Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 03:49 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
You think a red blooded American would take an AK-47 off a dead Cong, and use IT, a commie gun?

Just because it works well, huh? - Never mind.
It could get you killed due to their distinctive sound. I have both, but the modern versions. I'll take the AR-15 ever time which is the semi auto version civilians can buy. The current M4, which is essentially just a shorter barreled M16 with a few other changes is a good rifle, or we would not still be issuing them to troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 03:52 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,682,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Just starting episode 7 online. Mind blowing documentary. I forgot the name of the soldier that was talking about how he was triaged multiple times before another doctor finally recognized he needed help, but it floored me. He had a gaping chest wound.
A small spoiler for episode 8.

A nurse said that medical staff separated patients by referring to those in critical condition as "expected." She said she would insist to operate despite some being in "expected" condition. Other staff members would discourage her from doing so.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
A small spoiler for episode 8.

A nurse said that medical staff separated patients by referring to those in critical condition as "expected." She said she would insist to operate despite some being in "expected" condition. Other staff members would discourage her from doing so.
I will probably finish the remaining episodes today.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I'm surprised Ken Burns highlighted that after JFK went along with the coup to take out President Diem South Vietnam never had a civilian leader and just a series of coups and failed corrupt Generals. That was the key reason for our defeat in that war.
US backed coups have never ushered in stable replacements to the best of my knowledge.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:29 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Holy.

I had no idea of "fragging." Did any of you witness superiors ill treat black soldiers?
Quote:
Black soldiers suffered mistreatment on camps. They were forced to shave their heads etc. Don't forget. Many of the soldiers were from the south. They held a lot of racist sentiments as part of their culture.
Quote:
First you try hard to interject racial animosity in to the conversation then you post a link to an article about My Lai without any context. What are you trying to do here?

Old 09-26-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
First you try hard to interject racial animosity in to the conversation then you post a link to an article about My Lai without any context. What are you trying to do here?
The My Lai wasn't related to the two earlier post. I just posted it as it relates to this overall thread.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:09 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Holy.

I had no idea of "fragging." Did any of you witness superiors ill treat black soldiers?
Hell, in Vietnam half my superiors WERE black soldiers.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:09 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The cruel irony is we now trade with COMMUNIST! Vietnam as if the war had never happened.
Yes, and to pile irony on irony, we sent all our good paying American manufacturing jobs to COMMUNIST China. China is STILL communist. Our current president praises to the skies a man who cut his eye teeth in the COMMUNIST Russian KGB . Vladimir Putin still treasures his COMMUNIST party card and extols the Communist system to his Russian audiences. Trump didn't have the guts to go fight for our Country in Vietnam. He evaded the draft with a fake medical condition of bone spurs. The man is now 70 years old and never met a golf course he doesn't like. Bone spurs indeed. Oh the ironies have just piled up, one after the other. I am on irony overload these days. Both COMMUNIST Russia and COMMUNIST China aided communist N. Vietnam in the war.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You may be correct. As I said, I recall reading it somewhere and it was years ago.

Still, for something so awful, neither the Democratic nominee nor the Republican one campaigned on just ending the damn thing. They both wanted to continue. Neither stole Kennedy's stance and nobody voted for McCarthy.
Wait till they get to 1972 and McGovern. You're all in for the heartbreaking surprise of your life.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Yes, and to pile irony on irony, we sent all our good paying American manufacturing jobs to COMMUNIST China. China is STILL communist. Our current president praises to the skies a man who cut his eye teeth in the COMMUNIST Russian KGB . Vladimir Putin still treasures his COMMUNIST party card and extols the Communist system to his Russian audiences. Trump didn't have the guts to go fight for our Country in Vietnam. He evaded the draft with a fake medical condition of bone spurs. The man is now 70 years old and never met a golf course he doesn't like. Bone spurs indeed. Oh the ironies have just piled up, one after the other. I am on irony overload these days. Both COMMUNIST Russia and COMMUNIST China aided communist N. Vietnam in the war.
Lighten up, Colorado. It's not like Trump opened relations with China. That goes back to Nixon. It's been bipartisan treachery. I mean, I'm as appalled as anyone by Trump, but the dude has only been in office for nine months. Or has it been nine years? Feels like it sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies