Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 09:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And Republicans never 'use' anything for their own benefit.

Thanks for the laugh this morning -- as I ponder the effects of Irma on my community -- I needed a break and this gave me the laugh out loud snicker I needed.

Of course Republicans and Democrats both use whatever they can to get whatever they want.

DUH?!
Of course they do. But the really funny part about all of this is that the Republicans never saw it coming. They thought because they had a Republican in the White House that they would have the White House's support for the Republican agenda. Which is a reasonable assumption. What they didn't account for is that Trump values approval more than actually leading his own party. And now the Democrats will benefit from that.

There's your belly laugh for the day.

Good luck with Irma. I have several friends in the state and am anxious for all of you.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
No one loses status even if their work permit expires why he waits on Congress to legalize DACA. Let's face it, he intends to extend DACA forever. Does the right thing, good for him. But he has thrown his supporters under the bus.
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
CNN gets some rest now until they can come up with some other story.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I always suspected that far right propaganda was dumbed down and put out in cartoons, thanks for confirming that fact.
all kinds of propaganda is put into cartoon form, left and right. I'm not surprised that you were only peripherally aware of this.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:47 AM

292 posts, read 245,364 times
Well, now they have six months to do what it takes to pursue legal citizenship, don't they?

With human trafficking being at an all time high( and this includes trafficking in human organs, and plasma) we really need to have anyone in America to be documented.

Society does not run on manna, these people need to pay their taxes and only receive financial aid if there is a proven need...and only after they have resided in the US, waiting for their citizenship for a predetermined timeframe....no criminal activity on their records, either. No marijuana raps, either

I am beyond done with them receiving gibs without any desire to assimilate.......corporations who hire these folks should have some legally set responsibilities to provide direction for these people to get on the tax rolls and provide directions for citizenship. They certainly do for Expatriates.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:54 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Despite his statements that he doesn't believe in polls, he does and the feedback on his DACA decision was fast and furious against Sessions' announcement. trump is back-tracking because of that backlash. And of course screwing his base.

Enjoy!
I suggest they stock pile on lube there will be more to come, can't say I feel for them they begged for it.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:55 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
No one loses status even if their work permit expires why he waits on Congress to legalize DACA. Let's face it, he intends to extend DACA forever. Does the right thing, good for him. But he has thrown his supporters under the bus.
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
No, he wants to end DACA, which isn't a law but an executive order, forever and replace it with a law that should have happened EIGHT years ago and didn't.

Trump is forcing congress to do their stinking job and now they hate him for it. For over eight years the republicans and democrats had time to come up with an alternative and all they gave us was a big, fat nothing.

As a strong Trump supporter I know some dreamers that attend the same church I go that are very, very good people and they should stay. One I know came over as a child, went to college earning her RN degree and she, and her husband who is also a dreamer, should become citizens and stay.

They are expecting their first child in a few months. Wonderful family.

Nobody wants to see them forced over the border. As a strong Trump supporter if he tried this it would sicken me and I would turn.

But the MS18 and drug crowd? I want them out now and immediately. I don't care if they came as children if they are drug pushers, killers, gang members and thieves I want them gone over the border at gun point if that is what it takes.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:16 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Too bad the OP didn't think to poll those in favor of DACA versus repeal, but I started a thread not too long ago that tallies 53% in favor of re-electing Trump vs 47% opposed. I wonder if counting those wanting to repeal DACA vs not wouldn't come out with the same ratio (in this forum)...

Based on what we know now, would you vote to re-elect Trump?

This is yet another example of what Trump is actually doing a little different from what he said he would do, though as usual it seems his focus is on simply repealing what Obama did while leaving a vacuum in terms of replacement. Just like so many Americans who complain without end but really do little else in the way of productive direction.

As also commented before...

Embarrassing is more the word that comes to mind, up there with disappointing, concerning (if not alarming), not only that Trump is our POTUS but because of the way so many Americans seem to think/feel about so many things in America, all too backward in all too many ways.

I mean this repeal of DACA as case in point; some 800,000 kids brought to America by no choice or doing of their own, and these are the people we set our sites on as part of "making American great again?" This is what we do? Now too Trump is allowing the debt ceiling to rise again, and what do Trump supporters think?

Nothing it would seem. They just don't...

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-07-2017 at 11:18 AM..

Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Not only that but the stress he's put these people under is awful and if he intends on letting them stay, totally unnecessary.
Exactly! It's not the policy that means much (yet), but this unfeeling and demented POTUS who thinks every citizen or immigrant or foreign leader...every human being is fodder for his grist mill.

That is very troubling - whatever the end game.

Of course, Don the Con plays checkers, not chess. He knows not what he does - which is why Congress should get together and pass a law requiring mental fitness tests for all in high office.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
No, he wants to end DACA, which isn't a law but an executive order, forever and replace it with a law that should have happened EIGHT years ago and didn't.

Trump is forcing congress to do their stinking job and now they hate him for it. .
Congress? So are you saying the Dems would not have made this law?

Let me fill in the proper word "SOME in the GOP part of Congress hate him for passing the buck to them after the convinced their radical base that DACA would fail".

Do I have that somewhat right?

Old 09-07-2017, 10:27 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
This was the plan all along idiots . It was mentioned on Monday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies