Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

He could make it a sanctuary state.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:42 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
" Maine Democratic Governor candidate: Maine's whiteness a problem "

I don't see how one's skin color is a problem, we all bleed red.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:51 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It is in 2017. White is the new ick I've heard. People feel free to spit on white, kick white and belittle all the white they want . At least it seems that way. It's such a shame this is what all the activism did. Instead of lifting people who were down in the crap up and out, it just shoved another demographic down into all the crap.

It's a bit like saving a drowning person who pulls you down into the water so you both end up drowning.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:58 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He could make it a sanctuary state.
Good idea!! That would fix all his problems. That's what Canada did. I never thought Hispanics were crazy enough to live in that cold weather but apparently white folks aren't the only crazy people around. lol They're just the only ones left you can actually call crazy out loud apparently.

But maybe L'Oreal is changing this???? I hope so because my white half feels pretty bad about it.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:33 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
I'm surprised so many posters here are standing up for Maine - - they did vote for Clinton in the 2016 election. 94.4% white, and they still don't vote Republican (and the Republicans they vote for, most other Republicans despise: Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, etc.).

Old 09-02-2017, 03:12 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No, it's not. I lived in Maine for a few years. Whiteness is not a problem. It's the majority in Maine, but blaming Maine's problems on white people is about the dumbest thing I've heard this week...almost the dumbest thing.

Since he did not clarify, or the article did not clarify what, exactly he thought the problem was caused by white people, I can only surmise he must mean the economy. Well, that's not the fault of being white, it's the fault of people not wanting to allow much of anything to enter their state because they don't want to change things.

Maine is not business friendly.

It is extremely difficult to find a full time job in Maine, trust me, I KNOW. You have very few places that even offer full time work. A LOT of people do part time jobs and seasonal work. I managed to snag a few full time jobs while there before I said "screw it" and started working for a company in another state but from the comfort of my home in Maine.

Then you have to get past the whole "you're an outsider" mentality that goes on there where you don't get a chance at many jobs because they don't know you, but they do know the other candidate (who is far less experienced than you) because their brother's friend has a guy who comes over every other Thursday to mow the lawn, and he mentioned once that his wife's hairdresser knows this lady who has a dog walker who knows the candidate for the job. Therefore, because you're "from away" it doesn't matter if the other candidate is 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you aren't getting the job.

In other words, it's not because they are white, it's because they do not want any kind of change at all. And I'm about 75% on board with that. The other part of me realizes that they have got to start finding a way to bring in some jobs. Otherwise you get bored people doing drugs...and they have a big problem with that up there.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:24 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I'm surprised so many posters here are standing up for Maine - - they did vote for Clinton in the 2016 election. 94.4% white, and they still don't vote Republican (and the Republicans they vote for, most other Republicans despise: Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, etc.).
That's because most of those who voted for those people drive Volvos, and no one in Maine who has any sense or is reasonable has any respect for a Volvo driver. The good news is, most of them stay in the south part of the state where it's crowded (by Maine's standards) and obnoxious. The entire rest of the state is glorious without them.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:46 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's because most of those who voted for those people drive Volvos, and no one in Maine who has any sense or is reasonable has any respect for a Volvo driver. The good news is, most of them stay in the south part of the state where it's crowded (by Maine's standards) and obnoxious. The entire rest of the state is glorious without them.
South of the Volvo line voted for Clinton and north of the line voted for Trump. Their electoral votes are split.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:28 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
America, are you done with Democratic morons yet?
Democrats have found life support by invading the Republican Party, try to act "conservative", and continue their failed liberal and progressive ideologies. Informed and educated voters are not fooled easily. Uninformed and non-educated voters are going to vote for same people for the sake of liking them.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:02 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
...Then you have to get past the whole "you're an outsider" mentality that goes on there where you don't get a chance at many jobs because they don't know you, but they do know the other candidate (who is far less experienced than you) because their brother's friend has a guy who comes over every other Thursday to mow the lawn, and he mentioned once that his wife's hairdresser knows this lady who has a dog walker who knows the candidate for the job. Therefore, because you're "from away" it doesn't matter if the other candidate is 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you aren't getting the job...
Sounds like a bunch of clannish white folks, from here. Oh, and don't ever order a hamburger in Maine unless you've got a LOT of time. Folks behind the counter will have to figure out how to light the grill, wait for it to get hot, let you know they're out of hamburger meat and, oh yeah, they closed at 5 o'clock, by the way.
Maine could use an infusion of new blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies