Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:36 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
You're completely wrong. It just isn't a thing. Deal with it.

Being 'proud' of White heritage is racist because everywhere you look, you see White people. On TV, in the movies. What 'heritage' is there to be proud of? Hell, what heritage do White people even have??? That doesn't involve violence and oppressing others, I mean.

The reason why minorities take pride in themselves is because, in the past, they were made to feel less than human or 'sick' (in the case of LGBT). They don't see themselves represented in the media as much and still face struggles to this day.

Not saying White men have to be ashamed of who they are (although I would be), but don't be clueless. Google is free and available 24/7. There is no reason to live in the dark these days unless you want to.

What a ridiculous concept. So there's a double standard in all of this?

No agenda there, apparently.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 AM

613 posts, read 463,767 times
Unless you were raised in a Black household, it's probably a good idea to refrain from speaking on how we're raided. I saw how awful certain people are all on my own. My parents didn't teach me to look at any race any particular way. Clearly, I can't say the same for most of CD.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:02 AM

613 posts, read 463,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I am proud of my British ancestry, or "white" if that is what you want to hear. What heritage do we have? Really? My ancestors founded this nation, brought thier language, culture and faith in God to this continent. Now here is the red meat your looking for.....my ancestors brought civilization to this continent as well. Don't like that? Not PC? Oh well, it is fact. Because of the success of my ancestors in creating this nation there is now an advanced civilization here, a place where you know you will eat every day, you won't die of smallpox or malaria, a place where the rule of law keeps you safe, a place where new technology is always improving the way of life. Turn on the lights today? Thank Thomas Edison, drive your car? Than Henry ford, enjoy being on the internet? Thank Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. These white men built the world you enjoy. I am tired of people telling me I should be ashamed of my ancestors, I am not and never will be. Think I am a racist? I just don't care how many snowflakes think I am racist, I know I am not.

You have the right to proud of your ancestors and I have the right to be proud of mine. My ancestors made mistakes, did things they shouldn't have, but I guarantee yours did too. Overall the improvements western civilization has brought to the world vastly overshadows its shortcomings and errors. You wonder why so many white people voted for trump? Why we are standing up against PC? Maybe we're just plain done with constantly being blamed for all the troubles of the world.
This post is borderline offensive. So are you saying the rape, murder, and enslavement of millions of people were worth it because.....what, we have computers now? Only a White person could say something so trash.

You don't know what the natives could've created because your ancestors stole their country and killed most of them. And there are thriving cities all over Africa. We really didn't need you.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
You're completely wrong. It just isn't a thing. Deal with it.

Being 'proud' of White heritage is racist because everywhere you look, you see White people. On TV, in the movies. What 'heritage' is there to be proud of? Hell, what heritage do White people even have??? That doesn't involve violence and oppressing others, I mean.

The reason why minorities take pride in themselves is because, in the past, they were made to feel less than human or 'sick' (in the case of LGBT). They don't see themselves represented in the media as much and still face struggles to this day.

Not saying White men have to be ashamed of who they are (although I would be), but don't be clueless. Google is free and available 24/7. There is no reason to live in the dark these days unless you want to.
I'm no going there with a right or wrong here. I will say that you're taking what I've said out of context. White, Black Brown whatever is only a part of one's heritage, and thus is not a stand alone feature in any sort of "pride". Which I tried to explain, but ya missed it. Like I said, not all Whites are European, any more than all Blacks are African or Hispanics South American.

I explained well enough what I feel I have to be proud of in my culture and heritage (which is unique and distinct) and being of White skin is a reflection of my history in that regard. Had to come from somewhere. And there's no opprof anyone in my family history in a time period that's anywhere near relevant to now. Though there is some obscure history that points to having been oppressed by the Romans at some point. Which isn't special as bout every race of people was beat up on by them at some point.

I'm no way buying into the guilt thing. That's just plain silly. That's just saying that because someone is of White tone they owe you something by default. That's just blatant self pity that's expected to be enabled. Nahh. So minorities have been made to feel less than human (but only by people with White skin iyo) and thus have a cause for pride? And the shame yo believe say I should feel over this should see me lowering my eyes, removing my hat and standing aside when I see you coming? Lol, get right on that.

In terms of wrongs done to me and mine, in this relevant time period, "minorites" have caused us grievous injury, and never have we done anything to warrant that. Yet I dont, and never have, held that against every person of the same skin color (or sexual orientation) as those who inflicted the injury. I don't expect every Hispanic male to feel shame for the grievous and brutal harm done to a tiny lady who was just walking to her car. Harm that eventually greatly contributed to her death.
Those were the actions of one man. Not every Hispanic who has ever lived. By your logic all the latter should feel shame for that, and I even have a right to expect that. By your reasoning, whereas every person of a certain color of skin and ethnicity is guilty for the sins of all such, and thereby owe some penance to you based merely on your ethnicity /skin color.

However, I'm satisfied, though far from content, that the individual paid the price for his evil, and I don't see his face in all others who physically resemble him. If I did, I would be a very angry and hateful man. Borderline if not totally I sane with it. Sounds like a very miserable place to put oneself in. Instead, I continue as I have Si ce that happened, volunteering at a women's center. Doing what I can for others as I did for my lady when she was still with me. That's a source of pride for me, and ties in with everything else. And my skin color does factor in, because I didn't let hate burn me up and divide myself because of it. Or hold it against anyone else out of hand.

In that vein there is something I fail to understand in terms of "pride" felt by "minorities" in the mere matter of color. Ties into that whole having been made to feel subhuman thing. Bitterness over oppression whether perceived or actual. This is something you have projected yourself here. Let's call it the payback syndrome. Where a wrong done somewhere in the past is used to justify even worse wrongs to the offending group in the future. And perpetrated as a matter of pride, or projection of newfound power. The person who attacked my lady had it. The things he said to her while carrying out the attack, the basis for a not guilty plea and construction of a defense.

She was targeted because she was White. The defense council (who was a "minority as well though not the same as his client) actually presented that as a justified motive. This motive being justified because of "oppression" and a sense of "pride" and of course the shame of White skin tone. This was not the entire basis, but it was central, and the rest was based on having been triggered by her "arrogant White attitude.

This is wrong. Very, very wrong. This is also the point of view that your posts are projecting, and I've seen the same a lot here. This is what even a simple perception of someone who is White being anything more than ashamed of that can trigger. How can anyone, of any skin color, say that's OK for any reason? This is however a big part of the reasoning behind all the hatred that is boiling up right now.
That things are becoming increasingly violent is no surprise

One act of hatred and violence begets another begets another. And this can be set off by just a perception. And this can also be used to defend an justify horrible and vicious acts. And the law is allowing this as well, while applying a double standard that is being itself justified based on wrongs perpetrated by people who are long dead. The pride I have in my own heritage I actually only take back to three generations. Since my family came West. We have plenty to be proud of in our beritage, and none of it was accomplished via anyone being oppressed by us.

Thus when someone says that by virtue of having White skin alone we should burn with shame, basing this on history going back centuries and having to do with acts we had NOTHING to do with, and even justifying doing grievous harm to my loved ones based on those acts I tend to be dismissive of that. To put it mildly. And still I have not answered hate with hate. I won't become a part of the problem. My having pride in my own accomplishment ts and those of my family, and being quite comfortable in my skin does not contribute to the problem. Rather than taking my lady's death and using it as a justification for hate and bitterness I find reasons not to. I remember she was a nurse. A healer. She spent her life helping people. ALL people. She sacrificed and gave freely of herself.

That's the jumping off point for the next chapter of my book. Doing her proper honor by pride in who and what she was a d how she made me better. And not allowing hate and anger to taint that. THAT is the White heritage I have and damn straight I'm proud to busting with it. What was it you said? "Deal with it?" And I say that with no animosity. Just as a statement of things as they are.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
This post is borderline offensive. So are you saying the rape, murder, and enslavement of millions of people were worth it because.....what, we have computers now? Only a White person could say something so trash.

You don't know what the natives could've created because your ancestors stole their country and killed most of them. And there are thriving cities all over Africa. We really didn't need you.
My post "offends" you because it's true. You may not like it, but it is all true. You want me to be ashamed of my heritage, well I'm not. You are so used to demonizing white people that you cannot acknowledge the good that has come from western civilization. All you want to see is how my ancestors were evil, slave masters, conquerors and imperialists. Why do you expect white people to just go along with that liberal narrative of our heritage? Do you think we do not know what our people have accomplished? Obviously we also know the sins our ancestors committed, but do you think it's our duty to be forever guilty? Forever apologizing? That is not going to happen. I will say again, all peoples have done wrong to other races at some point in thier past, it is an unfortunate part of human nature. Why are white people always expected to accept some kind of guilt for thier sins while other races are not?

Show me a race not guilty of abusing a weaker neighbor, of not enslaving or selling people to enslavement, of not mistreating thier women and children, of not being warmongers, show me. White people are no different than any other group of sinful people on this earth. The reality is that a lot of people just think it's ok to hate white people and they use our past, most of it hundreds of years old to denigrate our people. Those who hate me because of the color of my skin are racists, pure and simple.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:00 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

Funny how you lump all white people together as all having the same ancestors. All whites aren't related to each other. We're only related to our own family trees.

No land was stolen that wasn't owned. There were no immigration laws back then and no one was an original native to this country/continent. They all migrated here. There was plenty of killing on both sides.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:02 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
My post "offends" you because it's true. You may not like it, but it is all true. You want me to be ashamed of my heritage, well I'm not. You are so used to demonizing white people that you cannot acknowledge the good that has come from western civilization. All you want to see is how my ancestors were evil, slave masters, conquerors and imperialists. Why do you expect white people to just go along with that liberal narrative of our heritage? Do you think we do not know what our people have accomplished? Obviously we also know the sins our ancestors committed, but do you think it's our duty to be forever guilty? Forever apologizing? That is not going to happen. I will say again, all peoples have done wrong to other races at some point in thier past, it is an unfortunate part of human nature. Why are white people always expected to accept some kind of guilt for thier sins while other races are not?

Show me a race not guilty of abusing a weaker neighbor, of not enslaving or selling people to enslavement, of not mistreating thier women and children, of not being warmongers, show me. White people are no different than any other group of sinful people on this earth. The reality is that a lot of people just think it's ok to hate white people and they use our past, most of it hundreds of years old to denigrate our people. Those who hate me because of the color of my skin are racists, pure and simple.

Good post, and no one alive today should be held accountable or feel guilty about anything that dead people did long ago based on skin color or race.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:17 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
I'm paranoid that they are going to create a special income tax that's just for white guys so I try and hide it.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Exactly. We celebrate our Bavarian heritage, which is totally different than saying 'white pride'.. The history goes back a long way, and it's a marvelous region of the world..

I mean-who wouldn't be proud of schnitzels and Heffeweisen?

We have Bavarian dinners every 3-4 months or so!

That looks like my nightly meal of venison, or pork steaks.

3-4 months???

Old 08-14-2017, 03:30 PM

322 posts, read 286,493 times
Why does white pride have to be based on violence, murder, supremacy, and anger?

All other races express their pride with peace and parades...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies