Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 09:10 PM

1,147 posts, read 720,105 times

Advertisements

A white supremacist is an American who is disconnected from their ancestors' cultures. They lack identity, so they've tried to create one through their skin colour.

These people have probably never travelled outside the United States.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,897,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
A white supremacist is an American who is disconnected from their ancestors' cultures. They lack identity, so they've tried to create one through their skin colour.

These people have probably never travelled outside the United States.
That's a dumb , nonsensical and anti-American thing to say. Plenty of Americans are connected the their ancestor's culture. They are the ones trying to prevent the culture from being torn down and washed away.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:22 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,656,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
You do know Japanese, Chinese, and other countries are regularly called out for xenophobia right? "White people" are called out more in the US because... we are Americans. Why would we spend more time talking about Japan's problems than we do our own problems.
I was just thinking about this - racism is widespread around the world. Asians have along history of racism, for example. Heck, I know light skinned black people who are racists against black people with really dark skin. Many non-white Americans are racists against white people. But it's all about white people for some reason.

And there are the cultural differences. I don't like rap or hip hop and find some of really offensive. It doesn't mean I'm a racist.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:38 PM

736 posts, read 354,594 times
I don't like white supremacy groups or any racist group. Personally, I think the success of a particular group is greatly determine by culture. If Blacks were to inherit the same culture as Asian like Korans or Japans, then I think Black could be as successful as Asians.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 PM

736 posts, read 354,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I was just thinking about this - racism is widespread around the world. Asians have along history of racism, for example. Heck, I know light skinned black people who are racists against black people with really dark skin. Many non-white Americans are racists against white people. But it's all about white people for some reason.

And there are the cultural differences. I don't like rap or hip hop and find some of really offensive. It doesn't mean I'm a racist.
I think you are confusing preference with racism. A racist will never accept a person who she or he is racist regardless of their appearance, character, accomplishments, or education.

The black commentary in your quote has more to do with the believe that lighter blacks are more beautiful. This happens in other parts of the world too. Like in India. No matter how beautiful a women looks, if she is dark skin there is no place for such a women in the entertainment industry. The BBC did a report about this. A dark skin dancer who was beautiful was decline the lead roll due her darker skin and was given to a less talent dancer, but with a lighter skin. The problem is created due to the entertainment industry promoting the idea that lighter skin is more beautiful. If you haven't notice, most of the women actress and singers who are black are lighter skin. That affects males less, but is still prevalent. The same problem exist in all over South America. One only needs to look at Mexican shows to notice the favoritism or preference of white Mexicans. Take a look at all the news reporters in any Mexican channel. You notice that majority can easily pass as white if weren't for their accent.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:00 PM

6,477 posts, read 4,092,486 times
Well people call out the Japanese and Fhinese all the time but one reason why they are respected more than white countries. Is Japan denies entry of everyone that isn't Japanese. They don't make a claim to preserve asianess or whatever but to preserve Japanese culture. If Poland refused to take in any immigrants to preserve polish culture no one would care. Iceland does this and no one currently cares about Iceland.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:08 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
OK but who believes this? Even white nationalist, advocates, and separatist etc don't necessarily believe that. They primarily argue races differ in compatibility, culture and interchangeability and have plenty of evidence to support it. But they are all labeled "white supremacist".

I'd appreciate any replies to the three examples I posed.
They were marching in the streets with their torches saying "Jews will not replace us". Pretty bizarre don't you think.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
I don't like white supremacy groups or any racist group. Personally, I think the success of a particular group is greatly determine by culture. If Blacks were to inherit the same culture as Asian like Korans or Japans, then I think Black could be as successful as Asians.
People inherit the culture they created. So is your philosophy the reason why non-whites want to push whites out of America and the West? They think they are identical and interchangeable and they'll own the culture and it run the same or better? I don't think so.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They were marching in the streets with their torches saying "Jews will not replace us". Pretty bizarre don't you think.
Not anymore bizarre than saying "hands up don't shoot", or yelling "Nazi! Nazi! supremacist! supremacist!".

Old 08-20-2017, 10:41 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not anymore bizarre than saying "hands up don't shoot", or yelling "Nazi! Nazi! supremacist! supremacist!".
How does this compare with someone saying "hands up, don't shoot". That means they are complying with authorities. And yelling Nazi is something we should all do when white supremacists want to get rid of Jews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.