Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 01:32 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times

Advertisements

These are problems and or issues based on policy

1. Wars
I am for being in wars we need to be, Trumps address to the nation on the Afghanistan war is puzzling.
No nation building yet we are going to win the war according to Trump. Who is the war against? Every person that could be a terrorist in that nation might be a never ending battlefield. It took us 9 years to find one man who did 9-11. I am for winning a war but its time you define when a war is won and then come home. You could be in the middle east forever. I agree no nation building but Trump has been filled with if we leave there will be a spot for them to come in. YEAH and even if you win in Afghanistan what is to stop them from coming from IRAQ, IRAN etc back into Afghanistan and start all over.

2. His cabinet
He has to many people working against him in his cabinet and also to many military people advising him. Trump picked these people.

3. Healthcare
Repeal it period, as soon as the replace talk started you ended up with RINOS and moderations running the largest government funded bailouts of insurance companies at the tax payers expense. The word Republican and tax and spending is crazy and the Paul Ryans and mitch oconnels are the problem and Trump started being buddy buddy with them that is when it went down hill.

4. Cut Taxes
Should have started with this plan first. Instead he has been looking for ways to give businesses pay breaks (create jobs) while the standard working man is left still holding the bills.

Anything beyond that is most Media liberal drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 01:36 PM

4,614 posts, read 3,306,005 times
Let's face it, the guy has no idea how to get his agenda done, and even if you were in favor of every piece of it, it just will not happen.

I think he thought it would be like TV, where you just said, "You're fired!" and what he wanted would happen. Governing is a compromise and he hasn't found that out yet.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:46 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,098,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

1. Wars
I am for being in wars we need to be, Trumps address to the nation on the Afghanistan war is puzzling.
No nation building yet we are going to win the war according to Trump. Who is the war against? Every person that could be a terrorist in that nation might be a never ending battlefield. It took us 9 years to find one man who did 9-11. I am for winning a war but its time you define when a war is won and then come home. You could be in the middle east forever. I agree no nation building but Trump has been filled with if we leave there will be a spot for them to come in. YEAH and even if you win in Afghanistan what is to stop them from coming from IRAQ, IRAN etc back into Afghanistan and start all over.

2. His cabinet
He has to many people working against him in his cabinet and also to many military people advising him. Trump picked these people.

3. Healthcare
Repeal it period, as soon as the replace talk started you ended up with RINOS and moderations running the largest government funded bailouts of insurance companies at the tax payers expense. The word Republican and tax and spending is crazy and the Paul Ryans and mitch oconnels are the problem and Trump started being buddy buddy with them that is when it went down hill.

4. Cut Taxes
Should have started with this plan first. Instead he has been looking for ways to give businesses pay breaks (create jobs) while the standard working man is left still holding the bills.

1. As far as the war on terror goes, you either support nation building or you don't support the war on terror (or support losing the war on terror). And that's not some "are you a real American" question. I do not support the war on terror. Don't get me wrong, I hate radical Islam as much as any normal person does but I don't believe we should sacrifice our principles to fight such a battle. To quote John Quincy Adams, on American foreign policy, " she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy."

2. His cabinet is a mess.

3. Repeal without replace was politically unpopular; it was never going to get through congress. Not without talking with Democrats, who, let's face it, are going to be necessary if you want to replace it. Repeal and replace needs to be a bipartisan issue, and no one seems interested in doing that (meaning none of them should hold public office... period).

4. Congress cuts taxes, not the president. Congress is a mess, which in fairness, I could have said in point 3. Make no mistake; it applies there too. Trump would be wise to simply encourage congress to get it's **** together, but Trump is notoriously bad at encouraging people to do things. At least not in a way that any sensible person would condone.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:01 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
I actually agree with you except on #3. I think Obamacare is a mess but it needs to be tweaked. It basically upended the entire insurance market and only folks with pre existing conditions and buyers of individuals plans needed to be changed.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:

1. Wars

2. His cabinet

3. Healthcare

4. Cut Taxes

1. No correct answer at this point.

The left, to include many Republicans, will not accept any restrictions on who may come here or even the countries they originate from.

Since anyone from anywhere can come here, including terrorists, preemptively taking the war to the terrorists home countries will be an unavoidable consequence of multiculturalism.

2. Got names?

3. Trump didn't make Democrats and RINO Republicans traitors to the people that elected them. There will be an upcoming sorting out process based on who ****ed their constituents the most.

4. Again, The House and Senate have their own self-serving interests to deal with.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:09 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:

1. Wars

my reply here is no justification for Trumps actions yesterday, nor is it a disagreement with him...

but I would suggest to you that if you look at military actions we have taken as a nation. Then look at where we have been successful and where we have not.... Both during and after action, you will find a commonality.

1. commitment to total war where we kill enough of them that they decide its better to no longer fight us.
2. we stayed. period. we didn't stay for some period then left. we didn't give them some money and let them come up with some kind of government that was more in line with their traditions than it was our view of freedom. We. Just. Stayed.

WE are still in Germany, Japan and Korea. period. We stayed and we demanded they institute a democratic system that while it was representative of their culture (Japan kept its king), we insured their democracy was a real one that gave equal freedom to all its citizens. Those nations are some of our closest allies, their people are free, first world and wealthy.

While we did not stay in the Balkans at the of that engagement, we did demand Western European Powers stay there and develop real peace. They did stay and that did lead to stability there.

We failed to insure an equitable solution at the end of WW1, and we left. That left the desperate in the hands of extremists and that in turn let to WW2 and the Holocaust.

We failed to stay in China at the end of WW2. It turned into a communist hell hole where 60 million were starved to death and now they are our largest antagonist on the national stage.

We did not stay in Vietnam. It too is a communist hell hole. Leaving Vietnam led to the rise of the communist Khmer Rouge in Cambodia which led to 25% of that countries population dying at the hands of their government.

We failed to finish the first Iraq war and that led to at least part of our current mayhem in the middle east. It should be noted we did stay in Kuwait and it is by and large stable.

When we won the Iraq war, we failed to demand they develop a real democracy built on the western ideals of equality and freedom with a secular approach. This was GWBs greatest mistake. It led to further complications.

Then Obama compounded that by insuring we did not reach a Status of Forces Agreement, and we pulled out... leaving the desperate in the hands of the extremists....

Iraq2.0 was a double compounded case of failing to learn the lessons of history.

And now we arrive at Afghanistan.

Here is what history tells us. It was stable. Then the Russians invaded and were defeated but in turn, destabilized the region. The Taliban came to power...

Now here we are...

"nation building" has become a dirty word.

all I am saying here is we have a hundred years of history. we have successes and failures and we know exactly what it takes to be completely successful.

WE WILL NOT REPEAT THE SUCCESSES OF OUR PAST
1. because we will not learn the lessons of history
2. because our politics is too precious to us, and we have learned that playing politics with the lives of other nations is a winning strategy.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:12 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
1. No correct answer at this point.

The left, to include many Republicans, will not accept any restrictions on who may come here or even the countries they originate from.

Since anyone from anywhere can come here, including terrorists, preemptively taking the war to the terrorists home countries will be an unavoidable consequence of multiculturalism.

2. Got names?

3. Trump didn't make Democrats and RINO Republicans traitors to the people that elected them. There will be an upcoming sorting out process based on who ****ed their constituents the most.

4. Again, The House and Senate have their own self-serving interests to deal with.
The names you are looking for have all been fired or have left the administration.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:14 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
1. Wars

I agree with everything you posted here

2. His cabinet

well, Most military personnel have lots of experience based on discipline, organization and leadership. As opposed to common misconception, most are not “war mongers.”

3. Healthcare

4. Cut Taxes

Anything beyond that is most Media liberal drama.[/quote]

agreed

Old 08-22-2017, 05:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:

While the media plays a part left and the right media Trump has no clue how to run a country he's a business man not a politician. Politician's understand that they have to work with those across the hall.

Trump doesn't want to work with anything he believes that he should be able to do what he wants when he wants too.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:36 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyandjusticeforall View Post
these are problems and or issues based on policy
. . . poppy flower!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies