Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:45 PM

1,323 posts, read 591,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
I don't like white supremacy groups or any racist group. Personally, I think the success of a particular group is greatly determine by culture. If Blacks were to inherit the same culture as Asian like Korans or Japans, then I think Black could be as successful as Asians.
We'll considering that 73% of American blacks are educated, gainfully employed, are members of either the middle class, upper class or 5%, I would say black people don't need to inherit anything from anyone. Their success, if you bother long enough to educate yourself, is just as good as anyone else.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:54 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,788,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
White supremacy can't just mean anything and everything without meaning nothing or just opposition to everything white and being anti-white racism. So what is and isn't "white supremacy"?

Are historically white majority nations such as America and the West remaining white majority "white supremacy"?

Is asserting that racial/cultural groups differ in various ways and in compatibility "white supremacy"?

Are various different group outcomes among different identity groups "white supremacy"?

Seems like it's just a meaningless and derogatory label to silence, disenfranchise and displace whites.
The liberal answer to all those questions is "yes". A "white supremacist" is any white person who differs significantly in their views on race from the NYT, the Democratic Party and Harvard's African American Studies department.

IMO "white supremacy" is white people being entitled to rule over others, and non-whites lacking the same rights and privileges as whites under the law. The miniscule number of people who desire that are the actual white supremacists.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,674,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
America wasn't historically white. And no, white people are not better than anybody else. I wish all those who advocate white supremacy would take a DNA test. Humans migrated from Africa around 200,000 years ago, just so you know.
Much longer ago than that. "Traditionally, Native Americans are believed to have descended from northeast Asia, arriving over a land bridge between Siberia and Alaska some 12,000 years ago and then migrating across North and South America.

But recent research indicates that the initial settlement of the continent was instead driven by Southeast Asians who occupied Australia 60,000 years ago and then expanded into the Americas about 13,500 years ago, prior to Mongoloid people arriving from northeast Asia."

Who Were The First Americans?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,909,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The liberal answer to all those questions is "yes". A "white supremacist" is any white person who differs significantly in their views on race from the NYT, the Democratic Party and Harvard's African American Studies department.

IMO "white supremacy" is white people being entitled to rule over others, and non-whites lacking the same rights and privileges as whites under the law. The miniscule number of people who desire that are the actual white supremacists.
I agree with both points. But the establishment doesn't get to define the terms for everyone and tell everyone what is acceptable and unacceptable. It's suppose to be the other way around.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Much longer ago than that. "Traditionally, Native Americans are believed to have descended from northeast Asia, arriving over a land bridge between Siberia and Alaska some 12,000 years ago and then migrating across North and South America.

But recent research indicates that the initial settlement of the continent was instead driven by Southeast Asians who occupied Australia 60,000 years ago and then expanded into the Americas about 13,500 years ago, prior to Mongoloid people arriving from northeast Asia."

Who Were The First Americans?
That's a very poor article. Here is a better study summary using DNA reaearch that suggest about one third portion of American Indian DNA comes from migration of early Europeans across Siberia and into the Americas That's probably why some Amerindian fossils and tribes show less mongoloid features.

"Great Surprise"?Native Americans Have West Eurasian Origins

Quote:
While the land bridge still formed the gateway to America, the study now portrays Native Americans as a group derived from the meeting of two different populations, one ancestral to East Asians and the other related to western Eurasians

Old 08-21-2017, 12:17 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,495,770 times
Quote:
People inherit the culture they created. So is your philosophy the reason why non-whites want to push whites out of America and the West? They think they are identical and interchangeable and they'll own the culture and it run the same or better? I don't think so.
You think it's fanatical for "liberals" to assume anyone who is proud of their (white) heritage is a white supremacist but you want to honestly believe all non-whites want to push white people out of America? You seem to see the lack of nuance in the former but not the latter.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:23 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,495,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm talking about the people here in the US! I'm seeing it all over social media, how certain races think they are superior to anyone else. I see more racist comments on my timeline coming from black people towards whites than any other kind of hate. What about the ones that like to say white people got no culture, when they do, it depends on what part of Europe they come from. What about all this crap that White people stole everything and have nothing original, but yet, I don't see any other race dominating the hockey sports, other winter sports or most of the swimming sports and other water cultures.
cant really speak for any of those people who you say said those things. I think white america has a culture, especially people whose families have been here for generations. IMO, people are aware of racism within their own cultures but they may not share it with white people because it's just not their culture so they assume they probably don't have an interest or understanding. If you have a good friend who is Asian, Latino, black, etc and you ask them for their honest opinion about it they might share.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:49 AM

1,147 posts, read 721,446 times
Quote:
That's a dumb , nonsensical and anti-American thing to say. Plenty of Americans are connected the their ancestor's culture. They are the ones trying to prevent the culture from being torn down and washed away.
I think that the connections would fade after the first or second generation.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
You think it's fanatical for "liberals" to assume anyone who is proud of their (white) heritage is a white supremacist but you want to honestly believe all non-whites want to push white people out of America? You seem to see the lack of nuance in the former but not the latter.
The former and the latter are intertwined. I never said "all". I implied in net. So you have created a strawman, an apples and oranges comparison and a non sequitur. Good job .

Old 08-21-2017, 02:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,781,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
To me, it is very simple.

White supremacy means that you think you are superior to another race based solely on race. You think you are genetically superior and another race, by virtue of their DNA, is inferior to you.
Not necessarily. White supremacists might feel that way because people of European descent founded and built(help build) this country and therefore should be the ones that are in control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies