Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 04:17 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The councils may or may not be necessary but it is the 'idea' that nobody wants to work with this administration that may potentially work against this administration.
Anyone in the arts is a snowflake so easily bullied. They all want to appear cool and be loved and admired. I used to work in that world so know whereof I speak! Good riddance.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Anyone in the arts is a snowflake so easily bullied. They all want to appear cool and be loved and admired. I used to work in that world so know whereof I speak! Good riddance.
Actually, no... Based on your generalizations, I highly doubt you do.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
While Trump's backers continue to support him regardless of his failure and simply UNCOUTHNESS... Businesses and others are mass exiting Councils and Committees.. But what jumped out to me and will BOTHER HEIR TRUMP is when 3 charities cancel Mar-a-Lago events amid Trump backlash!!! Businesses fleeing the committees in WH .. a number of other committee's are too. Now business is going to hit HIS wallet too!!

I can tell you, IF there's something that bothers Trump more than having HIS PERSONAL Agenda/$$$ in his POCKET when his BRAND being downgraded LOOK OUT! The priority to Trump is padding his POCKET.

Ivanka/Kushner/Donald Jr/Eric Trump are are going to be directly affected.. Money laundering etc etc etc and there's NO WAY his POTUS status will be able to save the TRUMP BRAND!! It's not just America.. but INTERNATIONALLY!!

Once Trump realizes there's no BENEFIT to him.. He'll bail.. Just wait and see!!

Old 08-18-2017, 04:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
He was going to Camp David with his generals last I heard to discuss war strategy in Afghanistan. Posters here who only watch and read opposition media never know what's really going on.

I'm hoping Trump is also having the place searched for listening and surveillance devices.

What's to discuss? Bring every American home and wish the Afghanis well .

Old 08-18-2017, 04:22 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Citing Trump remarks, entire president's arts council quits - ABC News

If you look at the first letter in each paragraph it spells RESIST. love it!

Maybe it was just a matter of these artists no longer being able to serve someone who has gilded plumbing fixtures.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:32 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
He's NOT on vacation. The White House is having extensive renovations done. Should he stay there with no air conditioning? All kinds of power tools making noise, contractors walking in and out of rooms?

I guess it's taking some time to install the revolving door in the West Wing.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Citing Trump remarks, entire president's arts council quits - ABC News

If you look at the first letter in each paragraph it spells RESIST. love it!

This is starting to snowball and I don't see any out for trump other than resigning!

Old 08-18-2017, 07:05 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Quote:
What do you consider art? Music, film, tv, literature, etc.?

Old 08-18-2017, 08:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
All your ranting and raving means nothing. Appearances are nobody wants to work with Trump.

Doesn't matter what you think of people in the Art world, corporate world, etc. Just doesn't matter.

This administration has a PR disaster on their hands right now.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:18 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I hope my tax dollars weren't being wasted on this "art council".
You mean on things like STATUES? Trump supporters suddenly became fans of statues this week. Those come out of funds for the arts. Maybe they'll have to dispose of the removed statues because they can't find a home for them, or don't have the funds to re-install them elsewhere because the arts council was disbanded and didn't come up with a needed plan for re-homing 29 statues of Robert E Lee and his horse.

Maybe some investor will buy them and open a new theme park called KKK-ville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies