Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 12:31 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Still here (was getting a library book to read while I ate!) ... the same answer that is true for so many terrorists. Most tend to be unstable, easily subject to influence. The guy was hanging around a bunch of KKKs/Nazis. Almost certainly was involved with the movement online.
You don't know that's why he did it.

There's video of others cars doing the exact same thing he did when his car was attacked from behind. The drivers fled forward. All of them.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:14 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
EDITORIAL: The Charlottesville disease continues - Washington Times

Old 08-27-2017, 02:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The picture of Fields stopped while revving his engine, in front of the crowd and letting the person in the white shirt with the black backpack pass in front of his car, will probably be used by his lawyers to prove that Fields didn't have the intent to run people down. It also may be why he is charged with second-degree instead of first-degree.

Fields at that point was stopped. Fields revved his engine, similar to honking, to warn those in the street to move out of the way so that he could pass.

I think only one state, North Carolina, had enacted a law saying that if a person carefully drives through a crowd of protesters on the street, and possibly hits one or more, then that person cannot be held liable. If that person does not do so carefully then they could be held liable. I'm not positive if NC actually passed that law, I did a quick search, and, I see both yes and no links during the search.

A handful of other states, North Dakota, Florida, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Texas, have bills pending to allow people to carefully drive through protesters. I don't know if any of those bills had passed or not at this time.
The picture of Fields stopped while revving his engine indicates he was preparing to launch (maximum speed possible for short distance by revving engine with brake on. Then releasing brake when motor at high RPMs) his car into the crowd. I believe that picture shows intent and planning thus 1st degree homicide.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:19 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You don't know that's why he did it.

There's video of others cars doing the exact same thing he did when his car was attacked from behind. The drivers fled forward. All of them.
Did all those "other cars" end up killing and maiming people like your little Neo-Nazi friend?

Old 08-27-2017, 02:21 PM

Two Men Have Been Arrested In Relation To Violence From Charlottesville Rally

Daniel P. Borden, 18, from Ohio for his part in the beating of DeAndre Harris and Richard W. Preston, 52, from Maryland was arrested and charging with discharging a firearm near Corey Long who was the man in the now-infamous photograph standing next to an elderly man and using a bottle of aerosol spray turned fire spray.

Two Men Have Been Arrested In Relation To Violence From Charlottesville Rally | The FADER

Last edited by Pruzhany; 08-27-2017 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-27-2017, 02:23 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
The only question for Fields, at this point in time, is whether he will ever be a free man again, and whether or not a rightwing white male will be tried as a terrorist by the Justice Dept. Considering our AG is possibly sympathetic to white supremacists (speculation here) I have a feeling that Sessions is going to try and prove he isn't by going after Fields as a terrorist and thereby "prove" he is not a closet supporter of white supremacists like his boss Trump is.

Fields tried to kill multiple people with his car, but as far as terrorists go, he has the mental makeup of most white supremacists, which is to say he is not very bright. If he wanted to kill more people he surely would not have plowed his car at a high rate of speed into the bumper of a car that was stopped. I'm fairly certain his defense lawyer will be using this argument in his defense.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:24 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Did all those "other cars" end up killing and maiming people like your little Neo-Nazi friend?
He's not my friend. He's presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt just like any other US citizen. And those other cars fleeing attack blew through a stop sign at an intersection and nearly caused a 4-car collision at an intersection at which pedestrians were also present. The carnage could have been far worse. It was a miracle that it wasn't.

Any questions?

Old 08-27-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
We're all those "other cars" blocked in with no escape from a mob chasing them?

Old 08-27-2017, 02:29 PM

An Exclusive Look At How Virginia Police Emptied Emancipation Park
Read Exactly How Police Cleared Protests | The Daily Caller

Old 08-27-2017, 02:31 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Two Men Have Been Arrested In Relation To Violence From Charlottesville Rally

Daniel P. Borden, 18, from Ohio for his part in the beating of DeAndre Harris and Richard W. Preston, 52, was arrested and charging with discharging a firearm near Corey Long who was the man in the now-infamous photograph standing next to an elderly man and using a bottle of aerosol spray turned fire spray.

Two Men Have Been Arrested In Relation To Violence From Charlottesville Rally | The FADER
Ha Ha, the "former" Klan member is charged with a felony and, if convicted, won't be able to legally possess firearms again. And that is a big deal to a nut job like that racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies