Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:47 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hot is cold, up is down. the wacky wacky world of leftism.
To be fair, it's not the political left wing that's seriously considering voting for Kid Rock. Into the Senate.

I mean, do any of those people understand what the Senate is for? What about Kid Rocks seems like a good contender for the Senate?

I mean, him in any elected office is pretty ridiculous, but I could at least tolerate Kid Rock in the House of Representatives or something. But the Senate? Why?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:51 PM

672 posts, read 811,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
Let me interpret for you. I don't care if gays get married. I don't care what the hell you do just shutup not everything is about you.

Further interpretation.

Rights are not just about YOU. If ya pee standing up, don't pee on the toilet a girl does use.

Glad I could help since you seem to be having difficulty.
By the way, The majority of this country is against my rights!

As a natural human being it is my right to pee on a tree, or behind a bush if I feel the need. To make me hold it is as natural as can be.

Why would you make me poop my pants and be unclean? You're just mean!

Old 09-22-2017, 12:52 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
kid rock is a 'Hollywood conservative' now? i thought he was from detroit

when and where did he tell 'good liberals' <lol!> who you can and cannot embrace?

is this the thread where leftists just make up whatever they want and pretend it actually happened?
Kid Rock grew up in the suburbs of Detroit (a very far distant north one). Pretty nice little town.

You can't compare his childhood to someone that actually grew up in Detroit. As someone that grew up about an hour from Detroit myself, I'm very aware of the drastic and sharp differences between the city itself and the suburbs.

All of this is to say that yes, there are conservative people in MI, especially in the suburban and rural parts (the majority of MI is very rural, by the way - great scenery!). Kid Rock has conservative views.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:52 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Learn from Trump and take Kid Rock's bid for the senate seriously. I live in Michigan and I sure don't want him for my senator!

Old 09-22-2017, 12:54 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think there is a CD poster, her name is geekygirl? (she is a transgender woman) (sorry I don't remember her name) said she is not so sure if transgender folks should serve in the military. At least she is able to discuss issues without demonizing people.

I on the other hand, have been called a bigot and a fake military supporter simply because I said I don't believe transgender folks should be serving in the military. There are a lot of liberals agree with me too, nobody attacked them.

You like me! You really, really like me!

Old 09-22-2017, 12:55 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
kid rock is a 'Hollywood conservative' now? i thought he was from detroit

when and where did he tell 'good liberals' <lol!> who you can and cannot embrace?

is this the thread where leftists just make up whatever they want and pretend it actually happened?

Not Detriot. Suburbia. And yes he is a conservative.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Kid Rock thread needs Kid Rock video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glb2U6y-GdU

Old 09-22-2017, 12:59 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Kid Rock grew up in the suburbs of Detroit (a very far distant north one). Pretty nice little town.

You can't compare his childhood to someone that actually grew up in Detroit. As someone that grew up about an hour from Detroit myself, I'm very aware of the drastic and sharp differences between the city itself and the suburbs.

All of this is to say that yes, there are conservative people in MI, especially in the suburban and rural parts (the majority of MI is very rural, by the way - great scenery!). Kid Rock has conservative views.
but you do agree that Detroit is definitely not Hollywood, I would hope?

yeah, i know all about MI. i used to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not Detriot. Suburbia. And yes he is a conservative.
is he a Hollywood conservative, as that poster claimed?

Old 09-22-2017, 01:00 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Good heavens...just stop with the generalizations please! One person does not represent Trump supporters.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:04 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
but you do agree that Detroit is definitely not Hollywood, I would hope?

yeah, i know all about MI. i used to live there.

is he a Hollywood conservative, as that poster claimed?
Ah - I see your point. Yes, I think the idea of a "Hollywood conservative" is a bit silly. I wasn't really addressing that comment, though. Just pointing out where he's from (I kind of get annoyed when people say he's "from Detroit"...he's not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies