Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 07:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They can pass a Law that only applies to a specific group, and have a cut off date. My guess is that they will only include those already covered under DACA and future kids will be treated as illegals and deported.
Honest Question for You: If Congress passed such a law and added to it the end of the practice of citizenship for children born here to two illegal parents would you back it?
I would. But only if we make a substantial effort to stop illegal immigration. There is no good solution for illegal immigrants without a good solution for border control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 07:25 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Trump supporters know that Trump is a major disappointment, so all they can do is talk about how horrible Hillary is.

Pathetic if you ask me,
Well, she was historically horrible. Kinda like slavery. It's hard to forget about it.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:36 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
what kind of perverse world do you live in where you think it's better that they are now at risk of having information they provided voluntarily because it was going to facilitate getting the necessary papers to live, work, go to school in the US being used against them to deport them?
Trump is not deporting any Dreamers except for the criminals. He's just forcing congress to do their jobs. Stop watching MSNBC and that crazy lesbian Maddow.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I would. But only if we make a substantial effort to stop illegal immigration. There is no good solution for illegal immigrants without a good solution for border control.
Then we agree, we do need good border control and believe it or not it has been improving, even under Obama, I am against a WALL, not practical or affordable, but fencing, more agents, and better surveillance would all help. But that is not going to get the job done or resolve the issue, we also have to require E-Verify, we need to stop allowing illegals to actually draw federal financial aid, emergency medical aid only. That said I would also say that we do need many of these workers and there is a solution for that, simplify the green card process and up the numbers allowed, vet them with background checks then make renewal quick and cheap, so long as they are not criminals they should be able to work here, they do not like living under the threat of being picked up at any moment. They would also then be paying into the tax system and we would know who they are. I believe the above would massively reduce illegals crossing our borders and for the most part resolve the issue for most of us.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:12 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Well, she was historically horrible. Kinda like slavery. It's hard to forget about it.
Were the ways in which she was "historically horrible" also imaginary, like the position you imagined her to have on illegal immigration?

You all live in a fictional universe ruled by propaganda and lies. It's sad and pathetic.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Not those already here and covered under DACA."

DACA is an EO and can be erased just as easily as it was created,

It goes AGAINST existing immigration law.

She said, " “But I think all of them who can be should be reunited with their families.â€

So, when their families, Mom and Dad are deported , the children SHOULD be WITH THEM.
This is what I don't get about the DACAs not one word from them about being separated from their parents if they get to remain here but their parents are deported. So much for their so-called wonderful family oriented culture. Why would they want to remain here while their parents are deported?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump is not deporting any Dreamers except for the criminals. He's just forcing congress to do their jobs. Stop watching MSNBC and that crazy lesbian Maddow.

Here's the hitch though. They have to be "convicted" criminals. How many have broken the law but haven't been caught yet? Will using a fake or stolen SS number be excusable or even traced? How about gang members? Will they be easily traced?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:08 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is what I don't get about the DACAs not one word from them about being separated from their parents if they get to remain here but their parents are deported. So much for their so-called wonderful family oriented culture. Why would they want to remain here while their parents are deported?
Maybe because everything they've ever known is here? Maybe because they have opportunities here?

Lots of people make very difficult decisions that separate them from their families. That doesn't mean they don't value their family though.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Maybe because everything they've ever known is here? Maybe because they have opportunities here?

Lots of people make very difficult decisions that separate them from their families. That doesn't mean they don't value their family though.
They usually don't live in separate countries though and are easily visited, not so in the case of the DACAs. Their parents bring them here and then they ditch them? They learned the culture and the language of their homelands from their parents so this country is not the only thing they have ever known. Many of them came here as young children or teenagers anyway.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Hillary will only say what needs to be said to get the votes but her true intentions are different.
Sounds like all politicians and even Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies