Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 02:53 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Okay, if you say so, then I guess I was TKO'ed. But why didn't they read the article you posted? Why jump to conclusions? Why are others here automatically assuming and referring to this family as ignorant, impoverished refugees and making comments about "letting these kind of people into America" when the family are actually wealthy, well educated people who have legally been in America for several years?

They aren't refugees, they're an affluent, well-employed, mansion dwelling American family with Syrian roots, the mother and father met and married in Syria. The mother was a fitness trainer and the father was a long time physician who recently lost his license because of Medicaid fraud (not welfare fraud as you stated).

Why did you say it was welfare fraud instead of Medicaid fraud if for no other reason than to make the family situation look worse than it already is? That can't be passed off as a simple mistake.

Everything else that has been said in the article about the family are all allegations and it says that right in the article, that they are allegations.

If the father is actually an immigrant physician from Syria he should have / would have been deported for Medicaid fraud and domestic abuse. Deportation is what is supposed to happen to an immigrant who breaks the law. Why didn't that happen?

Let's have some facts, okay?

Bingo, now you know why Trump won. He was the only one with the guts to tackle this issue. Everyone else is too afraid of being called a bigot to do so. I know an immigrant family with a home healthcare business where the husband was convicted of Medicare fraud. He not only did not get deported, he's back in business. How is that allowed? It sure wouldn't be allowed for an American citizen, but I know for a fact this happened. So what am I to conclude but that America needs someone with the intestinal fortitude to take on this issue, and Trump is the only one to do it.

Don't go throwing the DACA deal in my face because I've always wanted that to be passed. I have never advocated for people who were raised here to be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 03:27 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What percentage of 16 year olds can grow a beard?

He'll have plenty of time to work on it.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:45 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Impossible. People who oppose Syrian refugees are racists, and you can't be racist against whites.
Many people who oppose Syrian refugees have no idea where Syria is at, you think they have any inkling what Syrians look like? FYI, many of them are darker than the kid in the photo, hell many of them can pass for Hispanic

Wouldn't be surprised if many of them think Syria is in Saudi Arabia.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:19 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Wonder if Michigan has a death penalty? I hope so. There are plenty of videos online showing whole neighborhoods up there in Dearborn Michigan that seem to be fully colonized, American culture has been pushed out and a hostile foreign culture and religion has replaced it. Remember this is a place INSIDE the US state of Michigan. This is(was) part of our nation. I welcome legal immigrants, those who come here to become Americans and assimilate into our culture have contributed much to our country. However when you come here and refuse to accept and adapt our basic values and those values are hostile to ours I have to say you are not welcome here. As an American I want Dearborn Michigan back, this is an American town. It is a place where Henry ford built the US auto industry, a place that has had serious impact on our national history. I want it back, and I want all other places like it back. This story is a perfect example of why we need to be more selective about who we allow to immigrate here.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:19 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Sad family situation. Divorces can be stressful and lead to horrible circumstances like what occurred.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
His father should be arrested the dude clearly seems to be at least a potential Terrorist sympathizer. It is amazing that the kids is 100% Syrian, I know some middle easterners can and do pass for White but he looks completely European with no Arab admixture at all IMO.

Middle Easterners are considered white in America (which is why it is always funny to me honestly that some whites don't want them here and act like they are so horrible. I joke with people I know who are Islamophobes in real life that if it weren't for the ME Muslims, they probably wouldn't have a doctor - the father of this boy was also a doctor).

The boy looks like a typical Syrian. Syrians if compared to our American system of social race, would be considered "white" by their appearance. I know a lot of people who are from the ME due to me living in NW OH and SE MI which has a high amount of people with ethnic roots in the Middle East and nearly all of them look like white people. I've honestly never met a Syrian who didn't look like a brunette white person. I've met some Persians (Iraqi/Iranians) who look more like the stereotypical brown skinned Arab, but even the majority of the Persians I know look white, as do the Lebanese.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Wonder if Michigan has a death penalty? I hope so. There are plenty of videos online showing whole neighborhoods up there in Dearborn Michigan that seem to be fully colonized, American culture has been pushed out and a hostile foreign culture and religion has replaced it. Remember this is a place INSIDE the US state of Michigan. This is(was) part of our nation. I welcome legal immigrants, those who come here to become Americans and assimilate into our culture have contributed much to our country. However when you come here and refuse to accept and adapt our basic values and those values are hostile to ours I have to say you are not welcome here. As an American I want Dearborn Michigan back, this is an American town. It is a place where Henry ford built the US auto industry, a place that has had serious impact on our national history. I want it back, and I want all other places like it back. This story is a perfect example of why we need to be more selective about who we allow to immigrate here.
I've been to Dearborn. Have you...?

If you're not from there, how can you want it "back" lol and where has it went? I've been there is the last 6 months and it is still in the same place.

Dearborn has a lot of upscale malls and most of the Muslims who live there are professional people who make a lot of money and it is not like the propaganda videos you see online and believe to be 100% truth. You shouldn't believe everything you see in videos online or on TV.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
As a liberal, I constantly find it amusing that some refugees from these nightmare places come here and then try to make this place into where they just escaped from.

My family came here as refugees and we have tried everything to integrate into American society. In fact, most of us Vietnamese have done everything to integrate nicely into the American society. When in Rome, play like the Romans.

Frankly, my family has been quite appalled by how some middle eastern refugees behave. Makes no sense to us at all.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:17 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats an appeal to ignorance fallacy. A racist not knowing Syrians are "white" does not change that they were/still are racist towards Syrians, all it proves is that they had no idea who they were against.
Syrian isn't a race. Why must you over use a word that doesn't even belong in the sentence?

Old 09-18-2017, 08:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sad family situation. Divorces can be stressful and lead to horrible circumstances like what occurred.
LMAO...Nice try. It was their religion that led to what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies