Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 02:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
cant really speak for any of those people who you say said those things. I think white america has a culture, especially people whose families have been here for generations. IMO, people are aware of racism within their own cultures but they may not share it with white people because it's just not their culture so they assume they probably don't have an interest or understanding. If you have a good friend who is Asian, Latino, black, etc and you ask them for their honest opinion about it they might share.
Oh they share it lots of times, they think they're sneaky and clever by hiding behind and parroting liberal talking points, but many people see right through it. There were and still are blatantly violent attacks on anyone supporting the Republican nominee now President.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:39 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,774,514 times
the difference between a white supremist and a white nationalist: a white supremist wants whites to be on top controlling the affairs of all other races. A white nationalist doesn't want any control over other races but wants our own schools, neighborhoods, history to be taught, etc. White nationalists want a white world where their children can grow up under a white value system in their own white territories. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think that most so called white supremists are really that but almost all are white nationalists.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:40 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
the liberals will keep changing/expanding the definition to help their agenda just like they did by calling everyone racist

Old 08-21-2017, 02:42 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
White supremacy can't just mean anything and everything without meaning nothing or just opposition to everything white and being anti-white racism. So what is and isn't "white supremacy"?
White supremacy ideology entails believing that whites/European are superior to other people genetically and socially. That is what it is.

Quote:
Are historically white majority nations such as America and the West remaining white majority "white supremacy"?
Note, "the West" is not a nation. America today is not a nation filled with white supremacists. Please see above definition. Having a majority of a particular group is not the same as believing in a white supremacy ideology.

Quote:
Is asserting that racial/cultural groups differ in various ways and in compatibility "white supremacy"?
All cultures are different. However, if you believe yours is superior than another's you have a supremacist view from an ideological perspective.

Quote:
Are various different group outcomes among different identity groups "white supremacy"?
White supremacy ideology is defined above. It doesn't have to do with any other "identity groups" and is not specific to all white/European people. Only special ones who think they are very special

Quote:
Seems like it's just a meaningless and derogatory label to silence, disenfranchise and displace whites.
It is a label that has been around for decades and is specific to special people who believe that white skin makes them superior to all other people both genetically and culturally. Putting a name to a phenomenon does not disenfranchise anyone or displace whites. The vast majority of whites do not follow a white supremacist ideology. Those who feel displaced and silenced about their supremacist views, feel that way because they are racists white supremacists who want everyone to agree that they are "special" and deserve "special treatment" just because they are white and in their minds superior to all other types of humans in the country and/or world.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:43 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:
The former and the latter are intertwined. I never said "all". I implied in net. So you have created a strawman, an apples and oranges comparison and a non sequitur. Good job .
What does "in net" mean when you're talking about people? When you say "Dogs bite"... that kind of implies you mean most if not all dogs bite. If you don't mean that, be clearer with your language.

If you do mean that, let me rephrase my question delicately so you can understand. You are OK thinking most/in net/in practicality/whatever term you want to dance around non-whites want to kick white people out, and yet you think it's ridiculous for most liberals to think all white people are white supremacists? Seems to me both are pretty foolish, but your narrative seems to always go one way.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:44 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Actually there is rather problem.

Steve Brannon unabashedly said that beriberi news was the platform of the alt-right. Trump then brings Brannon into his inner circle.

It is too late for Brannon to now take that back years later by calling them clowns.

This is what the Republican Party voted for. Facts. Not fake news,
what on earth is 'beriberi news'?

I thought that was a vitamin deficiency.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
Quote:
Oh they share it lots of times, they think they're sneaky and clever by hiding behind and parroting liberal talking points, but many people see right through it. There were and still are blatantly violent attacks on anyone supporting the Republican nominee now President.
I don't know what this has to do with what I said. I wasn't saying anything about President Trump. I was talking about racism within ethnic groups.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
the difference between a white supremist and a white nationalist: a white supremist wants whites to be on top controlling the affairs of all other races. A white nationalist doesn't want any control over other races but wants our own schools, neighborhoods, history to be taught, etc. White nationalists want a white world where their children can grow up under a white value system in their own white territories. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think that most so called white supremists are really that but almost all are white nationalists.
White nationalist want their own "nation" hence the term "nationalist."

A white person can easily moved to a nation of majority white/European people and also can move to a neighborhood in America of majority white people.

However, most white nationalist are also white supremacists (FWIW this is the same with black nationalist/supremacists). They believe they are better than other people and don't want to be around other people so they want to have their own "nation."

Practically all race/ethnic nationalists hold supremacists views. If they did not, they wouldn't want to live in a homogenous society in order to escape other ethnic groups.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
A white supremacist is an American who is disconnected from their ancestors' cultures. They lack identity, so they've tried to create one through their skin colour.

These people have probably never travelled outside the United States.
I agree with this 100%

Most white supremacists have no knowledge of their cultural heritage.

They also falsely believe that black people take pride in our skin color instead of our black American culture. We do not have a specific heritage to celebrate.

White supremacists actually could do some genealogical research and learn their ethnic roots if they wanted but they are lazy and don't care to know about their actual cultural roots to celebrate them and see how a majority of ethncities in America in particular have similar stories of hard work, perseverance, and triumph.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
White supremacy ideology entails believing that whites/European are superior to other people genetically and socially. That is what it is.

So it seems like there is even a consensus among liberals, that white nationalist, leave alone immigration restrictionist, aren't necessarily white supremacist. So why does the establishment in the media and politics label it all so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies