Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:06 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
They don't. It's part of the fascist trump regime's plan to place cities under martial law and federal control.
Sheesh do you believe what you write? Have you seen video of WACO????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 04:24 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Because people love and promote small government except when they don't.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I think liberals can depend on gun owners to protect themselves.
Don't you worry your pretty little head about us liberals, my husband and I both own guns and have concealed carry permits. My husband was on the USMC pistol team & I worked in law enforcement for nearly three decades so you don't have to stay up at night worrying about us knocking on your door asking you to to protect us.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:35 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
no, they don't need 2/3 of the crap they get and some small agencies struggle to come up with the money to maintain some of those vehicles. For the most part it's just cosplay for cops & has nothing to do with law enforcement

Old 08-29-2017, 04:42 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Just curious but why do cops need tanks, grenade launchers, and bayonets??? Exactly who do they plan on using them on?

https://woay.tv/trump-orders-militar...ets-and-tanks/
To counter the Left and the fascist scum like antifa. In other words, to protect America from enemies within.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
To counter the Left and the fascist scum like antifa. In other words, to protect America from enemies within.
So we should shoot Nazis? How about Nazi sympathizers?

Old 08-29-2017, 04:50 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
no, they don't need 2/3 of the crap they get and some small agencies struggle to come up with the money to maintain some of those vehicles. For the most part, it's just cosplay for cops & has nothing to do with law enforcement

Are you a cop? have you patrolled the high crime infested areas by gangs and the drug cartels in the Southern states?

being a cop is not having to use those things but when they do you want them prepared and equipped property.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:52 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Just curious but why do cops need tanks, grenade launchers, and bayonets??? Exactly who do they plan on using them on?

https://woay.tv/trump-orders-militar...ets-and-tanks/
Tanks? No idea. I can't imagine when that would be very necessary.

Grenade launchers? Probably to fire grenades. I doubt they actually plan on firing legitimate explosives. Most likely these will be used to fire gas grenades and other non-lethal weapons.

Bayonets? Defiantly no idea. I'm no expert on military tactics, but bayonets really don't have a tactical purpose any more.

I'm generally skeptical of militarized police. I tend to think it's not a good idea. I generally believe that any weapon the police can have, then the citizens whom they 'protect and serve' should also be allowed to have. They are fighting wars; they don't need weapons that far out pace the average armaments that a normal citizen could carry. Yes, I'm a liberal. I consider myself a moderate Democrat (register Independent). I've never felt passionate about gun control. I think people should have the right to keep and bare arms until they abuse it. 'They' of course refers to a single person; no person should be held accountable for the actions of others (this is why I think terms like "leftist" are for stupid ****s; they're almost always used as a means of making one person guilty for the actions of a whole group), therefore, unless I shoot up a mall, there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed to own an "assault weapon" (which isn't a real classification of weapons, to my knowledge).

That's my take. Militarize the police, so long as the citizenry can too. The police serve the public; they shouldn't be able to arm themselves to the extent of being the absolute authority of the public.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:59 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Just curious but why do cops need tanks,
Define tank.

Quote:
grenade launchers
These are used to launch a variety of projectiles including flash bang grenades and tear gas.

Quote:
, and bayonets???
That's an odd one, but could be very important in case of extreme violence.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
These are used to launch a variety of projectiles including flash bang grenades and tear gas.
Tear gas launchers are designed for that purpose. Grenade launchers are ill suited for that purpose.

Tear gas cartridge,Tear gas shell,Tear gas grenade,Rubber ball shell,Tear gas shell launcher, Water cannon,Tear gas liquid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies