Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:28 PM

766 posts, read 1,254,744 times

Advertisements

I'm a progressive American currently living in Europe and I believe that the government should provide its citizens a safety net. That being said, undocumented immigration, refugees, and the toxic political correctness that liberals spout will culminate to the loss of the next election. I'm a third generation American of latino descent and even I can see the problems with amnesty -- the unfortunate truth is that the simple people, who actually vote, are against illegal immigration and muslim refugees. Sure the majority of our country may want a pathway to citizenship, but voter turnout in key states doesn't reflect that. It's time to accept this or we may never get the true progressive reforms that our country needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
liberals: when will you realize that amnesty, refugees, and political correctness will make you lose the 2020 election?

On Nov. 4, 2020.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I'm a progressive American currently living in Europe and I believe that the government should provide its citizens a safety net. That being said, undocumented immigration, refugees, and the toxic political correctness that liberals spout will culminate to the loss of the next election. I'm a third generation American of latino descent and even I can see the problems with amnesty -- the unfortunate truth is that the simple people, who actually vote, are against illegal immigration and muslim refugees. Sure the majority of our country may want a pathway to citizenship, but voter turnout in key states doesn't reflect that. It's time to accept this or we may never get the true progressive reforms that our country needs.
What path to citizenship? A path to citizenship you are talking about is just amnesty because the path to citizenship has always and already existed - it’s called “apply for legal immigration like everybody else!”

Why does anybody want to reinvent the wheel?

Old 09-25-2017, 05:15 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
If the Dems keep on the same path and not go more middle than they are done for, put a fork in, it's over time. The Dem leadership seems to not get this. It's evident by the book HRC put out.

If they keep that same lack of introspection and out of touch with mainstream America they will lose in 2020. I'm so confident of that I'd just about bet the house on it.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:19 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,996,269 times
Let's wait to the mid-terms.

As this guy is getting nuttier and nuttier.

Best to take up lessons in the Russian and Korean languages.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:21 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
You sure don't sound very progressive to me. Your comment that "simple people who vote" are opposed to muslim refugees is rather telling.

PS There is no amnesty, nor are there any amnesty proposals that I am aware of.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:25 PM

25,771 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
liberals: when will you realize that amnesty, refugees, and political correctness will make you lose the 2020 election?
Just after the next election as they are burning shops, overturning cars, and assaulting those who voted against their candidate.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:34 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times
Quote:
Democratic areas have a terrible safety-net. Hence, why Republican cities like Wichita and Bismarck have a fraction of the homeless or poverty of LA.

If there is a party that believes in a safety-net it is the Republicans.

While Republicans actually fix problems, Democrats play the victim and whine.

I myself can't wait for liberal cheerleaders and politicians to continue to be in bed with illegal alien advocacy groups, refugees and fixation with political correctness. It is a great formula for losing elections.

Republicans win by talking about tax cuts, letting states decide what sort of health care system they want by allocating block grant money and keeping America safe by having a robust and well-funded military.

Democrats on the other hand just parade around rich celebrities who have dozens of illegals working for them, social issues that the public doesn't want to hear about and raising taxes.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:34 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
When will Donald Trump realize that directing attention to superficial issues, like the NFL and if various TV hosts have gotten plastic surgery, when more critical issues are not being handled well isn't going to make him a strong incumbent candidate.

I mean, really. Puerto Rico is under water, Kim Jung Un is angrier than usual, the healthcare bill, that's pretty much a last ditch effort for a repeal of the ACA, is likely to not pass... is there actually a mystery as to why Trump felt that now, after months of this happening, he needed to comment on football players kneeling during the national anthem. I mean... no one is stupid enough to not understand what he's doing, right?

What successes does he intend to run on? Lobbying get some NFL players fired?

Old 09-25-2017, 05:37 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Huh? what "toxic political correctness that liberals spout?" That people shouldn't be hated because of their religion or skin color? That our nation shouldn't be full of proud hypocritical bigots, who take pride in their immigrant ancestors but who hate the next generation of them arriving at our shores?

Hey, I agree that illegal immigration should be dealt with, but no amount of facts or reason will do anything to convince angry bigots in swing states - they just hate people who are different - so knuckling under to them won't solve anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies