..

from OPs link...
Quote:
But just because the products' ingredients matched their labels doesn't mean they lived up to Jones' claims. Survival Shield X-2, for example, "is just plain iodine, the same stuff doctors used to pour on surfaces as a disinfectant," Labdoor's results read

it is snake oil sold to suckers... but Alex is not alone there are hundreds of flimflam men and women selling junk through religions, scare mongering etc... Jones is just bleeding money from hard right loons...
Quote:
Labdoor suggests that there is no real research to show that many of Super Vitality's ingredients are effective. One ingredient — Tribulus terrestris — "seems to increase libido in rats" but only improves erectile disfunction "in one lone human study," according to Labdoor. And the lab notes that the serving size in both serums is "way too small for this combination of ingredients to be effective."

Old 08-11-2017, 04:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Buzzfeed found exactly what one would expect, cheap junk sold at super high prices to folks who believe anything..

from OPs link...

it is snake oil sold to suckers... but Alex is not alone there are hundreds of flimflam men and women selling junk through religions, scare mongering etc... Jones is just bleeding money from hard right loons...

You do not want to ingest Plain Iodine!!!
Nasin Iodine is not Plain over the counter topical Iodine, that will eat a hole in your stomach quickly.

The stuff passes Strict California Standards, for oral consumption.

All the products are the same products Whole Foods private labels and sells, getting great reviews from the same lab. Identical stuff just different packaging.
The Label INFOwars Life, is the bad ingredient.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is hilarious.

People who trust in InfoWars are dropping cash on overpriced supplements like crazy. Serves them right.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
All those people that bought Gold (most of Hate Radio promoted it for decades) either lost money or made little or none.

Proving that - they all love the uneducated.

A couple examples - a LOT of Gold was sold when GW destroyed the economy (2007)- prices were about 600 an oz.
Today, about 10-11 years later, it's 1200.
That's about a best-case scenario of 7% per year compounded.

If you bought the DOW or S&P at the same time - your $600 would have turned into $1700 - in other words, you would have made almost DOUBLE the money ($1100 profit as opposed to $600).....

A better example - for those in on conspiracies in the 1980's, you would have bought Gold at the same price - $600 an oz - and not made a single dime in 25 years. If you held on until today you may have made 2% compounded.

But if you bought the Dow or S&P in 1981 - $600 worth - would now be worth 20X as much - or $12,000

Let's see - should I take $1200 or $12,000?

Next things Alex will be selling his urine - dried and mixed with his powdered toenails.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:24 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
On a lighter note, when I first saw the header for this thread, I mis-read it, and thought it would be about these:

Neuticles.com

So your neutered pet doesn't feel ashamed...

Rush Limbaugh used to promote these. I am embarrassed that I know that.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:52 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
You can go to Whole Foods and buy the most of the same exact products, private labelled for Whole Foods and pay more. That is your liberty.
He never said people don't have the right or shouldn't have the right to do that.

It's not about liberty.

He said it was stupid.

Liberty sometimes called for stupidity. It happens all the time. Free speech allows me to be a communist; that doesn't mean being a communist is a good idea.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:28 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
I don't believe this is like insurance... No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to support INFOwars ability to report about breaking news and have time to really break it down with guess that know their chit and not a 2 minute segment skimming over it.

Liberty... You have yours and everyone else has theirs. Problems arise, when I start thinking for you. So, don't feel you need to think for me.
Bent, I don't have the need to think for you. That's a good thing, because if I did, I would worry about what the gobbldegook above means. What is a guess that knows supposed to mean? And what does Alex Jones have to do with life insurance? What's chit? I know what a chit is, but the word makes no sense here.

Better buy some more snake oil. The stuff you're taking isn't working.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:36 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
On a lighter note, when I first saw the header for this thread, I mis-read it, and thought it would be about these:

Neuticles.com

So your neutered pet doesn't feel ashamed...

Rush Limbaugh used to promote these. I am embarrassed that I know that.
Wow...
Leave it to Rush to advertise phony dog testicles.

Leave it to Alex Jones to rip the name off and use it on cut-rate chopped hay pills.

Leave it to Bent to think it's really hot breaking news.

What a world.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Wow...
Leave it to Rush to advertise phony dog testicles.

Leave it to Alex Jones to rip the name off and use it on cut-rate chopped hay pills.

Leave it to Bent to think it's really hot breaking news.

What a world.
I have no idea if the name was copied or not, although it sure does seem awfully similar.

I only know that my first thought was, "Wow, are they still making those?"

Guess they are. Some people have too much disposable income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies