Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 04:55 PM

691 posts, read 421,511 times

Advertisements

if you are at any race rally for any reason you are racist.

nice and simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 04:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,752,534 times
It's interesting watching the fallout from some of these white supremacists from this weekend. The student from UNR is being made famous when all his classmates started recognizing him and commenting on Twitter. Now he's:

1. Front page on the Reno Gazette Journal

UNR student pictured at Charlottesville rally: Things 'spiraling out of control'

2. Topic on local nightly news

UNR Student Talks After Marching in Charlottesville White Nation - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

3. Being disavowed by the Nevada senator Dean Heller who posed with him in a photograph

Heller: 'No room' in America, UNR or GOP for white nationalism

Imagine how hard it's going to be to get a job after this whether he continues pursuing his degree or not. He also worked for the university, not sure if he still does.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,771,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No I meant the 4th. A private person or employer can't just search you since they wouldn't be the government doing it without a warrant.
Actually they can if it is a condition of your employment. Many high tech firms require their employees to go through searchs before leaving the premises.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's interesting watching the fallout from some of these white supremacists from this weekend. The student from UNR is being made famous when all his classmates started recognizing him and commenting on Twitter. Now he's:

1. Front page on the Reno Gazette Journal

UNR student pictured at Charlottesville rally: Things 'spiraling out of control'

2. Topic on local nightly news

UNR Student Talks After Marching in Charlottesville White Nation - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

3. Being disavowed by the Nevada senator Dean Heller who posed with him in a photograph

Heller: 'No room' in America, UNR or GOP for white nationalism

Imagine how hard it's going to be to get a job after this whether he continues pursuing his degree or not. He also worked for the university, not sure if he still does.
And this is where I draw the line. It is a public uni, part of the government, and as such they should not be allowed to fire this moron or expel him.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:58 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,835,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The irony is you think communism is equivalent to racism. At its core, white nationalism or supremacy or whatever you want to call it is about denying people their rights. Changing the demographics of the country based on race is literally against the constitution. The beliefs of white nationals are fundamentaly unconstitutional at a minimum. You would not be able to find anything in the organizations website that is unconstitutional. More nonsense.
Actually, at it's core nationalism of any kind is about protecting and maintaining that culture whether it is white, black, hispanic, American, German, Nordic or whatever. At it's core it's not about denying anyone else anything. I live in a place where I'm outnumbered by people of other cultures who refuse to adapt to our country and culture and want to have their own closed culture within our society but that's not denying me anything.

19,966 posts, read 7,900,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
if you are at any race rally for any reason you are racist.

nice and simple
That's the problem. Only whites are considered racist which is racist itself.

If that's the way it's going to be, then I personally reject the idea that whites can be racist.

36,853 posts, read 17,413,328 times
Quote:
So employers should tolerate employees who will potentially cost them business? So you are advocating for guaranteed jobs. Sounds pretty communist to me.
We already have guaranteed service for bakers making cakes, no?

Let's be morally and logically consistent. Let the free market decide. No rights infringed upon and no involuntary 3rd party involvement.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:59 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's the problem. Only whites are considered racist which is racist itself.

If that's the way it's going to be, then I personally reject the idea that whites can be racist.
Anyone can be racist. Where have you heard otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Actually, at it's core nationalism of any kind is about protecting and maintaining that culture whether it is white, black, hispanic, American, German, Nordic or whatever. At it's core it's not about denying anyone else anything. I live in a place where I'm outnumbered by people of other cultures who refuse to adapt to our country and culture and want to have their own closed culture within our society but that's not denying me anything.
The white nationalist on this thread has said one of his core beliefs is returning America to its white original demographic. likewise a white ethnic state is a stated objective of nearly all white nationalist movements. You do not get to redefine them.

19,966 posts, read 7,900,054 times
Quote:
Actually they can if it is a condition of your employment. Many high tech firms require their employees to go through searchs before leaving the premises.
Well that's what happens when we gave up our 1st amendment rights. We lost all rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies